Cannabis.com

Thread: Grinding stems...

xTorches is offline Registered+

Grinding stems...

I just bought a grinder and I was wondering if you grind the stems up with the herb or do u still destem it? I have heard you can destem it save teh stems and then grind the stems for kief...

2. Cannabis Seeds | Cannabis Seeds

Buy Feminised Cannabis Seeds

Cannabis Seeds Delivered World Wide, Top Free Seeds with ALL orders. 

Medical Marijuana Dispensary Finder

Medical Marijuana Directory

Wolfwood is offline Registered+
    I never heard of grinding stems for kief... Sounds nasty. I usually just take a nug and break off buds off of the nug and then throw away the big stems. I basically just get the biggest ones and just throw tiny nugs in the bowl. Then grind it up. After you grind it up you can check the bud to see more stems. Trust me, you'll see stems. Just take em out.

meatw4d is offline Registered+
    I try to break the buds off the stems before putting them in the grinder. Save the stems for baking.

orangepanda is offline Registered
    you do not grind the stems to kiff, you put them in like a powder sugar shaker with the mesh screen on it and a cap, and shake vigorously for about 2 minutes then you will get some kief through the screen and into the cap

CharlesWysockis is offline Registered+
    actually i had the same idea. i just got a new grinder and grinded up a bunch of stems. i got mad kif! even from mids just get alot of stems and trust me you will get some kif.

tenajtimmad is offline Banned
    grind it up and i pick out whatever looks bad when i pile it out. some stems i like to chew on cause i love the flavor

nolanfortwenty is offline Registered+
    i seperate the stems then grind them after for crystal, deffinatly seperate first
    Everybodys got somthin to hide
    Cept for me and my monkey

melodious fellow is offline Registered+
    if you are vaporizing, no need to separate. otherwise, save the nice big stems for cooking.
    VOTE DR. RON PAUL

Disclaimer: None of the information posted under this screen name or this IP address is to be taken seriously, nor do the authors advocate any illegal activities, as posts in these forums are for entertainment purposes only.

WaZ
    WaZ is offline Registered+
    You can do whatever you want with the stems. I grind up everything because vaporizers are wonderful. They'd also be good to cook with. I've seen people get nice amounts of kief out of grinding their stem collection. If you're going to aim for saving stems for the latter purpose, you might want to de-stem bud as much as possible before grinding.

LIP
    LIP is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tenajtimmad View Post
    grind it up and i pick out whatever looks bad when i pile it out. some stems i like to chew on cause i love the flavor
    I chew em sometimes too, it is a nice flavour. I like to think of it as ganja chewing gum, coz they take long enough to brake down lol!

If i aint eating em, im chucking em.

Freakishbob is offline Registered+
    i usually save all my stems and when i have a nice amount i simmer them in milk and make tea *shrug* it works if you have enough stems

highsox is offline Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by melodious fellow View Post
    if you are vaporizing, no need to separate. otherwise, save the nice big stems for cooking.
    ya I vape so I don't descriminate...but I do the same thing when I smoke lol