Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: New Induction Grow light

Gamblorman is offline Registered
    how many effective square feet does one unit cover? I'm looking to cover 9 to 16 square feet.

dextr0 is offline Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbleblower View Post
    Hey, I did the same thing you did and ordered these lamps.

Some companies have induction lights especially for flowering, that have for example been tested here (in Dutch, but the pictures are very clear).
    But any company can produce them if you order enough. They just play with phosphor-mixtures till they find the right one.

You should be able to get 300 watt complete for less than $ 150,= FOB Shanghai.
    how did this light turn out grow wise??

squarepush3r is offline Registered+
    really interested in this stuff, would like to hear more updates or grow reports.

bump, is 400W model available?

bubbas is offline Registered+
    Hi Guys,
    Finnally got some pics.
    As i expected the purple spectrum did not do as good as the 2700K. The purple vegged very nice and kept up with the 6400K, but when it went to bud it fell way short. The first pic is a side by side, the second is the purple Mland. bud and the ones in the yellow light is the 2700K. We vegged with 6400K and budded with 2700K VS. veg and bud with purple Mland.
    As you can see the yield is no where near the 2700K. Both set ups where 300 watt induction. We believe the 400 watter will keep up with a 1000HPS as the 300's are just shy compared to 1000hps. Stay tuned.
    Anyone interested in them contact me, i'll be placing an order soon as we are all sold out. these pics are only at about 7 weeks. I'll be posting more pics when complete with yield numbers
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Induction Grow light-comparison-grow.jpg   New Induction Grow light-mland-grow.jpg   New Induction Grow light-mland-grow-2.jpg  

New Induction Grow light-env-grow2.jpg   New Induction Grow light-env-grow.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by bubbas View Post
    Hi Guys,
    Finnally got some pics.
    As i expected the purple spectrum did not do as good as the 2700K. The purple vegged very nice and kept up with the 6400K, but when it went to bud it fell way short. The first pic is a side by side, the second is the purple Mland. bud and the ones in the yellow light is the 2700K. We vegged with 6400K and budded with 2700K VS. veg and bud with purple Mland.
    As you can see the yield is no where near the 2700K. Both set ups where 300 watt induction. We believe the 400 watter will keep up with a 1000HPS as the 300's are just shy compared to 1000hps. Stay tuned.
    Anyone interested in them contact me, i'll be placing an order soon as we are all sold out. these pics are only at about 7 weeks. I'll be posting more pics when complete with yield numbers
    hey Bubbas

I tried contacting your website a few times, but never heard anything back from the email linked I sent.

Can i buy 400w / 500w lights? Would be interested in testing a few, respond here if you can, or to my email sent last week to your website, thanks!

Hey Squarpush,
    Sorry i didn't get your message. I been responding to so many inquiries lately. We are out of stock right now with the exception of a few 6400 and purple spec lights. We will be ordering a shipment soon. We were very reluctant to sell something we wern't sure how well they work and was waiting for some definite positive results, Please email me again and sorry for the wait.

Hey Squarpush,
    Sorry i didn't get your message. I been responding to so many inquiries lately. We are out of stock right now with the exception of a few 6400 and purple spec lights. We will be ordering a shipment soon. We were very reluctant to sell something we wern't sure how well they work and was waiting for some definite positive results, Please email me again and sorry for the wait.
    thank, i just sent an email. probably interested in the more effective model (2800?) and high wattage, so 300 400 500 (more the better).

You can get back when you have stock or whenever available.

xtcsdp is offline Registered
    Curious if anything has come of this lighting? Did you get a chance to test it? Any additional info would be appreciated.

Thanks

xtcsdp is offline Registered
    Do your lights "really" work... please tell me more.

Thanks

from what i read, speaking with someone good on the industry, he said there is only 1 spectrum Induction light. So its strange that you say you have different spectrum models of this induction lighting, since I thought it all came from the same manufacturer?

Hi guys,
    XTXSDP please check photos on previous posts on how they are working.
    squarepush these are a type of fluorescent and of course there are as many color spectrums available as any other type of fluorescent. Your "someone good" in the industry is only trying to sell one type of light the purple one. Infact there are even two different purple spectrum available. The one we tested was suppose to be the better of the two. Induction lights have been around for over 15 years and we are now only exploring them for the horticultral industry. so to say that there is only one color of induction light is foolish.

To futher my previous post, the reason i'm posting is becuase we don't want to see induction lights get a bad name because someone markets the wrong product with "induction" name and having it not perform good. I just want to prove to you all that the purple spectrum is not the way to go and the 2700k and 6400K is much better. If you bought something and paid big money for it and find out it doesn't work, your going to spread the word that the product is bogus and this awesome technolgy will go by the wayside. to say 2700K and 6400K is not designed for "growing" is wrong. I'm sure the MH and HPS light was not originally desiged for the horticultral industry too.
    If the debate is wether the purple is superior to the 2700K or vise versa try a test grow with a 25,000K cfl vs. a 2700K (6400K for veg). The 25,000K cfl is the same color spectrum as the Mland induction. Induction lights are basically CFL's on steriods. The produce the same color spectrums but are much much more intense and last almost forever.
    Mland does not make the bulbs, they are a fixture manufacturer. There are only a few companies that actually build induction lights.
    The purple spectrum works great for growing but only if your growing basil or lettuce!
    Strizzle likes this.

To futher my previous post, the reason i'm posting is becuase we don't want to see induction lights get a bad name because someone markets the wrong product with "induction" name and having it not perform good. I just want to prove to you all that the purple spectrum is not the way to go and the 2700k and 6400K is much better. If you bought something and paid big money for it and find out it doesn't work, your going to spread the word that the product is bogus and this awesome technolgy will go by the wayside. to say 2700K and 6400K is not designed for "growing" is wrong. I'm sure the MH and HPS light was not originally desiged for the horticultral industry too.
    If the debate is wether the purple is superior to the 2700K or vise versa try a test grow with a 25,000K cfl vs. a 2700K (6400K for veg). The 25,000K cfl is the same color spectrum as the Mland induction. Induction lights are basically CFL's on steriods. The produce the same color spectrums but are much much more intense and last almost forever.
    Mland does not make the bulbs, they are a fixture manufacturer. There are only a few companies that actually build induction lights.
    The purple spectrum works great for growing but only if your growing basil or lettuce!
    ok, thanks for the clarification. Did you receive my email?

still looking for sources/pricing of some of these lights to trial

//

new pictures

Hi everyone,
    Here are some new pictues of how the induction lights are working. The purple spectrum seems to have stopped any progression. We have decided to end the purple light after today and save the crop by replacing it with a 2700K light. The 2700K is doing very good. You can see the difference in light pentration compared to the purple, the buds are growing all the way down the plant. These pictures were taken 3 weeks in bud.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Induction Grow light-2700k-bud2.jpg   New Induction Grow light-2700k-bud.jpg   New Induction Grow light-purple-bud.jpg  

New Induction Grow light-mland-bud.jpg  

Hi everyone,
    Here are some new pictues of how the induction lights are working. The purple spectrum seems to have stopped any progression. We have decided to end the purple light after today and save the crop by replacing it with a 2700K light. The 2700K is doing very good. You can see the difference in light pentration compared to the purple, the buds are growing all the way down the plant. These pictures were taken 3 weeks in bud.
    not bad. Love to see more updates as they come.
    Last edited by squarepush3r; Dec-11-2009 at 01:58.

mainegrown is offline Registered+
    subscribed
    Pray for Obama Psalm 109:8

----------------------------------------------------------

DIY Section: Links to DIY Threads

DIG Round III Big Mamma's House

PLANT PROBLEMS?? Read

all my posts are fake.. i lie.

jbrand is offline Registered+
    very interesting. subscribed

Vancefish is offline Registered+
    Hi everyone,
    I agree this is VERY interesting.

However it's been four weeks since we've seen any updates (which is the quote BTW). I'd like to see these plants at the current stage of flower.

7 weeks in?

Steveat1 is offline Registered

I found a manufacturer making a 400W, 2100K induction lamp $230 per.
    I was at my local grow shop, and they said their 2100K HPS was their best producer. it says lumen rate is 24000 and effective lumen is 45000-48000
    if what they say is true, wouldn't that light be far superior to a 2700K ?
    here are some other specs from them. i aint sellin nothin!
    copied from data sheet sent to me.
    1.long lifespan: For some item, such as self-ballast model and small wattages series, our lamps had 60000Hrs lifespan, for other models, our lamps had 100000hrs.
    2.High light efficiency: 65~90lm/w.Rate lumen is the principle date, human eyes can feel more effective lumen.
    3.High color rendering: 80.
    4. work frequency: 200~300KHz
    5. Low Light Decline: The light decline is less than 30% when it use 60000hrs.
    6.Color temperature: 2100K/2700K/3500K/4000K/5000K/6500K. 2700K,6500K ,we had larges for store so that we can delivery out as long as clients ordered.
    7.The power change area is less than 3% of rate power when the voltage changed in 10% or so.
    8. Environment temeprature: You can use the lamps in 0~50 centidegree if you do not use any fixtures, you can use the lamps in -20~ 50 centidegree if used in closed fixtures.
    9. THD< 10%,Power factor: 0.99
    10.CCC,UL,CE,ROHS,ISO9001 certification. http://boards.cannabis.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

violetsunset is offline Registered
    Has anyone done flowering with available induction lights and posted final pictures to show a result?

Quote Originally Posted by violetsunset View Post
    Has anyone done flowering with available induction lights and posted final pictures to show a result?
    not that I know of

violetsunset is offline Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by squarepush3r View Post
    not that I know of
    Well, so much for that tech hype....

ForgetClassC is offline Registered+
    I saw an induction light system at an aquarium store the other day, and I have to say, I wasn't impressed. The bulbs were paired with a 35w MH and the MH just drowned them out. It was 4-2 foot induction lights, and one MH, and still, I had to look up into the light fixture to tell there were other lights in there.

-C
    Any/All post made by the person(s) under this username are entirely fictional and are in purpose of online role play.
    Any/All images associated with this username are abundantly found on the Internet.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast