Cannabis.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CAUGHT GROWING IN TEXAS! HELP!!!!

jkalb42 is offline Registered+

Exclamation CAUGHT GROWING IN TEXAS! HELP!!!!

So my apartment was accessed by maintenance, and my grow was found. I've been evicted and turned over to the police, but I'm out of state right now. I'm trying to get a hold of the police there, some guy is calling me back soon. Am I f*cked? I had 2 foot tall plants, and maybe 10ish clones, all in veg. I myself am contacting the police, since they haven't tried to contact me yet. Does that help my situation at all? Any thoughts on what will happen to my dumb *ss? Please respond asap.

I just want to say thanks for everyone's info that helped me through the process. Also, I know I'm stupid, please do not restate the fact. Thanks.
    Last edited by jkalb42; Mar-19-2009 at 09:33.

2. Cannabis Seeds | Cannabis Seeds

Buy Feminised Cannabis Seeds

Cannabis Seeds Delivered World Wide, Top Free Seeds with ALL orders. 

Medical Marijuana Dispensary Finder

Medical Marijuana Directory

Dutch Pimp is offline Registered+
    lawyer up and shut up

So what should i say to the cop when they call back? i just dont want to have a death warrant out when i get there.

cygnustaxt is offline Registered+
    dude get an attorney and have him contact the police. A good criminal defense attorney will know what to do. Check this website for good lawyers in your state: http://www.nacdl.org/

basically, unless you get a lawyer, you're fucked. That's my opinion anyway, but im sure a lot of people will agree.
    That was a good one bob

thanks for the input, thats what im working on right now.

Lit Up is offline Registered+
    Run away and never come back.
    "It shouldn't be legal to be as high as I am!!" Petey Blake
    "We bless it, we roll it, we toke it, we pass it." - Kottonmouth Kings
    I am the 1,746th member out of 178,000. And counting, Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by yesoer View Post
    Rhode Island became the 11th medical marijuana state. RHODE ISLAND, NEW YORK SAME SHIT SON

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Pimp View Post
    lawyer up and shut up
    Words of Wisdom ...

PlantHeadJ is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by Lit Up View Post
    Run away and never come back.
    I wouldn't really follow this advice.

Definitely have the lawyer make the call, and fast. You never stated how many 2 foot plants you had. That will make a difference. Good Luck to you and don't panic, you didn't kill anyone.

Peace
    Peace

sorry, i meant i had two 1 foot tall plants. well, maybe even like 8 or 9 inches. got a lawyer and he's makin the calls, i'm all the way in montana right now till the 22nd...

geoluv is offline Registered+
    why did maintenance go into your apartment?

Lit Up is offline Registered+
    I wasn't serious about that ya know.
    "It shouldn't be legal to be as high as I am!!" Petey Blake
    "We bless it, we roll it, we toke it, we pass it." - Kottonmouth Kings
    I am the 1,746th member out of 178,000. And counting, Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by yesoer View Post
    Rhode Island became the 11th medical marijuana state. RHODE ISLAND, NEW YORK SAME SHIT SON

alright well your past the first step. The lawyer, if he's good, will definitely be able to help you. You'll probably have to pay a fine and probation. It's probably gonna be expensive too. good luck man.
    That was a good one bob

marijuanaisgr8 is offline Registered+
    this is why if I get an apartment I'm putting locks on the doors where the grows are at. If you dont own your house they can still find some reason to come in where you live.. fucking asses

avon211 is offline Registered+
    I cannot imagine it will be a big deal. Its not like you had a warehouse operation. It was grown for yourself only. It is only pot not coke ,herion or meth. Relax it will work itself out.

the lease agreement says they have to warn me 24 hours in advance. they said they put notes on the door that they were gonna come in and check the pipes the day before they did. so...i say violation, since they warned my DOOR, not me. ive been in montana for a week, they have my cell number to call me.

LOC NAR on probation is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by jkalb42 View Post
    the lease agreement says they have to warn me 24 hours in advance. they said they put notes on the door that they were gonna come in and check the pipes the day before they did. so...i say violation, since they warned my DOOR, not me. ive been in montana for a week, they have my cell number to call me.
    That was just an excuse. Some one wanted what you had, most maitaince would of just taken what you had and then what would you do ? If you can pay a lawyer he might be able to get you off. Do not admit to anything. Tell your lawyer you had a guy come by to keep an eye on things. It must be his but you don't know his name. Sounds like illeagle entry even in an apartment you are supposed to be there when they enter. For all we know the landlord didn't like you and planted the stuff to get rid of you. Any kind of warrant was not done leagle and no probably cause like ( I smell some MJ from a cop ). Remember only talk to your lawyer and DO NOT talk to cops. If a cop lies to you it is OK under the law but if you lies to a cop in most states that's another felony.

Good luck and let us know, others maybe helped with the knowledge.

Thinking about it they would of waited untill you came back and did what they call. ( A knock and talk and said they smelled something for probable cause ) Then busted you the right way. That's what they did to me with a warrant in their back pocket just in case. Something smells real fishy about this.

Everytime I have an encounter with the law I learn so much more about how things must work and how little rights our freedom affords us.

Weedhound is offline Registered+
    lawyer, lawyer, lawyer....best of luck to you.
    Haze(y) Grow Log:
    http://boards.cannabis.com/grow-log/...-grow-log.html

"Your deeds show your character."-StinkyAttic

denialisback is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by jkalb42 View Post
    definately a violation of your privacy if the contract says that then they entered illegally, if you can push that they entered illegally then the evidence can be overturned since there was no legal precident to go in.. :P

damn man if i was the maintenance guy I'd have snapped off a nug and pretended i never saw shit lol. I guess maintenance guys aren't like me.. sorry dude.

my thoughts are with you,

Peace,
    denial
    why not checkout my redhair skunk, WhiteWidow, K2 grow : http://boards.cannabis.com/grow-log/...-grow-log.html

Quote Originally Posted by denialisback View Post
    definately a violation of your privacy if the contract says that then they entered illegally, if you can push that they entered illegally then the evidence can be overturned since there was no legal precident to go in.. :P

damn man if i was the maintenance guy I'd have snapped off a nug and pretended i never saw shit lol. I guess maintenance guys aren't like me.. sorry dude.

my thoughts are with you,

Peace,
    denial
    haha this guy knows whats up, if i were you i would definitely try to prove that they entered illegally and i would also just snap off a bud and peace out if i saw that lol. maybe come by a few days later and see if he wants to smoke up or something.
    That was a good one bob

Quote Originally Posted by cygnustaxt View Post
    haha this guy knows whats up, if i were you i would definitely try to prove that they entered illegally and i would also just snap off a bud and peace out if i saw that lol. maybe come by a few days later and see if he wants to smoke up or something.
    haha, shit, yeah i missed that bit.. absolutely, i'd be a little bit scared of freaking the guy out thinkin i was gonna blackmail him hahaha...

heads up J things'll sort themselves out, but you have to BELIEVE it!!

Peace,
    Denial
    Last edited by denialisback; Mar-20-2009 at 17:07.
    why not checkout my redhair skunk, WhiteWidow, K2 grow : http://boards.cannabis.com/grow-log/...-grow-log.html

MPLSweedman is offline Registered+
    you dont stand a chance

a good lawyer will run you atleast 5 grand but they arent going to let you go with a warning

Quote Originally Posted by MPLSweedman View Post
    you dont stand a chance

a good lawyer will run you atleast 5 grand but they arent going to let you go with a warning
    wow what a nice thing to say.. you suck. He has every chance, he's not a terrorist and the constitution applies so shush ;p

peace, mostly
    Denial

MPLSweedman is offline Registered+
    just speaking the truth

judges dont go easy on growers no matter the size of the operation

easy targets

your lucky it was an apartment and not a house, they wouldve taken your house and the cars

slavetopot is offline Registered+
    I have to jump in on this, dude the first thing going your way, you were not present at the time of the discovery. That right there is your way out, you have no idea how that got there, but this maintenance man was alone in your apartment, he seems a little unstable. He is going to have to prove it was not his, you were not present, so I don't think they can charge you with anything. What I am trying to say here, there is no clear evidence the weed is yours. Good luck man, and don't let them give you shit, get a nasty mean lawyer and fight them, they are in the wrong, hell you might even sue them for destroying your character.
    A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Insanity in individuals is something rare - but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

sandybarr is offline Registered+
    BARRY COOPER RIGHT THERE IN TEXAS!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast