Cannabis.com

Thread: Distilling Marijuana

scream is offline Registered+

Distilling Marijuana

So, I have a basic pot still. I have a friend growing a couple plants.

My question is...If I take the leaf and stems from the plants and make a wash from them will the THC distill with the alcohol?
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenDennehy View Post
    It was fucking awful, a sort of tortured sound, like a sheet of paper being ripped in half and it finished up with a bubbling, squeaky sound.
    Poetry of a mad man:
    Finite Fantasy
    The American Dream Revisited

2. Cannabis Seeds | Cannabis Seeds

Cannabis Seeds Delivered World Wide, Top Free Seeds with ALL orders. 

Medical Marijuana Dispensary Finder

Medical Marijuana Directory

killerweed420 is offline Banned
    search site for green dragon

scream is offline Registered+
    i know how to make green dragon, and i don't want to make it. thanks though
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenDennehy View Post
    It was fucking awful, a sort of tortured sound, like a sheet of paper being ripped in half and it finished up with a bubbling, squeaky sound.
    Poetry of a mad man:
    Finite Fantasy
    The American Dream Revisited

Things like the main stem and fan leaves have nothing of importance in them, bin them.
    However the leaves close to the buds, and the bits of stem threw the buds you will have more opportunity with. If it's a stain with a high THC content, then I'm sure it would work better.

stinkyattic is offline CultiModerVatorAtor
    An extraction, rather than a distillation, is the accepted method of concentrating THC.
    Isopropanol is a common solvent for this, and may be evaporated off in the top of a double boiler.
    Butane is better, but read up on it- it's more dangerous and you have to make an apparatus for it.

bobelod is offline Registered+
    The cannabidiols have a much higher boiling point than the ethanol (I am assuming this is what you are using when you say alcohol). Basically trace amount of THC can transfer out of the solution when the ethanol is distilled, much like when water is partially removed from mashes in stills even though their boiling point is much higher 212 deg vs. 172deg for ethanol.

Basically when your still is operating it will hit and stick (to an extent), to each boiling point until that material is boiled off, and even though water has a much higher vapor point some will still be released as vapor at 172deg, the same would happen with your cannabinoids however to a much lesser extent.

You can set up a fractional distaillation system, however the heat can be damaging to the very molecules you are attempting to recover.

Hope this is helpful!