Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flavoring marijuana with fruit peels: so far - AMAZING. But I need help.

TPot is offline Registered+

Talking Flavoring marijuana with fruit peels: so far - AMAZING. But I need help.

So I've been (for the last three hours) putting lemon peels in my glass jar with my Purp both in and out of the freezer, and my weed is starting to smell FANTASTIC. It's the coolest thing ever.

Few questions though:

How long should I do this for? I hear estimates from one hour to overnight to days. I'm assuming mold will form and thats the LAST thing I want.

Will this improve the flavor of the weed? So far, the smell is heavenly. It's like a totally new herb. I know it's mostly already cured, but will curing it more with the lemon peel and then some more afterwards help?

Also, should I freeze it to preserve it or will this dissipate the flavor or not make it smell as much...maybe a silly question but I'm just wondering.

Thanks guys and happy tokin'.
    Last edited by TPot; Sep-19-2007 at 23:02.

Smile Flavoring marijuana with fruit peels: so far - AMAZING. But I need help.

So I've been (for the last three hours) putting lemon peels in my glass jar with my Purp both in and out of the freezer, and my weed is starting to smell FANTASTIC. It's the coolest thing ever.

Few questions though:

How long should I do this for? I hear estimates from one hour to overnight to days. I'm assuming mold will form and thats the LAST thing I want.

Will this improve the flavor of the weed? So far, the smell is heavenly. It's like a totally new herb. I know it's mostly already cured, but will curing it more with the lemon peel and then some more afterwards help?

Also, should I freeze it to preserve it or will this dissipate the flavor or not make it smell as much...maybe a silly question but I'm just wondering.

Thanks guys and happy tokin'.

Alejo is offline Registered+
    As far as I know, a peel will just make the weed a little wetter if it's too dry. No idea if you can actually flavor anything with the peels. I've used orange peels to make mine wet before, but never to flavor it. If you keep it like that for too long, I'd start to worry about mold.

But how long is too long? I'm just looking for some more depth to the whole curing/flavoring with a peel process. I know it adds moisture also, when can I tell it's too moist?

Megaz is offline Registered+
    Peels will usually start to mold in room temperature in little less than a week; not sure about the fridge though. If it's in the fridge or freezer, just change the peel every few days depending on how long you're leaving it in there.

connector_robot is offline Registered+
    I wouldn't risk getting mold on my weed - If I were you I'd just stick to plain old weed, however good it smells.
    "It all evens out," Nick said.

And so it goes.

Well, I've been taking a ton of precautions...the fruit material doesn't degrade when in the freezer but it still helps add some nice fragrance to the herb. I'm now trying banana peel in the freezer to see if that works also. I'll update this thread periodically and let you guys know what works best. Also, any more help would be appreciated.

Dest is offline Registered+
    I would try looking for some sort of shisha flavoring that you can dip your nugs in.
    "Do not let education get in the way of your learning"

Quote Originally Posted by TPot View Post
    Well, I've been taking a ton of precautions...the fruit material doesn't degrade when in the freezer but it still helps add some nice fragrance to the herb. I'm now trying banana peel in the freezer to see if that works also. I'll update this thread periodically and let you guys know what works best. Also, any more help would be appreciated.
    Bannana, huh? That sounds like it'd smell/taste pretty good. I assume it's ok to put weed in a freezer, although I'm not quite positive. What you could try is putting in the fruit drawer [it's the one that will usually have some kind of ventelation system] in your fridge, so you don't completly freeze your weed. As far as I know putting it in your fridge is fine. About the freezer, hopfully a more experienced member will fill you in on that, as I have no clue whether that's ok or not.

And so it goes.

I would try looking for some sort of shisha flavoring that you can dip your nugs in.
    I would, but I heard either they don't work, are gross, or are expensive. I hope that I can get results that taste better with simple things and a simple procedure.

Bannana, huh? That sounds like it'd smell/taste pretty good. I assume it's ok to put weed in a freezer, although I'm not quite positive. What you could try is putting in the fruit drawer [it's the one that will usually have some kind of ventelation system] in your fridge, so you don't completly freeze your weed. As far as I know putting it in your fridge is fine. About the freezer, hopfully a more experienced member will fill you in on that, as I have no clue whether that's ok or not.
    As for the freezer, I think it's alright to keep it in there. I know that certain people preserve their weed in the freezer specifically to keep it fresh. I'm keeping the banana peel in a aluminum foil wrap with holes in it inside the jar which is sealed. This seems to be working so far, it smells FANTASTIC.

Does anyone have any info on whether or not this affects the taste?

I'm sure it'll change the taste a little bit, but it also depends on how sensitive your taste buds are. Mine are fairly sensitive and good at picking out flavors, due to my exesive pipe smoking. Sometimes I like to fancy myself a large hobbit.

And so it goes.

Will post tomorrow when I can see if the cure has worked at all.

LIP
    LIP is offline Banned
    As soon as you hold a flame to it, the taste will be as normal.

Unless your smoking shit, why do you want to flavour it?

Purple Banana is offline Registered+
    I've put flavored drops I found in headshops before, it tastes GREAT. It's just for something new, Lip.
    Hey man, you got a joint?

It'd be a lot cooler if you did...

Gennaro is offline Registered+
    lol i soo want to try that shit !

Jouryokujin is offline Registered+
    I know a guy that does this all the time. His buds got moldy. Overdoing it is pretty easy if you're doing this for the purpose of flavor rather than hydration, so be careful. If they seem too moist, stop.

igot4cheep is offline Registered+
    Why dont you just buy flavored papers or blut wraps?

How do I know when too moist is too moist? I mean, so far my herb smells like a delicious banana lemon concoction, but I don't want to overdo it. Right now my herb is in the freezer. Let me know if you have any advice.

I don't buy flavored papers or blunt wraps because I smoke out of bowls primarily.

bumclot is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Banana View Post
    I've put flavored drops I found in headshops before, it tastes GREAT. It's just for something new, Lip.
    Yeah, go with the flavor drops, avoid the chocolate tho!

larme113 is offline Registered
    sounds like a fun project, 'original' is my favorite flavor.

btw ^^^^^ to the guy above me, isn't that mf grimm in your avatar? if so doom and him have been fighting over grimms most recent musical style =(. Ohhhh indy hip hop how i love you.
    Last edited by larme113; Sep-21-2007 at 00:38. Reason: mistake in artist recognition?

Alright, so after this cure I'm continuing to cure it more. Most of the smell has dissipated but the weed has retained a definitely fruiter smell along with fresher looking buds. So far I'd say the experiment was a success, but might not have been if not for some careful thinking.

I made sure that I wrapped the peels in tin foil and poked holes in it, so that it didn't touch the weed. I hear mold is common from doing this.

Also, freezing the weed while curing helped slow and intensify the cure. This is definitely recommended.

Anyone who wants to add a fresh smell with lighter fluffier buds should try this. I hear strawberries work also.

Make sure that what your using is dry and low in sugar content. Sugar will make the buds burn harsher, and pop. This will also make the smoke taste worse.

Curing time with a peel/or fruit varies depending on the dryness of the weed and the temperature. I would not cure with a peel for more than an hour, or 24 hours in the freezer. It seems to have completely worked by then.

Also, glass jars seem to work the best for preserving freshness. Curing afterwards helps the weed retain its nice smell and freshness.

Optimal weed water content is about 10-15%. Try to keep it barely hydrated, not moist. Just so it doesn't break apart. Too dry is easy to spot. If it's too wet, the stem will be difficult to break and the plant will attempt to stay together.

Remember: watch the herb like a HAWK for mold.

Hope this guide helped some people. Peace out!

Alright, so after this cure I'm continuing to cure it more. Most of the smell has dissipated but the weed has retained a definitely fruiter smell along with fresher looking buds. So far I'd say the experiment was a success, but might not have been if not for some careful thinking.

I made sure that I wrapped the peels in tin foil and poked holes in it, so that it didn't touch the weed. I hear mold is common from doing this.

Also, freezing the weed while curing helped slow and intensify the cure. This is definitely recommended.

Anyone who wants to add a fresh smell with lighter fluffier buds should try this. I hear strawberries work also.

Make sure that what your using is dry and low in sugar content. Sugar will make the buds burn harsher, and pop. This will also make the smoke taste worse.

Curing time with a peel/or fruit varies depending on the dryness of the weed and the temperature. I would not cure with a peel for more than an hour, or 24 hours in the freezer. It seems to have completely worked by then.

Also, glass jars seem to work the best for preserving freshness. Curing afterwards helps the weed retain its nice smell and freshness.

Optimal weed water content is about 10-15%. Try to keep it barely hydrated, not moist. Just so it doesn't break apart. Too dry is easy to spot. If it's too wet, the stem will be difficult to break and the plant will attempt to stay together.

Remember: watch the herb like a HAWK for mold.

Hope this guide helped some people. Peace out!

Alright, so the smoke does affect the flavor, but mostly the smell. I suggest you guys try it out. I'm hiiiiiiiigh.

doublefatstrat is offline Registered+
    this is a little off topic, but I've read somewhere that moldy weed is usually more potent/different-stronger high than normal. anyone else heard anything of the sort?
    Quote Originally Posted by Brant Bjork

Let the truth be known, and get stoned

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast