Thread: whats are the uk laws on growing cannabis

alifreddy is offline Registered

whats are the uk laws on growing cannabis

was wonderin what the laws were cultivating cannabis. There was something about some mp going to jail for having 16 plants.
    Is it a jailable offence??

smellybottom is offline Registered
    Depends matey, on how much your growing.
    But yes it is definately a jailable offence. Since blunket decriminalized it to class c, the time you can spend in prison from growing cannabis has risen from a maximum of 5 years to 15 yrs. Taking it into consideration that you only do half your time, (if you plead guilty that is). So you'd be looking at a max of 7 1/2.
    I don't fancy that somehow.

But I'm guessing that if your only growing a couple of plants then you'd get off with personal use, and Maybe just get a fine or summat.

Mole2k4 is offline Registered+
    he moved it down to class c
    and there's a higher sentance?
    Anyways, if you can prove it for your own use, and it's first time, more than likely you'll get a slap on the wrist.
    Although it's better all over if you don't get caught.

smellybottom is offline Registered
    yeah,
    he moved it to class c so that smokers can enjoy it in the privelage of their own home and all that shit. But however still wanted to crack down on the growers. I know it does'nt make sense. eg. forcing many smokers to buy their weed from hardened criminals who don't give a fuck about doing a bit of time.

dylan is offline Registered+

jenbojo is offline Registered

Smile Any books on UK law on marijuana growing

Does anyone know of any book that has been written on the uk law regarding marijuana growing - how many plants means a jailable offence? How many plants can you grow for medicinal use and not go to jail? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

jenbojo is offline Registered
    Thanks for the link dylan ... found it very useful

serpentjules is offline Registered

growing

Hey guys, im out 2 find out the smae answers aswell.

From my personal experience talking to friends/ who have friends of friends etc who have been caught growing cannabis I think it can very. I had one friend of a friend who was raided with 2 7 foot plants in his house. However, they found no evidence that he was growing with the intent to distribute and was only reprimanded for personal use and given a slap on the wrist. He did no prison time and wasn't given a criminal record. However I think at the end of the day it boils down to who the police officer is and what type of person they are.

If anyone else could give me any other info on story's similar to this that they've heard about (in the UK) i'd much appreciate it)

thanks

Jules

boaz is offline Registered+

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by smellybottom View Post
    yeah, he moved it to class c so that smokers can enjoy it in the privelage of their own home and all that shit. But however still wanted to crack down on the growers. I know it does'nt make sense. eg. forcing many smokers to buy their weed from hardened criminals who don't give a fuck about doing a bit of time.
    this seems to be the mission statement for the cannabis cultivation prohibs on both sides of the pond.