Thread: Is it safe to bring marijuana foodstuffs on an airplane?

californianmatt is offline Registered

Is it safe to bring marijuana foodstuffs on an airplane?

Ok, my question is basically this:
    I know its probably not advisable to ever bring anything with marijuana on board an airplane because of the drug-sniffing dogs and xrays and stuff.
    But I was wondering, are baked goods that made with marijuana butter (cookies, brownies, etc) any less detectable than just plain weed?
    Do they still smell like weed?
    Can drug-sniffing dogs detect them?
    Thanks

Tholiak is offline Registered+
    why even chance taking that stuff on a plane, Once you step foot on a airplane with Weed Its called Trafficking

californianmatt is offline Registered

clarification of the foodstuff question

okay,

so i understand it's never wise to take it on an airplane.

that aside, you didn't really answer the main jist of my question, which is:

can drug-sniffing dogs and other marijuana detection methods still detect it when its baked into cookies or brownies or what have you?

Lulu is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by californianmatt
    okay,

so i understand it's never wise to take it on an airplane.

that aside, you didn't really answer the main jist of my question, which is:

can drug-sniffing dogs and other marijuana detection methods still detect it when its baked into cookies or brownies or what have you?
    in a word - YES

lemonboy is offline Registered+
    They can? I would like to see more info on that.

I understand that baked goods currently exist in a gray area because most law enforcement offices don't have the technology to measure the THC contained within.

"Those dogs... they can smell anything. That's why you've gotta kick them in the throat!" --Err of The Mooninites
    "And though we'd eliminated the threat of the enemy flying planes into buildings, no-one was prepared for terrorists flying two buildings into the sides of planes. No-one was killed but a lot of people were surprised." -Time Trumpet, Episode 3

scooterjay is offline Registered+
    have not flown post 9/11 but the days before i flew quite a bit while "packing". easiest thing to do is roll joints and put into cigarette pack. if anything looks bogus....sniffing dogs, etc. you can easily ditch the pack, or eat the doobies. i flew to nashville, tn in april 2002 with a 1/4 oz. in the breastpocket of my jacket. flew out of a small airport (florence, sc) to atlanta (of course) then on to nashville. made a boring week at a pulp and paper safety conference more tolerable. "hey, we are going out to eat and have a few drinks, wanna come?"......"nah, i'm kinda tired. i believe i'll sit here and write in my journal". heh heh.

hipEstoner is offline Registered+
    lol
    AIM- iStaaHi

u know like when u think someone likes u and u keep trying to find out?, u know like when ur going somewhere and u think ur different,, the answer to both of those is yes,, its strane,, humans are no different from ne other life form,, we,, ,, people will have other things to think about,, isnt it weird,?,the hotdogs of life get etaen ?, its not like ill be around to say, hey, that was me,, its just weird,love love is a word used to describe human mothions,, its all we

hipEstoner is offline Registered+
    they can really smell it?hwat if you used peper to distract their sense of smell
    AIM- iStaaHi

u know like when u think someone likes u and u keep trying to find out?, u know like when ur going somewhere and u think ur different,, the answer to both of those is yes,, its strane,, humans are no different from ne other life form,, we,, ,, people will have other things to think about,, isnt it weird,?,the hotdogs of life get etaen ?, its not like ill be around to say, hey, that was me,, its just weird,love love is a word used to describe human mothions,, its all we

Aristotle is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by scooterjay
    have not flown post 9/11 but the days before i flew quite a bit while "packing". easiest thing to do is roll joints and put into cigarette pack. if anything looks bogus....sniffing dogs, etc. you can easily ditch the pack, or eat the doobies. i flew to nashville, tn in april 2002 with a 1/4 oz. in the breastpocket of my jacket. flew out of a small airport (florence, sc) to atlanta (of course) then on to nashville. made a boring week at a pulp and paper safety conference more tolerable. "hey, we are going out to eat and have a few drinks, wanna come?"......"nah, i'm kinda tired. i believe i'll sit here and write in my journal". heh heh.
    Just had to point that out. But this guy's technique seems pretty safe. Just don't be stupid about it.

Stoner Shadow Wolf is offline Registered+
    even if they do smell it, they are going after baked goods, they must be hungry dogs? i mean, are they trained specifically not to care about food scents?

how on earth can you do that to a dog? that's cruel!
    Quote Originally Posted by veggii View Post
    as there are no pms on this website
    The earth is my bible, the harvest, my Christ. God is the life within me and all things outside me.