Cannabis.com

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Does using a bong waste weed?`

Swift* is offline Registered
    I think people (noobs smokers atleast) they don't suck the flame all the way to the bottom of the bowl, sucking through only partially burnt weed

2. Cannabis Seeds | Cannabis Seeds

Cannabis Seeds Delivered World Wide, Top Free Seeds with ALL orders. 

Medical Marijuana Dispensary Finder

Medical Marijuana Directory

OcapulcoGold Guest
    Dude no way does it waist, unless of course you have vergin lungs and you blow it all out or something like that, and that with pipes or anything. With A bong your bags going to go a lot faster though but all that smoke is still going in your lungs

IIG
    IIG is offline Registered+
    Put me in with the camp that thinks smoking joints is the most wasteful, and bongs among the least. Also, I'm surprised by some of the questioning of a bong's effectiveness. I can get higher with the bong smoking half the amount of weed of a joint. I can see a blunt rivaling the bong, but not a joint.

Beefer86 is offline Registered+
    I have never been as high off a joint as I have a bong.

I think if you smoke a gram in a bong vs a pipe vs a joint you will FEEL higher with the bong.

But to each their own.

Backpacker420 is offline Registered+
    Man even if using a bong did waste weed I wouldn't care, cause I can take suge huge hits on a bong versus a bowl or joint!

dutchy420 is offline Registered+
    This topic has been brought up many times and those who claim bongs filter out thc and thus get you less high often refer to the NORML study which proved this.

ok...first of all, as someone already said, "wasting" is relative. what i think is wasting is not wasting to you or vice versa, plus tolerances are different, plus because of peoples different bodies its entirely possible that different methods get different people stoned.

though studies have been proven to show any number of things, i KNOW based on personal experienced based facts that packing a fat bong bowl and doming it to yourself will get me much more stoned than almost any other method. therefore i find this "bong wastes weed" discussion a waste of time and ultimatly, an argumentative loop.

M.O.B. is offline Registered

not waistfull

bongs get you ripped...period

smok3y is offline Registered+
    Dont see how bong are wasteful. I think bongs are better and you do get a better high than u do with smoking joints.. Also you save your self alot of weed as you dont need as much to get baked..

I personnaly think your friend is telling porky pies (lies)....
    R.I.P
    David Steele
    "Gone But Never Forgotten"

I know you don't smoke weed, I know this..
    but I'm gonna get you high today..
    'cause it's Friday' you ain't got no job... and you ain't got shit to do..

dagshet is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchy420 View Post
    This topic has been brought up many times and those who claim bongs filter out thc and thus get you less high often refer to the NORML study which proved this.

ok...first of all, as someone already said, "wasting" is relative. what i think is wasting is not wasting to you or vice versa, plus tolerances are different, plus because of peoples different bodies its entirely possible that different methods get different people stoned.

though studies have been proven to show any number of things, i KNOW based on personal experienced based facts that packing a fat bong bowl and doming it to yourself will get me much more stoned than almost any other method. therefore i find this "bong wastes weed" discussion a waste of time and ultimatly, an argumentative loop.
    yes i agree

it is ultimately about personal tolerance and not wasting weed. smoking out of a pipe vs. a bong is the is how fast the weed burns and how fat a rip you can take. for example what 4 pipes rips would equal 1 bong rip because you can take a fatter rip with the bong with water filtration and depending size of the bong. the pipe on the other hand has air filtration and thats it, your lungs with be burning with smoke before you could even take half what a bong could do to you. and for those out there who can take huge pipe rips enjoy your ashy lungs, ever notice why bong water looks and smells like crap??

When I first got my doctor recommendation my doctor told me that the more filtration between the burning marijuana and your lungs the better you are for respiratory function ( common sense duh ) joint<pipe<bubbler<bong<vaporizer.

just remember if your going to medicating over a long period of time that all the smoking is going to add up over time, thats why vaporizers are becoming more popular. your lungs won't outlast your smoking habits regardless of what studies say cigs are worse than marijuana.

thanks for the rant

New2Dro is offline Registered+
    IMO you use less weed when you rool a joint and still get the same high is not a better high, then any bong! Bong highs don't last very long to me. But thats just MPO though!!!!

Chacolate Dutch
    Grape "Rello"
    Or just a plain "Swisha"

pinkyslayer is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by WeedyBoyWonder View Post
    I don't think bongs are a "waste" of weed. They have been proven to be "counter productive" apparently, which doesn't mean they are a waste of weed.
    Hit a bong, get you stoned?

There is the answer... proof is in the pudding.
    What? What the hell does that even mean? The term "counter productive" means it deters one from being productive, as in smoking weed while trying to study usually proves to be counter productive to your studying...you must have been high when you wrote this, broseph.

OntarioToker69 is offline Registered+
    I Like to use a one hitter....conserves weed very well.
    Plus I Find I Can Enjoy The full flavour by taking one it at a time.Some People Think Joints Waste Weed,but Most People,especially youngsters, don't know how to smoke a joint Properly in my opinion.I See People Hit Joints like it's the last joint on the Planet!That's how you waste weed,when the cherry gets Big and Red and the the tip smokes profusely.and the kicker is it seems like they only burn a little pit of the pot,the inside of the burnt cherry is still solid ganja!Don't even get me started on how some people make the paper run,and don't try to fix it until it's to late and completely unsmokeable.Have you ever seen someone smoke a Cigarette?It Burns pretty long,That's How I Like My Marijuana Joints To last.My Dad Taught me how to smoke joints when I Was a teen,as I would try to be cool holding the joint with my thumb and index finger.Taking in massive amounts of smoke and a lot of puffs(Like people on movies or tv)Till my Dad Got Super Pissed And said he wasn't going to smoke with me unless I smoked properly...
    A joint of some...oh let's say..Kali mist,if smoked Properly should get 2-3 people comfortably High.
    Last edited by OntarioToker69; Apr-19-2008 at 05:28.

maxsuperdanks is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by Reefer Rogue View Post
    Okay, do bongs waste weed?

No...

Have you ever smoked a bong?

They get you HIGH

Therefore, whatever thc is 'lost' is SO miniscule it's absurd to imply that bongs are ineffective and wasteful. I don't give a fuck what NORML says, I know what I say, I know what my bong says. Joints waste more then anything. They need more weed to make a joint... The joint is constantly burning, thus you are losing thc. Sideburns... A bong takes less weed so it's not as wasteful as a joint. Perhaps a pipe is more efficient then all, HOWEVER, it's harsh as hell and not worth it, you wouldn't get that much higher from a pipe then a bong. If you smoke 0.3 in a pipe and 0.3 in a bong, it's the same.
    HEAR HEAR!

My bongs rip like magic, I can't imagine losing weed. The only thing I could see as being a waste is that they burn weed quicker and you might lose some THC in the excess smoke, and you get less rips (but they all go to the same place anyway?).

I wouldn't say any THC is lost in the water, if you put Vodka in the bottom though, that would lose it.

BudGrower is offline Registered+
    Any method can be wasteful if you are not carefull. I use a home-made water pipe. I put only a little in the bowl at a time. Then I lite it with a match carefully to only get a little burning. Then I toke enough and snuff out the bowl with my finger, and very little stuff goes "up in smoke" wasted. You can also stop the burning with a damp finger tip.

Sometime I roll tiny joints that are good for only a few hits and I snuff that out after each toke.

If you are lucky as I am, cause I got some potent one-hit-quit-shit, then it doesn't matter HOW you smoke it, you just smoke a tiny bit and it is ENOUGH. This stuff I'm smoking I grew myself from SuperSkunk seeds I bought from Mark Emery in 1990. The seeds stayed alive in my fridge for 7 years until I grew some plants last spring time.

EpsilonX is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by BudGrower View Post
    Any method can be wasteful if you are not carefull. I use a home-made water pipe. I put only a little in the bowl at a time. Then I lite it with a match carefully to only get a little burning. Then I toke enough and snuff out the bowl with my finger, and very little stuff goes "up in smoke" wasted. You can also stop the burning with a damp finger tip.

Sometime I roll tiny joints that are good for only a few hits and I snuff that out after each toke.

If you are lucky as I am, cause I got some potent one-hit-quit-shit, then it doesn't matter HOW you smoke it, you just smoke a tiny bit and it is ENOUGH. This stuff I'm smoking I grew myself from SuperSkunk seeds I bought from Mark Emery in 1990. The seeds stayed alive in my fridge for 7 years until I grew some plants last spring time.
    this is true, when its just me I load a small bowl. toke. snuff. toke. snuff. until its cashed then chill for abit and if that isnt enough then I load another small bowl. weed gets wasted becuase people load a giant fat bowl just for them selves, and dont snuff it so it keeps burning.

headydankness is offline Registered+
    just take on phat bong rip and you'll know whats better, oh and make sure to hold in atleast 3-5 sec.
    peace.

Like the last couple of people to post,i like to use a one hitter and snuff it out between each hit.keeping the end of the bowl covered and sucking out the smoke that got trapped in the tube when the cherry went out.I don't waste any smoke.it all goes in my lungs.And like the guy a couple posts up pointed out,
    If you have access to high-test Cannabis,You should only need a
    .2 or a .3 to get contently Stoned.I Just Weighed exactly a
    .3 of HashBerry,smoked it from my hitter,the only smoke that went into the air was the smoke exhaled from my lungs,
    And I'm Nice and Stoned.I Also feel alot of relief From My Stomach Pain and muscle weakness.
    Last edited by OntarioToker69; Apr-22-2008 at 05:04.

Quote Originally Posted by LIP View Post
    Anyone who thinks joints waste weed cant roll joints. My joints dont waste ANY weed - so why do yours?
    I Couldn't have said it Better Myself.
    You Took the Words right out of my thoughts using Stoner Telekinesis.

BudGrower is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by headydankness View Post
    just take on phat bong rip and you'll know whats better, oh and make sure to hold in atleast 3-5 sec.
    peace.
    I usually hold it for about 20 seconds. How long do you folks hold your tokes?

chrons is offline Registered+
    20 seconds is probably not needed, I actually heard 5-7 most

but anyway, your friend probably just said bongs waste weed because they CRUSH bowl packs, not because THC is lost in the water or sides of the large device, that's all some BS, I almost guarantee he said it because you can easily crush a whole bong pack compared to a bowl in a pipe or even a bubbler...

EpsilonX is offline Registered+
    twenty seconds is to much, thats what leads to loss of brain cells.
    holding for 3-5 seconds is perfect becuase within the first 3 seconds 9x% of the thc is absorbed by the lungs.
    atleast thats what I heard from my health class from a stoner teacher back in high school.

Peter421 is offline Registered
    it only seems like you're smoking more because you have more hits off of a blunt as you would off a bong but then again, you don't as much from a blunt as you would in a bong. and plus the hit is smoother and cooler thus you take yourself a killer rip.

mfqr is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by JstUseDaBong View Post
    Last night my buddy bought a few grams of some nice bud and we were ripping a bubbler. After awhile my other buddy busted out a bong and we were going to smoke out of it but someone said it wasted weed so we didnt. I dont understand why it would, THC isnt water soluble so the water wouldnt affect it IMO but i was way to stoned to bring the issue up
    No, I don't think it wastes weed, unless you use it in a wasteful manner; however, that can apply to any method of administration.

The reason why people think it wastes weed is because people usually get only one or two hits off of a bowl. But keep in mind that those hits are huge compared to a hit one would get from a pipe or a bubbler, or a joint/blunt/whatever. So really, you're getting the same amount as you would if you packed the same sized bowl in a pipe and took 5 or 6 or more hits... just you're getting it all at once instead.
    blaze the haze for daze
    Embrace the grace of the fine herb.

greenatik is offline Registered+
    personally i think gravity bongs waste the least amount of ganja. its like 1/3 - 1/2 of a bong bowl and im high as hell for at least 3 hours

none of my buddies nor i smoke joints anymore because of our tolerance and how much it wastes

naappy123 is offline Registered
    THC and other cannaboids get filtered 30% more than the tar does, thats why it wastes weed... unless you drink the bong water everytime lol. bongs only get you more high because you can smoke like 10 times as much, it may feel better on your lungs but you are doing more harm than good.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast