Cannabis.com

Thread: soft white or cool white for veg?

ReBeBse is offline Registered

soft white or cool white for veg?

I'm a first time grower, like many, and i'm wondering which clf is best for the veg stage, soft white or cool white. Could it be a combination? Home depot carries a soft white, a 'bright' white and a 'daylight' white. What's the difference?
    I realize that MH and HPS are ideal but I'm growing on a very small scale, just one or two plants.
    I've read that warm white can be used to flower.

Any input would be great. My first two seeds just cracked open today.. pretty exciting.

2. Cannabis Seeds | Cannabis Seeds

Cannabis Seeds Delivered World Wide, Top Free Seeds with ALL orders. 

Medical Marijuana Dispensary Finder

Medical Marijuana Directory

So, I gather that soft white is toward the middle of the spectrum where cool white is near the left/blue end. A combination probably wouldn't hurt, but I'm gonna return my soft whites and get some cool whites. I'll probably get a warm white to mix in for now and when I go to flowering I'll get some more warm.

I think I just answered my own question.

smoketellidie is offline Registered+
    im using both cool white and warm light 2 each and it dont matter in the flower u can u both thats what im using

I keep reading more and more and keep changing my mind. I guess 'daylight' is the bluest so I'll get a couple of those and a couple of cool whites.
    Does anybody suggest using a wider spectrum for veg, say mostly blue and a little bit red?