Cannabis.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cleaning a (glass) pipe.

1chronic is offline Registered+

Cleaning a (glass) pipe.

I'm making this thread to say that using efferdent to clean your pipe, (one of the lady's on this site suggested it, I can't remember who.) works amazingly. My pipe "The Candy Cane" was dirty and needed a bath. I soaker her in some efferdent and after a little while shook the ziplock bag and then rinsed her off. I had to touch up the tough spots with a pipe cleaner but they came off easy. And I have to say, Damn. She looks like the day I bought her. I should have done before and after shots to show you.

I don't know how well this works on metal pipes because I never tried it, but I assume it would work well.. And no I wasn't saving the resin but it wouldn't have been hard. Just using a coffee filter.

Okay I'm done blabbing, just letting everyone know it works great.
    1 Joint, 2 Joints, 3 Joints, MORE!

Clean Your Piece!

2. Cannabis Seeds | Cannabis Seeds

Buy Feminised Cannabis Seeds

Cannabis Seeds Delivered World Wide, Top Free Seeds with ALL orders. 

Medical Marijuana Dispensary Finder

Medical Marijuana Directory

ITGfan17921 is offline Registered+
    so, what exactly do you do? just soak it in efferdent like you would dentures?
    like my signature?

Professor Dan K. is offline Registered+
    i believe it was samwhore, good idea haha

ill have to try that next time i have some efferent on hand.

-Big L Rest In Peace-

WELCOME TO JAMROCK

Live Your Life.

~I dAnCe wItH rOllEr scAtEs anD hAvE tHReeSoMEs wItH mOllY anD mArY~

Rodney Mullen

Quote Originally Posted by ITGfan17921 View Post
    so, what exactly do you do? just soak it in efferdent like you would dentures?
    Yep, then you shake the bag to loosen the shit up and get anything left over with a pipe cleaner.

Clean Your Piece!

Humboldt215 is offline Registered+
    that idea is tits!!!

I always soaked them in rubbing alcohol.. but this sounds alot faster!
    got a beer, got a joint?

I often engage in role playing games or activities in which certain scenarios are played out.
    Any discussion of activities which could be considered illegal by either Federal or State laws
    are purely fictional and should be regarded as such by all website participants and observers

one.stoned.wookie is offline Registered+
    if u wanna save the resin just blow into the glass bowl and it will soften it up(blow till foggy inside) then use a paper clip in a small L shape and use that works perfect then for perfect clean u can always soak in some rubbing alcohol and stick some qtips in it if u can or use some rock salt.....shake dont drop rinse really good with hot water and repeat if needed....rock salt andalcohol is great for bongs can even use the wintergreen kind for a nice first hit just rinse really well!

Stemis516 is offline Registered+
    resin is shit

formula 420 for the win

silverspring07 is offline Registered+
    thanks for sharing -i was just searching for an easy way to clean my glass pipe

Samwhore is offline Registered+
    You are all welcome, its way better than scraping, Im lazy so I just soak my things in efferdent, I was actually coming into this thread and going to post something about efferdent, but next time, try to let is soak in a bowl or sink,

uzybear is offline Registered+
    used to use efferdent to clean my retainer; seems like it would work; but then again, residue building up on my glass doesn't bother me. i like to think it's aging like a tobacco pipe of course it's not unfortunately

originalblu is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by Stemis516 View Post
    resin is shit

formula 420 for the win
    i clean my pipes every day with formula 420,, it makes them new in less then a min

Genesis 1:29 - Then God said, "Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is on the surface of all the earth, and every tree which has fruit yielding seed; it shall be food for you"

+ = + = + + =

rck2drums is offline Registered

everyday?

That is one expensive way to do it! But your smoke probably tastes much better than mine. From what I see 420 cleaner is extremely expensive.

You can always google it if you want to find out for your self. Efferdent is fairly cheep and you COULD do it every day if that floated your boat ^_^

Clean Your Piece!

blazed_babe is offline Registered+
    i use oxyclean to clean my glass pipes...you can't save the resin this way though. just get a big bowl and boil some water on the stove. go ahead and put a few tablespoons of oxyclean in the bowl. pour the hot water in, add some more oxyclean, gently places pipe(s) in the bowl. the amount of time they have to spend in the oxyclean water is dependent on how much resin is in the pipe. sometimes i have to clean my pipes several times as well. if there are still bits of resin in the pipe, make a water solution with oxyclean and pour it into the pipe and then rinse with hot water. this always gets my pipes crystal clean with no resin anywhere on the pipes!

beanso is offline Registered
    I used rubbing alcohol the other day for my metal slider.

I just let it soak for a bit and then shook it.
    I then put it in a glass cup and put it in some hot water on the stove.
    Gets all the resin out, and then you're able to retrieve it.

mugen is offline Banned
    I looked it up and regular 420 is $5 a bottle and $20 for glass...yep im bored

samuelaaron is offline Registered
    my headshop charges 9 bucks a bottle

Awill3449 is offline Registered+
    Good Method: (except you dont get to keep the resin, and it's best for smaller glass pipes)

- Heat water until near boiling, and then pour that water into a mug or bowl. Then, put your pipe into the hot water... do it slowly and don't burn yourself. Leave it there for 5-10 mins, and then change the water a few times. If there is still also of resin, just rinse it in the sink. Let it dry for an hour or so, and then it's all clean!
    "Wash uffize drive me to firenze."

That can be dangerous, you can crack your pipe and easily burn yourself, plus you get resin all over the container you put the pipe in, I only recommend this idea if your not trying to be stealth and have a container you don't mind dirtying.

Clean Your Piece!

hreskofreight4 is offline Registered+
    ill have to try efferedent next time thanks!!

t00fatt is offline Registered+
    I use acetone to clean my pieces. Yes, I know acetone is very flammable and bad for your lungs to inhale. The acetone cleans the glass on contact, and makes it clear again in five seconds. After that I let it run under water for a few minutes then let it dry overnight. You can't smell any acetone after you rinse, and I have been using acetone for years. I really recommend if you have acetone around the house, I do as I use it for many other things. I don't recommend using nail polish remover though. Although it has acetone in it, it may have other chemicals that leave a residue when it evaporates.

EDIT: BTW I only have a Bong and a Bubbler. I only clean the chambers with acetone when they get really bad. I clean the bowls under hot running water and a dental scraper tool weekly. I would use acetone to clean the bowls as I have before, I just don't b/c acetone is a bit expensive. Acetone evaporates very quickly and doesn't leave a residue so its fine to use for a bowl as well.
    Last edited by t00fatt; Nov-14-2007 at 12:41.

ldg420 is offline Registered+
    Simply fill a pot 1/4 of the way with water, bring to a boil, put a lid on it, open the steam release on the lid(may just be a hole in lid). Next hold the pipe so the steam can flow through it, then remove the pipe and use something to gently scrape the resin out. The steam makes the resin separate form the glass very easily. I have found that it is the best way to get all of the resin out(you may need to manipulate your scraping tool) without using chemicals.

roth89 is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by ldg420 View Post
    Simply fill a pot 1/4 of the way with water, bring to a boil, put a lid on it, open the steam release on the lid(may just be a hole in lid). Next hold the pipe so the steam can flow through it, then remove the pipe and use something to gently scrape the resin out. The steam makes the resin separate form the glass very easily. I have found that it is the best way to get all of the resin out(you may need to manipulate your scraping tool) without using chemicals.
    nice technique! never thought of that... a lot better than risking shattering the piece.
    "My only reaction is overreaction, which only sets off a chain reaction, and puts five more maniacs in action." Eminem

Shenanigans is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by ldg420 View Post
    I just used this technique and it worked great! I got almost everything out, and with the help of a pipecleaner, it looks great!

Kryptonite24 is offline Registered+
    rubbing alcohol and salt ftw. its the easiest and cheapest way IMO.
    everyone has rubbing alc and salt
    "I know you dont smoke weed i know this, but im getting you high today" -Smokey

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast