Cannabis.com

Thread: Making cheap reflectors?!?

12345-54321 is offline Registered+

Making cheap reflectors?!?

I've got a CFL grow setup that just finished up round 1. I'm very pleased with my setup but wanted to add a light reflector to max. my light use. I've looked around, and basically I need two cone reflectors, or perhaps a built in single. I've been looking at the hydro store, and also the depot, and just found these on ritz camera, and was wondering if anyone had tried this or something else for a cheap reflector setup....

Photoflex LiteDisc Reflector White/Silver Reversible 22-inch - DL-1322WS - RitzCamera.com

Thx....

2. Cannabis Seeds | Cannabis Seeds

Cannabis Seeds Delivered World Wide, Top Free Seeds with ALL orders. 

Medical Marijuana Dispensary Finder

Medical Marijuana Directory

bstheory is offline Registered+
    Haven't tried those before (since I haven't even started my first grow...) but I am planning on making some light reflectors with my architectural modeling supplies: foam core board + spray adhesive + space blanket = cheeeeeaaaaapp reflectors
    a rolling stoner smokes his moss

SMOKEnCHOKE is offline Registered+
    Those would reflect some light but their shape makes them terribly inefficent. You would be better off going to Walmart or Home Depot and just looking for something that you could make or would work better.
    Take It Easy

Klicked is offline Registered

Home made Reflector

The Cheapest Reflector I ever saw was made from an Aluminum Turkey pan,about 2.00 bucks He even had safty glass on it,grin
    If you really want it you'll find the directions or figure it out, every thing you need is at your finger tips. Good luck....

GaGrown is offline Registered+
    You can use duct board. It's insulated on one side and and silver backing on the other.Comes in a 4x8 sheet and can be used to make reflectors for HID lights as well.Figure your design out and cut peices then use the foil ducting tapeto tape the peices together.You could make more than 1 from this sheet. That backing will really throw the light back at the plants. A mind is a terrible thing to waste! Don't waste ya mind,GET WASTED!

Ga Grown!
    Give a man a fish,you feed him for a day! Teach a man to fish you feed him for life!

Ga Grown

A wise Man Once said; "Reminds me of an old saying I just made up..."A good gardener learns how to treat their garden. A great gardener learns how to treat their garden when shit happens."

Rusty Trichome!

http://boards.cannabis.com/redirect-...g%2Findex.html