Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By EmoRebellion
  • 1 Post By mathematics1900

Thread: Keeping your buds moist

LazySmoking420 is offline Registered+

Keeping your buds moist

How do you keep your buds soft and moist. My buds dry out with a quickness, is it something you really cant protect against? Buds are stored in a small pastic tubawear containier with lid. Does temp matter? Cold dry them out quicker?
    Last edited by LazySmoking420; Feb-14-2007 at 08:32.
    "He who makes a beast of himself, Gets rid of the pain of being a MAN".
    -Samuel Johnson

nikweiser is offline Registered+
    keep them fresh by putting them in a jar with a good seal

. Swisher Sweets. .

Uproot the Propaganda, not the plant.

Protect your secrets with silence

geonagual is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LazySmoking420 View Post
    with a quickness
    I like that. That comes from a Bad Brain song.

TheGreenFog is offline Registered+
    Keep it in a jar (mason jar or the like), preferrably glass with a good seal, like nik said. If you want to add a little moisture, you can put a small piece of fruit or vegetable in the jar. Try not to let the food touch the bud, but it will give it some moisture...and possibly some flavor, so you may want to try it with a lemon peel or orange peel. You can do this before it dries out or after.

That's just what I would do.

The Fog
    I do not grow. All pictures posted are most assuredly not mine & any discussions in which I am involved are purely hypothetical. For entertainment purposes only & should not be considered advice to assist in any illegal activites.

JOURNAL OF A MADMAN (Grow Logs) I II

JOAMM (C.O.L.) - CFL Grow ~ JOAMM - HASH/KIEF MAKING ~ 1st Harvest Pix ~ Videos

+ =

Nation_1ne is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreenFog View Post
    you can put a small piece of fruit or vegetable in the jar. Try not to let the food touch the bud, but it will give it some moisture...and possibly some flavor, so you may want to try it with a lemon peel or orange peel. You can do this before it dries out or after.
    That's a nice idea actually, bit I'd be a lil' worried about the fruit absorbing anything from the bud. Is that anything worth worrying about?
    "I have to play the part of the advisor, because the bud is just the tasty tantalizer,
    the bud not the beer 'cause the bud makes me wiser."

Booya!

DRY BUDS ARE POROUS RIGHT?

sorry caps)

so wouldnt a list misting of say steam lightly moisten buds?

yeah stoned again...

Quote Originally Posted by Nation_1ne View Post
    That's a nice idea actually, bit I'd be a lil' worried about the fruit absorbing anything from the bud. Is that anything worth worrying about?
    No, you shouldn't worry about the fruit absorbing THC or anything from the bud. It won't absorb the moisture, because the moisture will travel from the area of more moisture (concentration) to the area of least moisture (concentration)...yay for Osmosis.

On the other hand, if you want to DRY your buds out using that method, you would put something in with them that has a lower moisture content than the buds (i.e. dry silica or something)

Quote Originally Posted by chisme View Post
    DRY BUDS ARE POROUS RIGHT?

sorry caps)

so wouldnt a list misting of say steam lightly moisten buds?

yeah stoned again...
    Sorry, chisme, that wouldn't really help. It is too much moisture applied externally. It would most likely just make them mushy and wet. You have to let the bud absorb the moisture slowly.

Also, when you add moisture to an enclosed area, always beware of MOLD!

Happy toking!

The Fog
    I do not grow. All pictures posted are most assuredly not mine & any discussions in which I am involved are purely hypothetical. For entertainment purposes only & should not be considered advice to assist in any illegal activites.

+ =

Nochowderforyou is offline Registered+
    To keep buds fresh and delicious, simply store them in an airtight container.

I use small jam jars that have the red seal along the top of it. I keep my buds in there for months and they still stay fresh. Just open the jar every few days to check if no mold is forming. If you store the buds when they're too moist, then you risk mold.

If you want to add mositure back itno your buds, I used to slice up a raw potato and place a few slices in a baggy with the buds. They dryest buds became moist after about 6-8 hours. Avoid letting the potato of whatever touch the buds though.

Take care.

Quote Originally Posted by Nochowderforyou View Post
    To keep buds fresh and delicious, simply store them in an airtight container.

I use small jam jars that have the red seal along the top of it. I keep my buds in there for months and they still stay fresh. Just open the jar every few days to check if no mold is forming. If you store the buds when they're too moist, then you risk mold.

If you want to add mositure back itno your buds, I used to slice up a raw potato and place a few slices in a baggy with the buds. They dryest buds became moist after about 6-8 hours. Avoid letting the potato of whatever touch the buds though.

Take care.

Errr...isn't that pretty much what I said?

Well, I guess I didn't mention the 6-8 hours part...or the red seals...?

Oh well. The more, the merrier. I think I read somewhere that you are supposed to hear/read/see something at least 3 times for it to register in your long-term memory.

Reiteration ftw.

The Fog

+ =

EmoRebellion is offline Registered+
    Hey, I think if you put sliced fruit in with your buds they should be moist again in 6-8 hours. I think I hear oranges or potatos should work.

Not sure where I heard that though.
    Gnatty likes this.
    28 days... 6 hours... 42 minutes... 12 seconds... that is when the world will end

Quote Originally Posted by stinkyattic View Post
    the amount of herb you go through isn't nearly so important as the overall richness of your existence.

^LMAO

...I thought you were serious there for a second until I saw the ...then I was like..."DOH, remember the whole 3 times thing you JUST posted, FOG? Duh!"

LOL

The Fog

+ =

orangeman is offline Banned
    How do you keep your buds soft and moist. My buds dry out with a quickness, is it something you really cant protect against? Buds are stored in a small pastic tubawear containier with lid. Does temp matter? Cold dry them out quicker?
    Air-tight glass jars.

wadejason is offline Registered+
    like the rest said its all about getting a nice glass jar or atleast something with an air tight seal. some options are picking up a mason jar (something like this), 420 jars (personally these are my favorites) or maybe a Tight Pac (cheap and easy but ive never used one cuz personally i like glass much more)

hope that helps a little

ballllin is offline Registered+
    when weed gets too dry, does it get less potent?? what's the big deal.

Agressor1 is offline Registered+
    Glass jars are too big in my case,
    my weed is stored in a bottle that it's a bottle.

they are pretty tight but my stuff is starting to dry out, if I put a drop of water in the bottle that doesn't have the weed, will that moisten it??

40oz is offline Registered+
    Just use a fruit peel. I personally use banana peels but orange or any other peel will work too. I have also heard of people using a little chunk of a carrot and celery. Just be creative.

"If you have only two alternatives, then choose the third."

Agressor1 is offline Registered+
    ok,
    i will,
    but does weed get less potent when it gets dry?

666300 is offline Registered+
    I heard that if you put some orange peel in a sealed container with your weed it helps to keep it moist.

40oz is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by Agressor1 View Post
    ok,
    i will,
    but does weed get less potent when it gets dry?
    no it just gets crumbly and it burns alot faster

"If you have only two alternatives, then choose the third."

mowie wowie is offline Registered+
    grapes? yes? no?

Maui7769 is offline Registered

Dry Nuggs

I agree with 40oz that it get crumbley and burns fast but IMO it's a bit more harsh as well. For some reason I feel like I get blasted fast as well when it's dry but it does go a bit faster.

OCStoner is offline Registered

Paper Works !

A simpler solution is to take a very small wadded up ball of Paper Towel/Napkin/Toilet Paper, wet it under the faucet, then squeeze out the excess water. Take this wet ball and add it to your stash bag or stick it on the lid of your stash container (the wet paper will help it to stick to the lid). When the small pea sized ball becomes dry again, repeat ...

apreminin is offline Registered
    I saw this on youtube... Take a leaf of lettuce and place on top of your buds. Seal them tightly inside the jar and you'll keep their moisture. Can even revive really dry buds.

mathematics1900 is offline Registered
    Invest in a humidor.
    Gnatty likes this.