Thread: *urgent* What's the quickest way to dry your weed?

Rapidfire187 is offline Registered+

*urgent* What's the quickest way to dry your weed?

I've got some really good bud, but it's still kind of damp so it's not grinding properly in my grinder. I know that I can leave it in a paper towel in a warm place for a night or 2, but is there anything quicker? Like something I could do tonight?

DurbanStone is offline Registered+
    oven
    I love life.

Hempy Bucket- So easy a caveman could do it.

Quote Originally Posted by DurbanStone View Post
    oven
    ...insightful.

An oven might work, but I'm sure as fuck not throwing my good weed into an oven at an undetermined temperature, for a random amount of time. So...care to elaborate?

Also, would microwaving the bud work?

thechief69 is offline Registered+
    we dried weed that was just picked by putting it next to his xbox 360 and computer, dried it up in like a day

Quote Originally Posted by thechief69 View Post
    we dried weed that was just picked by putting it next to his xbox 360 and computer, dried it up in like a day
    Yea, I was planning on putting it next to my laptop since it blows out warm air constantly, but like you said it's an overnight thing. I might have to settle for that though, thanks.

klondike_bar is offline Banned
    search the forums. i know theres a thread on this and oven-curing thats relatively recent.

its something like 150 on the oven (or some temp under the vaporization level) for several hours until it dries (not crispy however)

why do you want to do it so fast? it will SEVERELY decrease the quality that comes from several week curings

Quote Originally Posted by klondike_bar View Post
    search the forums. i know theres a thread on this and oven-curing thats relatively recent.

its something like 150 on the oven (or some temp under the vaporization level) for several hours until it dries (not crispy however)

why do you want to do it so fast? it will SEVERELY decrease the quality that comes from several week curings
    Because I've got a good bit of this great weed, and I want to grind it up and catch the kief. By the time the weed naturally dries, I'll have smoked half of it or something, and I CAN'T just sit here on the weekend with this bomb ass weed, and just not touch it.

If oven curing lowers the potency though, I may have to wait. It's gonna be hard though...

theres water curing whichll take a day or two, but ive never tried it.

oven wont reduce potency, but it just wont smoke nearly as nice as a properly cured bud.

any method of warming it in dry air will work. put it by a pc, heater, oven, etc

The Gnome is offline Registered+
    I hear placing aluminum foil on a toaster (with weed on the foil) works, and pretty quickly.
    Dawn is a feeling
    A beautiful ceiling
    The smell of grass
    Just makes you pass
    Into a dream

Coelho is offline Registered+
    You also may dry your weed in the microwave... any amount of time shorter than 5 min will not do any harm to the weed's potency. In fact, curing the weed increases its potency. The only difference is that your weed may become crispy and burn faster, but what you may lose in taste, you CERTAINLY will gain in potency... i would suggest to heat some 30 seconds, then see if its dry enough, if not, heat more 30 seconds, until its dry.
    More info about what happens when you dry/heat your weed is at:
    Have you ever activated your weed?
    Last edited by Coelho; Nov-25-2007 at 02:09.

Quote Originally Posted by Coelho View Post
    You also may dry your weed in the microwave... any amount of time shorter than 5 min will not do any harm to the weed's potency. In fact, curing the weed increases its potency. The only difference is that your weed may become crispy and burn faster, but what you may lose in taste, you CERTAINLY will gain in potency... i would suggest to heat some 30 seconds, then see if its dry enough, if not, heat more 30 seconds, until its dry.
    Yea, I ended up doing that. Worked like a charm. Evaporated the water from the bud, and made it right...grinded up nicely, and I've got my kief collection started now.

you cant increase weeds potency, or growops would all have built in microwaves.

it may ACTIVATE the THC, which is what you do when cooking it however

KrAzy Che3To is offline Registered+
    Ever use microwave?

samurai360 is offline Registered

Oven

Put it in the oven and bake at 325 for 5-10 minutes or untill golden brown. This will dry it and make it more potent. You can do this with freshly picked bud!

(DO NOT EXCEED 325)

Coelho is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by klondike_bar View Post
    you cant increase weeds potency, or growops would all have built in microwaves.

it may ACTIVATE the THC, which is what you do when cooking it however
    Well... this process is usually (and somewhat wrongly) called "activation"... but what actually happens is the increase of the amount of THC... which mean that the weed actually becomes more potent, cause it has more THC in it.

And maybe growops dont need microwaving the weed... cause probably they cure the weed... The microwave only cures it, and if the weed is already properly cured, microwaving it will do nothing to it.

samurai360 is offline Registered
    Well... this process is usually (and somewhat wrongly) called "activation"... but what actually happens is the increase of the amount of THC... which mean that the weed actually becomes more potent, cause it has more THC in it.

And maybe growops dont need microwaving the weed... cause probably they cure the weed... The microwave only cures it, and if the weed is already properly cured, microwaving it will do nothing to it.
    The heat converts THC-A to pure THC. which therefor makes it more potent. usually 30-40%

kjavjlkbzdfb is offline Banned

WEsmokeED is offline Registered+
    so quick question about the microwave thing, does it make you microwave smell like weed?
    Live Every Week, Like it is Shark Week!!!

spitfire7716 is offline Registered
    does this make it smell like weed at all???? in the microwave and in the house

VapedG13 is offline Registered+
    In a pinch...I cut a nug off my plant and stick it in the micro wave...it only takes 1 min and then I can vape it

If your weed is damp ....place it on the top of a warm TV... it will dry.

I guess since the original post was back in Nov of 2007...I think his weed might be dry already
    Last edited by VapedG13; Mar-11-2009 at 14:51.