Cannabis.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: White v. Yellow smoke

Bob the Awesome is offline Registered+

Question White v. Yellow smoke

So, for 4/20 I purchased a small acrylic bong that hits very well, much better than my old one. It gives great hits, however I've noticed something.

If I fill it enough with smoke, it brings this cool, white smoke that hits well. However, if I really try to get a HUGE hit, the smoke turns a slightly creamy, yellow-tinted color and it makes me cough a lot worse.

My question here is, what causes the smoke to turn slightly yellow? Is it from just smoking mids and not anything better, accidentally smoking stems (I don't normally take out but the biggest stems), or is it from another factor? Thanks in advance for any help
    Quote Originally Posted by Left View Post
    please provide backing for your argument. Your are merely posting an empty statement, seemingly based on nothing. You are a FAG.
    Drugs and the Brain: How Drugs Work

WTF IS THIS!? Avatar from http://www.queenofwands.net

2. Cannabis Seeds | Cannabis Seeds

Cannabis Seeds Delivered World Wide, Top Free Seeds with ALL orders. 

Medical Marijuana Dispensary Finder

Medical Marijuana Directory

suhl is offline Registered+
    every weed i have ever smoked be it really bad or really good has had a white grey type smoke. if it was yellow i wouldnt smoke it i would be afraid it was mustard gas. nothing good gives off yellow smoke
    caught a beer in a brown paper sack two dollars away from the rent

LIP
    LIP is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by suhl View Post
    every weed i have ever smoked be it really bad or really good has had a white grey type smoke. if it was yellow i wouldnt smoke it i would be afraid it was mustard gas. nothing good gives off yellow smoke
    You took the words right out of my mouth! I was going to use the mustard gas joke lol.

Seirously - yellow smoke? White/grey/bluey smoke is the only smoke i breathe.
    Last edited by LIP; May-09-2007 at 13:25.

Bob the Awesome is offline Registered+
    It's not like extremely yellow here, I mean it's slightly tinted yellow (off-white) when I really try and take a huge hit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Left View Post
    please provide backing for your argument. Your are merely posting an empty statement, seemingly based on nothing. You are a FAG.
    Drugs and the Brain: How Drugs Work

WTF IS THIS!? Avatar from http://www.queenofwands.net

eetmiefuk is offline Registered+
    i've had waterfalls that the smoke was so dense in looked almost yellow but, never out of a bong.

funfubarman is offline Registered+
    The smoke is spoiled that is all

Tree_Burner is offline Registered+
    The thicker the smoke, the more yellow it's gonna be. I can't explain it, but it happens often to me, and I don't think you'll get mustard gas poisoning from smoking yellow herb smoke. If that was so, then people would actually start dying from smoking herb.

Peace
    Tree Burner

LIP
    LIP is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tree_Burner View Post
    The thicker the smoke, the more yellow it's gonna be. I can't explain it, but it happens often to me, and I don't think you'll get mustard gas poisoning from smoking yellow herb smoke. If that was so, then people would actually start dying from smoking herb.

Peace

Well it's obviously not going to be mustard gas is it - it was just a joke

Nissan_420sx is offline Registered+
    Same thing happens to me..I'm pretty sure it's either all the smoke tinting it or some of the smoke turning stale...

Matt the Funk is offline Registered+
    It actually looks KINDA yellowish out of gravity bongs....but normally my smoke is greyish/whiteish....
    Everything in excess can be bad, except love and weed "Propostion 215 SB420 legal"

rebgirl420 is offline Registered+
    hmmm that sounds shady to me
    Vote for me to be Miss High Times 2011!
    http://misshightimes.com/users/rebgirl420

"I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like, victory. Someday this war's gonna end.."

- Kilgore (Apocalypse Now)

Xavina is here! August 22nd, 2010!
    4 1/2 Years Here and Counting

orangeman is offline Banned
    Umm..I guess I'm fucked then lol, because unless I'm smoking a joint/blunt or glass pipe I always make sure the smoke gets thick and yellow. Every time I smoke the g-bong or my bong I made the smoke always gets thick and yellow. Not like solid yellow, but yellowish/whitish. We cough because all that smoke is inhaled at once.. It means you're gonna get fucked up, simple as that .

edit: I don't know if the smoke is yellow without there even being a build up. But if you have a lot of smoke and it's yellow I don't think it means it's stale because my bud does that and I never buy stale/shitty weed.

Lol just gave me an idea. I'm gonna take a pic of when the g-bong is filled with smoke .
    Last edited by orangeman; May-09-2007 at 15:12.

jaGerbom is offline Registered+
    could just be the lighting in your room? maybe?

i know i never get any yellow hits 0_o
    Let us burn one, from end to end.And pass is over to me my friend.Burn it long, but burn it slow,to light me up before I go.If you dont like my fire, then dont come around.Cause I'm gonna burn one down.Yes I'm gonna burn one down.

KL4D4 is offline Registered+
    I've gotten many many yellow hits in my life. The first time I saw one was from a GB. I've gotten it soo many times and the hits takes like ass, I figure this was because there was too much stem inside the bowl that I'd packed. There isn't much worse than taking the yellow hits which make me wanna puke, and they are so harsh on your throat a terrible burnt taste linger in your mouth ;(
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-WPhkkPkEM

The Pope says: after class you should follow her around mumbling like a crazy person and trying to touch her hair

Marijuana is a bad bad thing

orangeman is offline Banned
    I followed some one's advice to cool the smoke. Although you still feel some heat from yellow hits, it's more like warmth rather than burn lol. Still makes me cough bad though. And I just hit the g-bong and made the vid but you won't believe what happened. It didn't get the part when I actually took the hit. I mean the video file is there but it has 0 bytes and it was an error when it tried to open it...wtf! I'll just make another vid when I take a hit from the g-bong and put it in with this one lol. Don't worry, my next hit will be just as good as the one I just had if not better.
    Last edited by orangeman; May-09-2007 at 15:23.

Matt the Funk is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by orangeman View Post
    I followed some one's advice to cool the smoke. Although you still feel some heat from yellow hits, it's more like warmth rather than burn lol. Still makes me cough bad though. And I just hit the g-bong and made the vid but you won't believe what happened. It didn't get the part when I actually took the hit. I mean the video file is there but it has 0 bytes and it was an error when it tried to open it...wtf! I'll just make another vid when I take a hit from the g-bong and put it in with this one lol. Don't worry, my next hit will be just as good as the one I just had if not better.
    I had the idea of taking a pic of my filled chamber after taking a few gbong hits...but I was too incapacited to do it lol...
    Everything in excess can be bad, except love and weed "Propostion 215 SB420 legal"

miraz is offline Registered+
    Im almost 100% sure that any "big" hit, and I mean a BIG hit, turns yellow. Bongs or G-bongs are the best place to see it. My reasoning is that I havew a buddy who always used to make me take fat rips. it was when iw as younger. Anyway we would have some real good weed. And if still took a big hit it just turned cream yellow

So I'm pretty sure a yell smoke cloud ( at least while still in the bong, not while exhaling) If its yellow thats good.

Never leave a bowl behind!!!!

miraz is offline Registered+
    wow im high and i fucked that up

Never leave a bowl behind!!!!

twitch is offline Registered+
    its cuase its thicker smoke so the tar in the smoke is closer together thats why it is yellow its just a HUGE hit like you said

KL4D4 is offline Registered+
    So its just the tar which makes me hurt interesting, I sucked on a ricola cough drop to ease my throat!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-WPhkkPkEM

The Pope says: after class you should follow her around mumbling like a crazy person and trying to touch her hair

Marijuana is a bad bad thing

Setzer12 is offline Registered+
    I like the stale smoke theory, but i dunno ive seen it before usually in gravity bongs or waterfalls not really sure what it is but it seems to be in large amounts of smoke.

Fissle is offline Registered+
    I know what your talking about. that happens when I take massive rips. I have had a really SLIGHT tint of yellow before, nothing serious.

and if anyone is thinking of it being laced then your wrong. it just happens. dont worry about it bro. just dont try and take massive rips. they are sweet but you cough like hell

thNk.m0rbid is offline Registered+
    iv had yellow smoke pulling gravities with some kb.. had it with mids also though too.. sometimes with steamies.. it got you sooooo high like my one friend was running around my house chasing me and my friends.. it was crazy lol.. but i just think there's SOOOOO much smoke in there it just turns a yellowish color

J-dubb206 is offline Registered+
    Are you talking about when the chamber filles?

suhl is offline Registered+
    i have never seen yellow smoke and i have a pipe that is basically impossible to clean, and it holds a decent amount in it if you dont clear it, so it is easy to get stale. i can get it concentrated in there very easily by hitting it hard with the carb totally sealed. never once have i seen yellow smoke. im not calling any of you liars, im just saying it isnt something that happens any time you hit a dirty pipe, hit stale smoke, or take a big concentrated rip.
    caught a beer in a brown paper sack two dollars away from the rent

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast