Cannabis.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weed+Tobacco

HydroSON is offline Banned

Weed+Tobacco

You know when people roll spliffs they put tobacco in it with weed?
    Does this get you higher for longer? I heard it does.

2. Cannabis Seeds | Cannabis Seeds

Buy Feminised Cannabis Seeds

Cannabis Seeds Delivered World Wide, Top Free Seeds with ALL orders. 

Medical Marijuana Dispensary Finder

Medical Marijuana Directory

twistpipe109 is offline Banned
    No.

Benjihad is offline Registered
    I personally do it because it gives a big head rush, that might just be the nicotine buzz though.

Storm Crow is offline Registered+
    Progression from marijuana use to daily smoking and nicotine dependence
    Erowid.org: Erowid Reference 6951 : Progression from marijuana use to daily smoking and nicotine dependence in a national sample of U.S. adolescents : Timberlake DS, Haberstick BC, Hopfer CJ, Bricker J, Sakai JT, Lessem JM, Hewitt JK

Radioactive tobacco
    Radioactive tobacco

Cannabis Smoke and Cancer: Assessing the Risk
    Cannabis Smoke and Cancer: Assessing the Risk - NORML

Cannabis and tobacco smoke are not equally carcinogenic
    Cannabis and tobacco smoke are not equally carcinogenic

Smoking Marijuana Does Not Cause Lung Cancer
    US: Web: Study: Smoking Marijuana Does Not Cause Lung Cancer

Tobacco is nasty and an effective insecticide (kills most living things). - Granny
    "If the truth won't do, then something is wrong!"
    Granny's Grandpa- Rev. J. C. Schwabenland

Need MMJ medical studies? Look here!
    http://boards.cannabis.com/medicinal...st-2010-a.html

Granny's list's on facebook-
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Granny...0974909?ref=nf

Want your own free copy of the list? email us-
    i.wantgrannyslist(at)greenpassion.org

smokealot123 is offline Registered+
    if you roll a pure spliff? it will get you higher oviously.

i never roll pure because i cant seem to roll it loose enough.. use a pinch evrytime.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

“Be nice to people on your way up, because you may meet them on your way down.”

i smoke my roach before i smoke my joint !

WARNING !! i suck at speling !! WARNING

420_24/7 is offline Registered+
    No, if you dont smoke tobacco it may give you a bit of a rush, but it wont happen after a while. It is pretty obvious that if you roll a pure spliff the same size as a mixed spliff you will get higher off the pure spliff
    "I smoke a lot of pot"

Fotokopie is offline Registered+
    I think mixing weed with tobacco is a waste of good green.
    Would you smoke brown weed? Why smoke tobacco then?

Tobacco = shit.
    I've always looked for the perfect life to step into.
    I've taken all the paths to get where I wanted.
    But no matter where I go,
    I still come home to me.

- Layne Staley

xxMJAHxx is offline Registered+
    of course you will get higher off a pure joint the same size than a mixed joint, but you're not gonna put more weed because its not mixed

I do mix a little tobacco in my weed, i dont really taste it, makes the weed burn more even, its easier on the throat when you smoke big jays, and makes it slightly fatter when you smoke with alot of people. Plus, its how its done most of the time here, so its like a habit..

shimmer is offline Registered
    Like MJAH has said it does make it weed burn more even. I tried smoking it a few times without tobacco when I was Canada, because that's how most of my Canadian friends smoke it, but doesn't light up well and you have to constantly stand there with a lighter in your hand and it's annoying if you're out.

Infamous is offline Registered+
    ^Agreed. I started smoking young and we couldnt afford pure joints even if we wanted to so it was tobacco all the way....

To be honest I like to smoke a ciggy straight after a J......it gives me an even more relaxed stone. I suppose its just the enhanced effects of feeling the nicotine though.
    Dont forget that when you look behind you, there's a behind you, behind you, where you arent looking!

Better call the fire department, i've hired an arson, to set fire to carpet and burn up your ENTIRE APARTMENT!!

A Cat Falls Into a Pool, a Rooster Laughs.

The Moral of The Story?

A Wet Pussy Makes a Cock Feel Good.

DRybes is offline Registered+
    Smoking cigs while high or drunk or on anything, really, is relaxing and much more fun than smoking normally. I know plenty of people who only smoke when they're high or drunk, but when they do, they practically chain em.

Being a smoker myself I mix tobacco with weed to make it go further. A joint is one of the most wasteful ways of smoking weed (though the pros outweigh the cons). If you smoke tobacco anyway, mix em 50 50 (and mix them WELL) and roll medium... never pinner, never too fat. You have to know how to get it really tight, and how to mix them right, or your shit will go out all the time. Burns smoother, lasts longer, wastes less weed smoke inbetween hits.

Tobacco is addictive as hell though. I'm addicted and you will be too if you do it often enough. Avoid mixing unless you're visiting and its the custom (very common in England, and somewhat common in Canada... rarer in the US), or you smoke tobacco already. Doobie and spliff are terms specifically for a mixed roll. Smoker or not, tolerant of nicotine or not, you'll still get a headrush from a spliff, because you hit harder and hold longer when it's weed, than you normally do. Similar with a bong (bong tobacco sometime, it'll knock you on your fuckin' ass)

If you're a nonsmoker looking to conserve the green, try mixing with catnip (careful, it tears papers easily). Catnip doesn't taste bad, sorta tastes like weed really, and gives you a bit of a buzz to boot.
    Last edited by DRybes; Dec-05-2007 at 23:03.

Fotokopie is offline Registered+
    I love the taste of a pure joint,
    I don't smoke though, so whatever you like.

Hahahah...
    I ripped right now from a few pure Js.
    I've always looked for the perfect life to step into.
    I've taken all the paths to get where I wanted.
    But no matter where I go,
    I still come home to me.

- Layne Staley

Nightrafe is offline Registered+
    You will get faster high and become stoned afterwards. If you smoke just weed you don't get stoned, only high. Try it and if you like it continue with it.
    Life's a bitch, so why can't I f*ck with it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MorR04iLtMw

Collective suicide – our future entranced.
    A sea of ashes, where deep forests grew.
    By polluting our rivers, we poison our blood.
    By devastating our forest, we slaughter our souls.
    The signals can't be ignored.
    The time to change is long overdue.
    This disease will be cured.
    But our children will be the first to go.
    Heaven Shall Burn - Suffocated In The Exhaust Of Our Machines

Quote Originally Posted by HydroSON View Post
    You know when people roll spliffs they put tobacco in it with weed?
    Does this get you higher for longer? I heard it does.
    WEED gets you "high", tobacco does not. How would smoking tobacco with your cannabis make you higher for longer?
    Sounds stupid if you ask me.

Thumbs down Nicotine is poisonous!

What you are mistaking for being higher is being mildly poisoned! Nicotine is a deadly and addictive poison. Every time you use it you run the risk of becoming addicted.

My bio prof (way back the first time I went to college) told us something interesting- if you take a single drop of nicotine and put it on the ear of a rabbit, that rabbit will be dead before 24 hours is up! NO, we never did it as an experiment, but I believe him! This was back in the 60s, before the all the news about cancer and all that was popular.

How addictive is nicotine? Once, early in our marriage, the hubby and I were out of money- day before payday. We scrounged together a bit of change and since we were out of food, I wanted to get some bread, a box of mac and cheese and a can of cheap tuna. Hubby said "NO! I need my Camel Cigarettes!" We had the very first argument of our marriage over tobacco. We compromised- I got the tuna and the mac & cheese, no bread, he got Bull Durham.

But there he was, young and madly in love, but willing to let both of us go hungry to feed his addiction! And, no, he isn't normally such an ass! Wouldn't still be with him if he was.

He is still addicted after 40 years. He still needs his tobacco. He's thinking of quitting.....again. I've lost count how many times he's "quit". Maybe THIS time..... Granny

CheeseOnToast is offline Registered+
    Tobacco makes it burn better.
    Tobacco spreads your weed further.
    Tobacco helps keep your tolerance low.

Quote Originally Posted by CheeseOnToast View Post
    Tobacco makes it burn better.
    Tobacco spreads your weed further.
    Tobacco helps keep your tolerance low.
    Tobacco Kills.

Thank you, Weedy - Granny

smokealot123 is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by xxMJAHxx View Post
    of course you will get higher off a pure joint the same size than a mixed joint, but you're not gonna put more weed because its not mixed

I do mix a little tobacco in my weed, i dont really taste it, makes the weed burn more even, its easier on the throat when you smoke big jays, and makes it slightly fatter when you smoke with alot of people. Plus, its how its done most of the time here, so its like a habit..
    whell in my experiances and my friends all say that you will get more stoned off just a pure joint no matter what the size, it's just the strong buz it gives off hard to explain but i find tobacco unless u have to use it for wet and burning better when u have wet weed. i smoke maby 10 -15 joints b4 i smoke a pure 1. i just like the buz and taste from the tobacco

“Be nice to people on your way up, because you may meet them on your way down.”

i smoke my roach before i smoke my joint !

WARNING !! i suck at speling !! WARNING

tooOhsvn is offline Registered
    I find that smoking a 50/50 splif actually results in a shorter high, as when the nicotines stimulant effect is over, your feel a whole body let-down. Of course to postpone the downer feeling, keep smoking strait ciggs until you cough some tar.

DRybes is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm Crow View Post
    My bio prof (way back the first time I went to college) told us something interesting- if you take a single drop of nicotine and put it on the ear of a rabbit, that rabbit will be dead before 24 hours is up!
    Interesting, isn't it? And its true! That's because the dose of nicotine from smoking one cigarette is about .9 mg. A drop of the purified chemical is substantially more than that, and for such a small organism, can be lethal, especially since it can absorb through the skin. If you handle quantities of tobacco leaves you can accidently overdose yourself on nicotine and white out, or worse. Similarly, eating a cigarette will make you sick because of the high dose of nicotine (and is an emergency for a child, as such a level could kill them). 90% of the nicotine in a cigarette burns up at the temperature the ember reaches, and this is why smoking does not deliver a lethal dose. I've read at least one case, even still, where two people had a non-stop smoking contest to see who could smoke the most cigarettes (dumb in so many ways). Both were hospitalized from nicotine overdose and the winner, after smoking 4 straight packs in a short time, did not survive.

The substance is a neurotoxin at high enough doses, that's why its used as a pesticide. Use nicotine at your own risk. Like I said, spliffs should only be for the people who know the risk and don't mind, or who smoke to begin with. (By the same token, many other substances are neurotoxins in their pure forms, including capsaicin from hot peppers. There's your pinch of salt, fellow smokers)
    Last edited by DRybes; Dec-06-2007 at 22:04.

Loathsome is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by DRybes View Post
    Smoker or not, tolerant of nicotine or not, you'll still get a headrush from a spliff, because you hit harder and hold longer when it's weed, than you normally do. Similar with a bong (bong tobacco sometime, it'll knock you on your fuckin' ass)
    So true. I don't normally smoke tobacco, but a couple weeks ago I only had some kief from my grinder so I put it on some tobacco to smoke in my bong. After taking my first hit I had to sit down because of the headrush.
    With my weed, I smoke everyday
    If I'm not high, the hate will escape
    I smoke and smoke, stoned as a fuck
    Weed is my life, weed is my love
    So pass the bong, pack up the bowl
    A blunt to hit, a fat joint to roll...

LIP
    LIP is offline Banned
    Alot of people in europe/ UK roll with baccy. It's from the time when only hash was avaliable, and green wasnt so popular. Then when skunk came into the market people kept rolling with baccy. It does spread the weed out so it's lasts for longer, and the spliffs we roll in the UK are normally quite abit bigger than in the US [from what i've seen]

But i dont smoke baccy anymore, so its all pure weed for me.

Nog
    Nog is offline Registered+
    It's just a gross idea to me, tobacco smells and tastes like shit, why would you mess up the nice subtle flavors of pure weed? Not to mention tobacco is poison, pot is natural and it won't kill you, to me that's like brushing your teeth and then rinsing your mouth with toilet water, I just don't get it. Couldn't you like, smoke the weed, then smoke the tobacco? If you want it to last longer, smoke less. If your worried about running out, then you shouldn't be smoking J's anyway, smoke a glass bowl or something like that.

chargrs83 is offline Registered+
    i used to roll blunts with a friend who smoked. He told me to try i cigarette (im a non-smoker) after i smoked cause he said it would give me a good buzz and i wouldn't get addicted because i was high, unless i did it a lot. Anyway i tried it and it gave me a nice head rush, i like to smoke a cigarette when i smoke sometimes now. But, only every couple weeks or so and only if someone offers it to me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast