Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Microwave

onequestion is offline Registered+

Microwave

Hey, i made an account jsut to to ask this. I looked at all of the stuff about microwaving your weed to make it stronger and i tried it. It turns out that it works incredibly well. It seemed kind of too good to be healthy. DOes anybody know about the health risks of doing this, such as radiation. Maybe all of the radiation from the microwave makes it stronger and its bad for you when you smoke it. I really want to continue doing this but i'm thinking that there prbably are some risks. Is there any research on this? Any info is appreciated.

hateyoul3itch is offline Banned
    Im pretty sure microwaves give off radiation, not put it into what your microwaving

But it's pretty suspiciouse how much more potent it made the weed. It can't just be that the heat did that.

Snorbel is offline Registered+
    There are some people who don't like to use a microwave at all, but if you feel comfortable using it for food, than it should be fine for bud.

It is just the heat, try it in the oven instead on something like 300 F for 10 minutes.

shh.3kingz is offline Registered+
    Well idunno really.... I mean, it makes sense cuz THC is heat-activated, but at the same time alot of thc-rich-fumes going to waste, so that might counter-balance it...
    Well to test your theory, but a cig in the micro, and if it gives you an effect (other than chill), then it's prolly the radiation. If not, then I'd say it's safe and continue
    A few of my titles:
    International Smoker.

Booze and Medical King of the 3 KingZ.

Crazy stoner of the SHH (Stoned Horny Hustlers).

Pioneer for the Game of Life.

"It's a great herb, but it's also just that. An herb." - My Yoda

savagepossum is offline Registered+
    well its not like radiation gets you high ffs if you were suffering from radiation poisening you'd know about it if you look at the original thread for this it explains why it makes your weed stronger. happy toking
    war pigs keep on marching

Radiatilon doesnt make you high but it can alter the plants structure somehow. I'm pretty sure that you would need a lot more radiation than from a microwave but i want to be 100% sure. Also, I cant find the explanation in the original thread, can someone give me a link to the explanation?

PS

I would try the cigarette thing but i dont smoke.
    Last edited by onequestion; Jun-10-2007 at 17:52.

deftdrummer is offline Registered+
    You guys are all talking crazy. The only reason to put weed in the microwave (and its a bad reason) is to dry it out faster after harvest. Microwaving weed will not get you higher it will actually ruin it. Here's why: Microwave ovens work by sending radio waves through the food being microwaved. As the waves pass through the food water molecules are excited and the positive charges of the molecules spin or rotate to try to align themselves with one another just like a magnet. When this occurs, heat is given off and moisture is thus extracted from the object being heated. As the small sacs known as trichomes on marijuana are heated, these sacs rupture and spill their contents thus rendering them a lot less affective when heated and inhaled.

I think you may have a bit of the placebo effect going on onequestion
    boaz likes this.
    "sell crazy some place else, cause we're all stocked up here". - Jack Nicholson As Good As It Gets

If what I have posted on these forums has in any way helped you, please feel free to tip the scales (upper right corner) and add to my rep. Thanks!

Check out my DWC grow: http://boards.cannabis.com/grow-log/...ml#post1442753

I'm petty sure it was not placebo. I put very little in the microwave because i was testing out the whole microwave thing. When i eventually smoked it, it was way more intense than before. I hae no doubt that it actually worked. Placebo never works on me, even when i'm 100% sure that something will work, if it's not true, I wont be able to trick myself into thinking that it is, i jsut say oh well and move one. Especially with this, I was skeptical, and for it to actually work makes me sure that it affects the potency.

PS

It doesnt send radio waves, it sends microwaves. Hence the name "microwave". Also, it works by causing the water molecules to vibrate or something. THis causes friction between the molecules which gives off energy/heat.

JohnGalt is offline Registered+
    Dude, the radiation it uses isn't the kind of radiation that occur from things such as Uranium, carbon, and other radioactive isotopes (which are gamma rays, alpha and beta particles). And as mentioned above, the waves exite the polar water molecules. Where the disconnect is it the question of what heat does.

Look up isomerization. It's the idea that there are molecules that are similar to THC within the plant that can be activated into THC when heated. The issue is making sure that you do not overheat it and damage the trichomes as also mentioned above.

Here's a good link. Check out what this guy says about the isomerization process.

EDIT Here's the link Robert A. Nelson: Hemp Husbandry ~ Cannabinoid Chemistry (Ch 6)
    "If you saw Atlas, the giant who holds the world on his shoulders, his arms trembling but still trying to hold the world aloft with the last of his strength --what would you tell him to do?"

"I don't know. What would you tell him?"

"To shrug."

leapold is offline Banned
    lol are u all stupid? it doesnt give of radiation... it shoots micro waves at the water particals, and the microwaves have very small wavelengths and high frequency so it excites the water molicules and heats up the substance
    no radiation

deftdrummer is offline Registered+
    what a worthless thread.

ps ps. pps ppssss, one question. Don't come up in here to start shit, your the one microwaving weed after all.
    "sell crazy some place else, cause we're all stocked up here". - Jack Nicholson As Good As It Gets

If what I have posted on these forums has in any way helped you, please feel free to tip the scales (upper right corner) and add to my rep. Thanks!

Check out my DWC grow: http://boards.cannabis.com/grow-log/...ml#post1442753

BoilerUp is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by leapold View Post
    lol are u all stupid? it doesnt give of radiation... it shoots micro waves at the water particals, and the microwaves have very small wavelengths and high frequency so it excites the water molicules and heats up the substance
    no radiation
    Radiation - the process in which energy is emitted as particles or waves.

Microwave

I'm sure that doing it one time wont give me radiation poisining, but what im worried about is the weed keeping the radiation and maybe something happening when i set fire to it or maybe the butane can react.

thankks reaper. I guess its okay to microwave it then.

nevermind. I just did some research and came across this little bundle of joy(sarcasm). Tell me what you guys think.

radiation ovens - the proven dangers of microwaves

Not An Addict is offline Registered+
    I got my munchies, and reading this thread was very enjoyable. Continue please.
    Quote Originally Posted by crunkjuice View Post

bring like 20 people to his house at a random time and be like "but you said i could sit on your dam sofa!!"

Psycho4Bud is offline The Modfather
    Quote Originally Posted by deftdrummer View Post
    You guys are all talking crazy. The only reason to put weed in the microwave (and its a bad reason) is to dry it out faster after harvest. Microwaving weed will not get you higher it will actually ruin it. Here's why: Microwave ovens work by sending radio waves through the food being microwaved. As the waves pass through the food water molecules are excited and the positive charges of the molecules spin or rotate to try to align themselves with one another just like a magnet. When this occurs, heat is given off and moisture is thus extracted from the object being heated. As the small sacs known as trichomes on marijuana are heated, these sacs rupture and spill their contents thus rendering them a lot less affective when heated and inhaled.

I think you may have a bit of the placebo effect going on onequestion
    DING, DING...we have a winner! Listen to the wise man! Good rep on the way.....

Have a good one!

cannabis campbell is offline Registered+
    Lol

I doubt that it would make it any stronger...

It would just make it a lot drier and easier to grind thats all.

Also makes it weigh less depending on how long you put it in because it dries it up.

"If God wanted me to be quiet he would've never showed me what he does."
    "They got money for wars but they can't feed the poor."
    "Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside while still alive."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edfsC6WrdlI

why dont all the doubters of the microwave method zap their stuff int here for 20 seconds and get back with ur results. I guarantee u that u willl c a difference. Also, did anybody read the link i posted up?

OZO
    OZO is offline Registered+
    Instead of microwaving your weed you can bake it in the oven at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for about 5 minutes. It works much better.

Jah420 is offline Registered+
    I microwaved bout half a joint for the crack of it..

no difference in the high
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonrider View Post
    Still I'd buy 2 joints for a buck, even if it had been rolled on by some naked dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by LIP View Post
    Oh great - now everyones going to be looking for poisonous frogs to lick the shit out of

but wouldnt baking it make my house smell

theonlyshawn1 is offline Registered+
    i just used some a little bit ago and its awesome i used some shitty weed i had and it made it awesome, im crazy high with out the fogginess/sleepiness and that kind of stuff

OZO
    OZO is offline Registered+
    As I said in the last thread about cooking weed before smoking it, it absolutely works. There is also science to back it up so those who said this is stupid need to read up on the subject.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast