Thread: plastic containers absorb the THC?? is there any truth to this?

ballllin is offline Registered+

plastic containers absorb the THC?? is there any truth to this?

i hear ppl say that plastic containers absorb THC, so u should store in a glass jar...

i say fuuuuck that.
    i doubt there'd be enough thc absorbed to make a difference at all, even if it DID get absorbed

Lanietheberner is offline Registered+
    As long as you use a PolyPro (tuperware type) type of plastic your good! The only one I would not use is a Low Density PolyEtheleyne (LDPE) as there is some storage issues, especally locking in smells and allowing the THC to migrate thru the structure of the plastic.

Nochowderforyou is offline Registered+
    It doesn't absorb it, but there is a lot of static in plastic bags, and that causes the kif from the buds to build up and stick to the bags.

Personally, I don't use plastic bags anymore. I store my buds in glass jars that keeps them fresh and delicious for many weeks.

Verde Es Dios is offline Registered+
    I keep mine in a little plastic case, I wonder if thats bad..

BobBong is offline Registered+
    Plastic doesn't really breathe either.. so drying/curing a harvest in a big rubbermaid can be a bit touchy if you're unable to open the container daily.
    As we live...a life of ease. Everyone of us...has all we need. Sky of Blue...and Sea of Green. In our Yellow Submarine.
    Bob's CannabisButter Recipe!
    Everything in Moderation...

powerrobbie is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by Nochowderforyou View Post
    It doesn't absorb it, but there is a lot of static in plastic bags, and that causes the kif from the buds to build up and stick to the bags.

Personally, I don't use plastic bags anymore. I store my buds in glass jars that keeps them fresh and delicious for many weeks.
    yes exactly..plastic is usually staticy which causes kief and maybe even some bottom bag to stick to it

LIP
    LIP is offline Banned
    I buy in black sacks and then put it in glass jars. Keeps it perfectly fresh, and the kief on the buds doesnt stick to it.

TheGreenFog is offline Registered+
    Elaborate on "black sacs" please, LIP.

Cheers.

The Fog
    I do not grow. All pictures posted are most assuredly not mine & any discussions in which I am involved are purely hypothetical. For entertainment purposes only & should not be considered advice to assist in any illegal activites.

JOURNAL OF A MADMAN (Grow Logs) I II

JOAMM (C.O.L.) - CFL Grow ~ JOAMM - HASH/KIEF MAKING ~ 1st Harvest Pix ~ Videos

+ =

vileoxidation is offline Registered+
    I use a plastic container by BIOKIPS. Its basically just tupperware. It does catch some kief with static, but you can scrape it with a metal file and collect it back.

Should I get glass or is this good?

jahjahjahjah is offline Registered+
    I use plastic medicine containers, jus picked up sum PUFF

jahjahjahjah is offline Registered+

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by vileoxidation View Post
    I use a plastic container by BIOKIPS. Its basically just tupperware. It does catch some kief with static, but you can scrape it with a metal file and collect it back.

Should I get glass or is this good?
    Glass is excellent i have 1 of those to, you can go to any Colorado Shop and get em.

TheGreenFog is offline Registered+
    I use nothing...

But if I did use something...it would be glass jars...then transfer to a baggie a few days before I plan to smoke it (it removes a bit of the "jar" taste, I think).

The Fog
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails plastic containers absorb the THC?? is there any truth to this?-d161-12-22-11-.jpg  
    I do not grow. All pictures posted are most assuredly not mine & any discussions in which I am involved are purely hypothetical. For entertainment purposes only & should not be considered advice to assist in any illegal activites.

JOURNAL OF A MADMAN (Grow Logs) I II

JOAMM (C.O.L.) - CFL Grow ~ JOAMM - HASH/KIEF MAKING ~ 1st Harvest Pix ~ Videos

+ =

LIP
    LIP is offline Banned
    A big plastic bin bag.

orangeman is offline Banned
    All I know is when I stored by bud in plastic it seemed to get dryer and less potent by the week. When I switched to glass the bud maintained way better. I honestly don't know if plastic is a worse storage method or not if done right but I rather just go with the way that's been workin for me for a while now .