Stoned_Friend is offline Registered+

Testing THC Levels

Materials-
    Scale
    Bud buster with keif screen
    and weed
    Common sense

Gram test
    1. scale an amount of weed in(1 Gram is what Im testing in)
    2. Take Bud and put it in buster with keif screen and start busting up.
    3.when down take raw bud out and weight it in.
    4.mark down what its weights in too
    5.take keif(thc crystals) and weight it in on scale.

ex if your raw bud weights in too .8 and your keif weights in too .2 your thc levels in your bud are around 20% thc
    PLEASE STICKY THREAD

Brett1038 is offline Registered+
    ? are you sure about this chief?

one.stoned.wookie is offline Registered+
    uhm your just weighing the trichomes...inside the capitate stalks and bulbus heads of the trichome is where the thc,cbd,cbn is found so its not all thc just proves its about 20% trichome yeild..i have no clue on how they find thc% but i know the thc is inside of the bulbus heads of the trichomes

well i guess its a start to finding thc levels

Setzer12 is offline Registered+
    Yea I'm not so sure it sounds somewhat reasonable but I dunno if thats necessarily measure thc content.

there's no way you can measure thc levels with weight.. atleast not without some pretty scientific equipment (if you could even do it that way)

it is a way with out having to be a scientist and its it a resonible guestamit, u have to admit that

poiuyt is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoned_Friend View Post
    it is a way with out having to be a scientist and its it a resonible guestamit, u have to admit that
    No it's not. You're just weighing trichomes.

There's still some thc in the plant matter.

Matt the Funk is offline Registered+
    LMFAO AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA ROFL AHAHAHA.
    Everything in excess can be bad, except love and weed "Propostion 215 SB420 legal"

aziz93 is offline Registered+
    hate to say it but i think you was missing your last material on this test.

i would say that, that keif is only at max 90% thc anyways.< not sure. but yeah it is deffenitly not telling you the thc level. when you smoked the busted up bud i bet you got high. just my 2cents
    i like honda's

KL4D4 is offline Registered+
    Hopefully you aren't serious
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-WPhkkPkEM

The Pope says: after class you should follow her around mumbling like a crazy person and trying to touch her hair

Marijuana is a bad bad thing

jessem98 is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt the Funk View Post
    LMFAO AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA ROFL AHAHAHA.
    Dude, relax, he could be new to this. What would you think if someone laughed at you like that? Give him some credit for trying something new...

Anyways a lot of people are right (the ones who said it), the trichomes contain more then just thc. You see potency is not necessarily for the amount of trichomes, it's the individual trichome that needs to be tested to find out if the sample is potent or not.

This thread however has sparked up a hint of interest with me though, i never did read up on how you test potency of thc in a sample so i think i will do that now.

Leo_420 is offline Registered+
    I can't remeber where I saw it but there was a chemical potency test kit online some time ago. that would be the only true test of potency

conch420 is offline Registered+
    Erowid Cannabis Vault : Articles & Writings

some info on kif and pot thc content
    Expand Your Mind

EveryDay
    everything i post is a lie , i have no life and photohshop random pics to look like me.its all a joke.

jessem98 is offline Registered+
    I am reading this article Medical Cannabis Potency Testing Project - Autumn 1999

and it appears that THC percentage is determined by a "standard methanol extraction technique"

On another note, they detected 28 percent CBD in one sample, the runner up had 5 percent CBD. What's up with that?

420purplehaze420 is offline Registered+
    think shit through before you post stoner friend, little bits of plant matter still get through, plus you lose some on the surface of the grinder, and keif has barely any weight to it, not to mention that weight has nothing to do with potency, you would need a fully stocked lab and 8 years in university before you will come up with accurate results

but uh...nice try there skipper
    No stupid disclaimer here...Im proud I smoke cannabis

no need for hating

orangeman is offline Banned
    I don't think so. THC levels means the percentage of the potency is measured. Average THC levels last time I checked of buds was tested at 7-15% and that doesn't even include the other cannabinoids that are produced, so how could you possibly figure your bud has 20% of THC? That type of thing takes a lot of work and tools that you probably can't afford to run THC level tests..Bad mistake coming on here trying to start off being cool. We don't care rather you're cool or not but you honestly just made a fool of your self.

o sry i thought thc cystal meant pure and read on the top must need common sense something most of u dont seem to have.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by jessem98 View Post
    On another note, they detected 28 percent CBD in one sample, the runner up had 5 percent CBD. What's up with that?
    Different strains produce different potency. I think the higher the CBD the stronger indica plant it is.

ic most of u like to hate on people who try something new i dont hate on peoples stupid ideas i post ways that can make them better at least u could of done something like that, u cant say everything u said was correct and to reply to one orangemans posts i didnt think i was cool at all and to reply to aziz93 take atleast 80% percent of that then! i was just tryin to help but thanks for bringin me down

Quote Originally Posted by Stoned_Friend View Post
    ic most of u like to hate on people who try something new i dont hate on peoples stupid ideas i post ways that can make them better at least u could of done something like that, u cant say everything u said was correct and to reply to one orangemans posts i didnt think i was cool at all and to reply to aziz93 take atleast 80% percent of that then! i was just tryin to help but thanks for bringin me down
    What are you 12? Grow up kid. Don't be a little bitch so soon. You fucked up, let it go already. Posts like this only make us remember longer.

orange floyd is offline Registered+
    chill out, ur all being a complete dick to him. so he had an idea to test thc and it was bs, get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by orange floyd View Post
    chill out, ur all being a complete dick to him. so he had an idea to test thc and it was bs, get over it.
    i'm curious why you always 'run in' like 'captain save a hoe' all the time lmao..

i'm tempted to erase that top part for fear it's gonna be taken as an insult.. but i'll leave it cuz i'm drunk and it's funny...

anyways... i never saw anyone 'ganging up' on him.. so not everyoen agrees with him... that's not ganging up on him... ganging up on him would be calilng him stupid, idiot, retarded, ect ect.... no one's doing that...

everyone just told him he's not right....

Oil_Man is offline Banned
    well it would be somthing like testing for fat in a gummie bear(lol i did it in science class) Im sure u could mix the weed with somthing to get just thc or somthing like that but im pretty high, an there mite not be a way.... research that shit...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast