Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is T5 too much light to Clone?

chrisdl805 is offline Registered+

Is T5 too much light to Clone?

I have the Sun system Spectra Max 4ft t5/hps light. I have been using it to try and root some clones in a home made bubble cloner but haven't had any roots and its been 2 weeks? I only have the T5 on and there the 54w and 4 bulb so that 216 watts and their the blue 6500k(i think)...I also tryed some in small rockwool rootcubes afew months ago and had 10% survival rate

check and see if the tips of the stem have turned colors, this could mean you have a bubble in the stem.
    a plants stem is like a cars hydrolic brake if you put anything that isnt supposed to be there it usually wont work.
    i would just stick to dirt, its easier IMHO.
    ¿Hablas español?
    Me encanta la marihuana!
    la marihuana me ama!

Quote Originally Posted by Prob034
    Like your potting container. Atleast McDonald's is good for something.

Its kinda hard to check the tip of the stem cause I put them in Botanicare grow plugs...Heres some pics
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Is T5 too much light to Clone?-3.5-clones.jpg   Is T5 too much light to Clone?-3.5-clones-1.jpg   Is T5 too much light to Clone?-3.5-clones-2.jpg  

Is T5 too much light to Clone?-3.5-clones-3.jpg  

And I do have a dome for them its just not pictured

stinkyattic is offline CultiModerVatorAtor
    Just a single small CFL over the dome is plenty of light. I find my T5 fixture much too strong for new clones! Those look like they have a good chance of making it; how long since you cut them and what did you use for hormone?

killerweed420 is offline Banned
    Be sure and have patience. Clones always look terrible for the first couple weeks. I keep mine real simple.A good soil,root powder and I scrape the bottom 1/2 inch with a sharp knife to expose the cambium layer. I get about 90% sucess rate.

I cut them almost 2 weeks ago ad I used dip and grow. Only thing is I don't have the right measuring cup that comes with it so I went by what the guy at the hydro store said. I have another single 2ft 22watt t5 light I could use??? Only thing is I also have 5 seedling under the same light the clones are under, 216watt, so they would be getting a lot less light then...

2 weeks... they are probably rooted now. You might want to give them a light foliar feeding of your BLOOM fertilizer mixed at 1/4 wht the bottle says, and when you see roots popping out switch to the GROW, also mixed weak. I think those clones are rooted, by the looks of them and the timing.

Don't you have a desk lamp that you could clip somewhere with a SMALL cfl in it, or a dim corner somewhere?

The ratio for dip n gorw on softwood cuttings is 1:20 so approximately 4 mL in a shot glass not quite full should do ya fine.

Okay, I'm using botinicare right now. So I'll spray them with some Pro Bloom and then pray for roots

Well I checked them tonight and one has 2 little roots poking through and one more little root that's about to poke it head out. So I mixed up some dutch master penetrator and some botanicare pro bloom and sprayed them with that. Hopefully the rest aren't far behind. I took 20 cuttings hoping that I would get 10 good clones, but I'd be happy with 5-7...My only problem is that the grow plugs are drying out real fast. I'm not sure if its cause the water is too low or because my air stone is powerful enough? Everyday I have to basically dip each plug into the reservoir to re-wet it.

Well I guess I was just being impatient. I think they're about 2 1/2 weeks old. So far 4/15 have rooted and the 1st one that rooted a few days ago has gone crazy and grown like 25 little roots, no lattering yet though. How much longer till I should transplant to some coco? I have removed the dome, do you think that's okay seeing as it been 2 1/2 weeks? I changed the reservoir yesterday and didn't lower the ph till today. It was at 7 something so I added some AN Voodoo Juice, a tip I got from the Hydro guy, and some Botanicare Pro Bloom Fert. That alone dropped the ph to about 6.1 then I used some ph down to bring it to 5.8. Does that sound about right? This is only my second time taking clones and my first with the bubble cloner. So far it seems to have a much higher success rate then my first attempt with rockwool cubes. Anyways Now that they are starting to show roots through the grow plugs should I stop foliar feeding? If not the what should I use, veg or bloom? Thanks, and hers some picks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Is T5 too much light to Clone?-crazy-roots.jpg   Is T5 too much light to Clone?-good-roots-1.jpg   Is T5 too much light to Clone?-good-roots-2.jpg  

Is T5 too much light to Clone?-couple-more-roots.jpg   Is T5 too much light to Clone?-small-root.jpg  

a few more shots
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Is T5 too much light to Clone?-clones-shot.jpg   Is T5 too much light to Clone?-top-shot.jpg   Is T5 too much light to Clone?-top-shot-1.jpg  

Is T5 too much light to Clone?-clones-seeds.jpg  

killerweed420 is offline Banned
    Looks like they're beginning to perk up.

Hennessy1414 is offline Registered+
    shouldnt he be clipping the dead/yellowed leaves?
    INDEED

Just thought I would do an update. So I started out with 20 cuttings. Four of them died, 14 of them rooted and 2 are still alive but hadn't rooted by the time I transplanted them into some coco. I transplanted 8 of them about a week and a half ago and then I did the other 8 about 5-6 days ago.

So here they are-all pretty Sage n sour Girls
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Is T5 too much light to Clone?-3.30-clones.jpg   Is T5 too much light to Clone?-3.30-clones-2.jpg   Is T5 too much light to Clone?-3.30-small-clones.jpg  

Is T5 too much light to Clone?-3.30-big-clone.jpg   Is T5 too much light to Clone?-3.30-big-clone-2.jpg  

phatsesh101 is offline Registered+
    i have the same light and it works great for clones like perfect they die from my stupidity. but that aquarium heater you have needs to be fully submerged i also have the same one and if it isnt submerged it shuts off but i dont use my hps either but i found that with roottech clone gel and some olivias clone solution my peat bound clones root in 4 days with less shock than that damn cloner i made,when i transplant. good luck

Quote Originally Posted by phatsesh101 View Post
    i have the same light and it works great for clones like perfect they die from my stupidity. but that aquarium heater you have needs to be fully submerged i also have the same one and if it isnt submerged it shuts off but i dont use my hps either but i found that with roottech clone gel and some olivias clone solution my peat bound clones root in 4 days with less shock than that damn cloner i made,when i transplant. good luck
    I wasn't sure about the aquarium heater being fully submerged or not, but thanks for the tip. Do you use all blue bulbs when cloning or do you mix in a red? When you say peat bound clones do you mean your gonna transplant them into some peat? Do you mix your own or use something like Pro-mix or Sunshine Mix #4? What do you start the clones in, grow plugs, peat pellets... I'm also curious about the roottech gel and the olivias clone solution. Are they 2 different types of cloning ingredients that just work well together? Or do they both do the same thing? I have only been using the light for about 6 months but so far I like it. The first one I had broke after like a week of using it, so I had to take it back and order another one, took like 2-3 months. I have tried using the 2 150 watt hps's but those suckers get real hot and would heat up the canopy temps so high that I was having to raise the light and putting the T5 to far away to be effective. So now it's strictly a veg/clone T5 light. Anyways thanks for the help

Nice work, and oooh lucky you to be running sage-n-sour. That stuff is tasty. I've had the pleasure of smoking it ONCE and it was just lovely.

Quote Originally Posted by stinkyattic View Post
    Nice work, and oooh lucky you to be running sage-n-sour. That stuff is tasty. I've had the pleasure of smoking it ONCE and it was just lovely.
    Thanks stinky! Always nice to get a compliment from you. The Cannibus club I frequent has had this particular strain of Sage n sour a few times, and every time they have it, there's always 4-5 seeds per 1/4 ounce. So I ended up with about 20 seeds half being undeveloped and the other half good quality brown/molted seeds. So I don't know if they came from a Hermied Sage N Sour or if the grower didn't remove all the males or what??? All I know is that the SnS was probably my fav weed I ever got from this club. So far all the seeds I have sprouted they have all turned up female so if that cont. then I can assume they came from a Hermie...right. And if they didn't then theres a possibility that the male they were bred with might not be SnS but something else.

All I know if that the mom these clones came from that is in week 5 of flower smells almost identical to the SnS I got from ther club. So either way I'm happy

I guess the only way to know for sure would be to buy some SnS seeds from amsterdam and compare the 2...which isn't a bad idea

Sage N Sour Update

Well the girls are about 5 weeks old now since rooting and there growing like crazy! They're growing an average of 1/2" a day, and that's in soil! Well actually they are in Sunshine mix #4 with some added perlite plus some worm castings. They are all around 12-15" tall, and have had they're main tips topped. The side branches are now beginning to stretch like crazy. I want to lst them but right now there isn't enough room in my veg chamber. I have 3 plants from seeds that I'm thinking about putting outdoors, that way I can give the cloans room to lst and spread out. Right now I have 2 cloans that are potential mothers that are growing much bushier than the others. The mom theses plants came from is almost done at week 7 of flower, and the quality is amazing for my first indoor grow, so these next can only get better. Plus the mom has been through hell and back with roots aphids, lockout, ph problems, and still is finishing strong. So I think its proved to be a super strong strain that finishes fast and is still high quality smoke. What more can you ask for in a plant? Here's some pics.

pic 1- overview- had some fungas knats-gnatrol=dead
    pic 2- potential mother #1
    pic 3- potential mother #1 top view
    pic 4- potential mother #2
    pic 5- another clone-notice the 3 finger fan leaf? Some clones have them some don't...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Is T5 too much light to Clone?-4.15-sns-clone-22.jpg   Is T5 too much light to Clone?-4.15-sns-clone-16.jpg   Is T5 too much light to Clone?-4.15-sns-clone-15.jpg  

Is T5 too much light to Clone?-4.15-sns-clone-14.jpg   Is T5 too much light to Clone?-4.15-sns-clone-9.jpg  

Here's a few more pics, plus I'll include one of the mom in week 7 flower
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Is T5 too much light to Clone?-4.18-week-7-10.jpg   Is T5 too much light to Clone?-4.15-sns-clone-7.jpg   Is T5 too much light to Clone?-4.15-sns-clone-3.jpg  

Is T5 too much light to Clone?-4.15-sns-clone-5.jpg   Is T5 too much light to Clone?-4.15-sns-clone-4.jpg  

colour is offline Registered+
    Whhaaattt lookin' good. Are you only using the Pro Bloom and VooDoo?

Side thought: Can clones get Ca deficiency?

I have been feeding them an 800 ppm mixture of the following-

Advanced Nutrients:
    Mother earth super tea grow
    Sensi-Cal Grow
    Piranha
    Voodoo Juice
    B-52
    Revive
    Barricade
    a little carbo load for the beneficials

Cannazym
    H&G Roots Excellerator
    Liquid Karma

I think that's it. I don't use all of them every time and even though it seems like a lot some are only 1-2 ml per liter. This time I am sticking to a feed-feed-water schedule instead of a feed-feed-feed-feed-feed-flush the shit out of them-feed method

Do you see a Ca deficiency?

Well the girls are doing awesome! I moved out the three plants I had from seed to make more room for the SnS girls. Now they all got some lst action going on. I would have done it sooner but there wasn't any room. So now I have at least 8 inches of vertical space but my veg chamber has no lateral space left at all. I was thinking since all of them are doing so well instead of keeping a mother to take new clones off, that i would just take 2-3 cloans off of each plant that way I can flower all 14 girls. It would work out to 2 sqft per plant in the flower room, 7x4-28sqft. I will probably veg them under a 1k watt mh w/light mover to to fill in most of the area, leaving enough room for vertical growth during the stretch phase. Then once in flower change to 1k hps w/ mover until 3rd or 4th week and add a 600watt hps and loose the mover. I have learned that with my 1st time using the mover the plant in the middle of the track has the biggest and most dense nugs. So next time having the constant light should produce a much more even canopy of big fat nugs Growing is too much Fun! I'll take some pics and post the later tonight. The inter-nodal growth has really started to take off. Each side branch has at least 2-3 nodes growing bigger everyday.

Here they are getting bigger everyday!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Is T5 too much light to Clone?-4.24-sns-clone-chamber.jpg   Is T5 too much light to Clone?-4.24-sns-clone.jpg   Is T5 too much light to Clone?-4.24-sns-clone-8.jpg  

Is T5 too much light to Clone?-4.24-sns-clone-10.jpg   Is T5 too much light to Clone?-4.24-sns-clone-12.jpg  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast