Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 234
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: New Induction Grow light

  1. #26
    Gamblorman is offline Registered
    Join Date
    Nov-04-2009
    Posts
    1
    how many effective square feet does one unit cover? I'm looking to cover 9 to 16 square feet.

  2. #27
    dextr0 is offline Registered
    Join Date
    Aug-10-2009
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbleblower View Post
    Hey, I did the same thing you did and ordered these lamps.

    Some companies have induction lights especially for flowering, that have for example been tested here (in Dutch, but the pictures are very clear).
    But any company can produce them if you order enough. They just play with phosphor-mixtures till they find the right one.

    You should be able to get 300 watt complete for less than $ 150,= FOB Shanghai.
    how did this light turn out grow wise??

  3. #28
    squarepush3r is offline Registered+
    Join Date
    Oct-08-2009
    Posts
    22
    really interested in this stuff, would like to hear more updates or grow reports.

  4. #29
    squarepush3r is offline Registered+
    Join Date
    Oct-08-2009
    Posts
    22
    bump, is 400W model available?

  5. #30
    bubbas is offline Registered+
    Join Date
    Oct-15-2009
    Posts
    32
    Hi Guys,
    Finnally got some pics.
    As i expected the purple spectrum did not do as good as the 2700K. The purple vegged very nice and kept up with the 6400K, but when it went to bud it fell way short. The first pic is a side by side, the second is the purple Mland. bud and the ones in the yellow light is the 2700K. We vegged with 6400K and budded with 2700K VS. veg and bud with purple Mland.
    As you can see the yield is no where near the 2700K. Both set ups where 300 watt induction. We believe the 400 watter will keep up with a 1000HPS as the 300's are just shy compared to 1000hps. Stay tuned.
    Anyone interested in them contact me, i'll be placing an order soon as we are all sold out. these pics are only at about 7 weeks. I'll be posting more pics when complete with yield numbers
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Induction Grow light-comparison-grow.jpg   New Induction Grow light-mland-grow.jpg   New Induction Grow light-mland-grow-2.jpg  

    New Induction Grow light-env-grow2.jpg   New Induction Grow light-env-grow.jpg  

  6. #31
    squarepush3r is offline Registered+
    Join Date
    Oct-08-2009
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbas View Post
    Hi Guys,
    Finnally got some pics.
    As i expected the purple spectrum did not do as good as the 2700K. The purple vegged very nice and kept up with the 6400K, but when it went to bud it fell way short. The first pic is a side by side, the second is the purple Mland. bud and the ones in the yellow light is the 2700K. We vegged with 6400K and budded with 2700K VS. veg and bud with purple Mland.
    As you can see the yield is no where near the 2700K. Both set ups where 300 watt induction. We believe the 400 watter will keep up with a 1000HPS as the 300's are just shy compared to 1000hps. Stay tuned.
    Anyone interested in them contact me, i'll be placing an order soon as we are all sold out. these pics are only at about 7 weeks. I'll be posting more pics when complete with yield numbers
    hey Bubbas

    I tried contacting your website a few times, but never heard anything back from the email linked I sent.

    Can i buy 400w / 500w lights? Would be interested in testing a few, respond here if you can, or to my email sent last week to your website, thanks!

  7. #32
    bubbas is offline Registered+
    Join Date
    Oct-15-2009
    Posts
    32
    Hey Squarpush,
    Sorry i didn't get your message. I been responding to so many inquiries lately. We are out of stock right now with the exception of a few 6400 and purple spec lights. We will be ordering a shipment soon. We were very reluctant to sell something we wern't sure how well they work and was waiting for some definite positive results, Please email me again and sorry for the wait.

  8. #33
    squarepush3r is offline Registered+
    Join Date
    Oct-08-2009
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbas View Post
    Hey Squarpush,
    Sorry i didn't get your message. I been responding to so many inquiries lately. We are out of stock right now with the exception of a few 6400 and purple spec lights. We will be ordering a shipment soon. We were very reluctant to sell something we wern't sure how well they work and was waiting for some definite positive results, Please email me again and sorry for the wait.
    thank, i just sent an email. probably interested in the more effective model (2800?) and high wattage, so 300 400 500 (more the better).

    You can get back when you have stock or whenever available.

  9. #34
    xtcsdp is offline Registered
    Join Date
    Nov-22-2009
    Posts
    3
    Curious if anything has come of this lighting? Did you get a chance to test it? Any additional info would be appreciated.

    Thanks

  10. #35
    xtcsdp is offline Registered
    Join Date
    Nov-22-2009
    Posts
    3
    Do your lights "really" work... please tell me more.

    Thanks

  11. #36
    squarepush3r is offline Registered+
    Join Date
    Oct-08-2009
    Posts
    22
    from what i read, speaking with someone good on the industry, he said there is only 1 spectrum Induction light. So its strange that you say you have different spectrum models of this induction lighting, since I thought it all came from the same manufacturer?

  12. #37
    bubbas is offline Registered+
    Join Date
    Oct-15-2009
    Posts
    32
    Hi guys,
    XTXSDP please check photos on previous posts on how they are working.
    squarepush these are a type of fluorescent and of course there are as many color spectrums available as any other type of fluorescent. Your "someone good" in the industry is only trying to sell one type of light the purple one. Infact there are even two different purple spectrum available. The one we tested was suppose to be the better of the two. Induction lights have been around for over 15 years and we are now only exploring them for the horticultral industry. so to say that there is only one color of induction light is foolish.

  13. #38
    bubbas is offline Registered+
    Join Date
    Oct-15-2009
    Posts
    32
    To futher my previous post, the reason i'm posting is becuase we don't want to see induction lights get a bad name because someone markets the wrong product with "induction" name and having it not perform good. I just want to prove to you all that the purple spectrum is not the way to go and the 2700k and 6400K is much better. If you bought something and paid big money for it and find out it doesn't work, your going to spread the word that the product is bogus and this awesome technolgy will go by the wayside. to say 2700K and 6400K is not designed for "growing" is wrong. I'm sure the MH and HPS light was not originally desiged for the horticultral industry too.
    If the debate is wether the purple is superior to the 2700K or vise versa try a test grow with a 25,000K cfl vs. a 2700K (6400K for veg). The 25,000K cfl is the same color spectrum as the Mland induction. Induction lights are basically CFL's on steriods. The produce the same color spectrums but are much much more intense and last almost forever.
    Mland does not make the bulbs, they are a fixture manufacturer. There are only a few companies that actually build induction lights.
    The purple spectrum works great for growing but only if your growing basil or lettuce!
    Strizzle likes this.

  14. #39
    squarepush3r is offline Registered+
    Join Date
    Oct-08-2009
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbas View Post
    To futher my previous post, the reason i'm posting is becuase we don't want to see induction lights get a bad name because someone markets the wrong product with "induction" name and having it not perform good. I just want to prove to you all that the purple spectrum is not the way to go and the 2700k and 6400K is much better. If you bought something and paid big money for it and find out it doesn't work, your going to spread the word that the product is bogus and this awesome technolgy will go by the wayside. to say 2700K and 6400K is not designed for "growing" is wrong. I'm sure the MH and HPS light was not originally desiged for the horticultral industry too.
    If the debate is wether the purple is superior to the 2700K or vise versa try a test grow with a 25,000K cfl vs. a 2700K (6400K for veg). The 25,000K cfl is the same color spectrum as the Mland induction. Induction lights are basically CFL's on steriods. The produce the same color spectrums but are much much more intense and last almost forever.
    Mland does not make the bulbs, they are a fixture manufacturer. There are only a few companies that actually build induction lights.
    The purple spectrum works great for growing but only if your growing basil or lettuce!
    ok, thanks for the clarification. Did you receive my email?

  15. #40
    squarepush3r is offline Registered+
    Join Date
    Oct-08-2009
    Posts
    22
    still looking for sources/pricing of some of these lights to trial

    //

  16. #41
    bubbas is offline Registered+
    Join Date
    Oct-15-2009
    Posts
    32

    new pictures

    Hi everyone,
    Here are some new pictues of how the induction lights are working. The purple spectrum seems to have stopped any progression. We have decided to end the purple light after today and save the crop by replacing it with a 2700K light. The 2700K is doing very good. You can see the difference in light pentration compared to the purple, the buds are growing all the way down the plant. These pictures were taken 3 weeks in bud.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Induction Grow light-2700k-bud2.jpg   New Induction Grow light-2700k-bud.jpg   New Induction Grow light-purple-bud.jpg  

    New Induction Grow light-mland-bud.jpg  

  17. #42
    squarepush3r is offline Registered+
    Join Date
    Oct-08-2009
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbas View Post
    Hi everyone,
    Here are some new pictues of how the induction lights are working. The purple spectrum seems to have stopped any progression. We have decided to end the purple light after today and save the crop by replacing it with a 2700K light. The 2700K is doing very good. You can see the difference in light pentration compared to the purple, the buds are growing all the way down the plant. These pictures were taken 3 weeks in bud.
    not bad. Love to see more updates as they come.
    Last edited by squarepush3r; Dec-11-2009 at 01:58.

  18. #43
    mainegrown's Avatar
    mainegrown is offline Registered+
    Join Date
    Nov-19-2009
    Posts
    744
    subscribed
    Pray for Obama Psalm 109:8

    ----------------------------------------------------------

    DIY Section: Links to DIY Threads

    DIG Round III Big Mamma's House

    PLANT PROBLEMS?? Read


    all my posts are fake.. i lie.

  19. #44
    jbrand is offline Registered+
    Join Date
    Dec-10-2009
    Posts
    34
    very interesting. subscribed

  20. #45
    Vancefish's Avatar
    Vancefish is offline Registered+
    Join Date
    Nov-21-2009
    Posts
    573
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbas View Post
    Hi everyone,
    Here are some new pictues of how the induction lights are working. The purple spectrum seems to have stopped any progression. We have decided to end the purple light after today and save the crop by replacing it with a 2700K light. The 2700K is doing very good. You can see the difference in light pentration compared to the purple, the buds are growing all the way down the plant. These pictures were taken 3 weeks in bud.
    I agree this is VERY interesting.

    However it's been four weeks since we've seen any updates (which is the quote BTW). I'd like to see these plants at the current stage of flower.

    7 weeks in?

  21. #46
    Steveat1 is offline Registered
    Join Date
    May-21-2009
    Posts
    3

    2100K

    I found a manufacturer making a 400W, 2100K induction lamp $230 per.
    I was at my local grow shop, and they said their 2100K HPS was their best producer. it says lumen rate is 24000 and effective lumen is 45000-48000
    if what they say is true, wouldn't that light be far superior to a 2700K ?
    here are some other specs from them. i aint sellin nothin!
    copied from data sheet sent to me.
    1.long lifespan: For some item, such as self-ballast model and small wattages series, our lamps had 60000Hrs lifespan, for other models, our lamps had 100000hrs.
    2.High light efficiency: 65~90lm/w.Rate lumen is the principle date, human eyes can feel more effective lumen.
    3.High color rendering: 80.
    4. work frequency: 200~300KHz
    5. Low Light Decline: The light decline is less than 30% when it use 60000hrs.
    6.Color temperature: 2100K/2700K/3500K/4000K/5000K/6500K. 2700K,6500K ,we had larges for store so that we can delivery out as long as clients ordered.
    7.The power change area is less than 3% of rate power when the voltage changed in 10% or so.
    8. Environment temeprature: You can use the lamps in 0~50 centidegree if you do not use any fixtures, you can use the lamps in -20~ 50 centidegree if used in closed fixtures.
    9. THD< 10%,Power factor: 0.99
    10.CCC,UL,CE,ROHS,ISO9001 certification. http://boards.cannabis.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

  22. #47
    violetsunset's Avatar
    violetsunset is offline Registered
    Join Date
    Oct-28-2008
    Posts
    3
    Has anyone done flowering with available induction lights and posted final pictures to show a result?

  23. #48
    squarepush3r is offline Registered+
    Join Date
    Oct-08-2009
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by violetsunset View Post
    Has anyone done flowering with available induction lights and posted final pictures to show a result?
    not that I know of

  24. #49
    violetsunset's Avatar
    violetsunset is offline Registered
    Join Date
    Oct-28-2008
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by squarepush3r View Post
    not that I know of
    Well, so much for that tech hype....

  25. #50
    ForgetClassC's Avatar
    ForgetClassC is offline Registered+
    Join Date
    Apr-24-2009
    Posts
    943
    I saw an induction light system at an aquarium store the other day, and I have to say, I wasn't impressed. The bulbs were paired with a 35w MH and the MH just drowned them out. It was 4-2 foot induction lights, and one MH, and still, I had to look up into the light fixture to tell there were other lights in there.

    -C
    Any/All post made by the person(s) under this username are entirely fictional and are in purpose of online role play.
    Any/All images associated with this username are abundantly found on the Internet.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •