Thread: good weed vs. bad weed

ElMotero is offline Registered+

good weed vs. bad weed

The best weed I ever smoked, I only took one hit, coughed a LOT, and almost threw up, though I usually handle smoke pretty well...

my question is, why is it that good weed makes you cough a lot in one hit, whereas some schwag you can smoke bowl after bowl without having any trouble?

KING ELMO is offline Registered+
    It has to do with how much THC the green has. Very potent (over 20%). When some south of the border stuff is cheap but works for some.

AandS is offline Registered+
    I dunno really, I usually find it backwards. I don't cough much anymore (unless I'm with my friends and I burst out laughing while taking a hit, haahahahh fun times) but I do feel a much harsher hit on my lungs when I'm inhaling just middies. With quality dank shit like Northern Lights, I can just go bowl after bowl with it being reaaaaaal smooth all throughout the session.

saucey101 is offline Registered
    When i smoke mids its real harsh for me, but when i smoke dank it is alot smoother

xLIbluntsmokeNYx is offline Registered+
    dank without a doubt is smoother smoke

LIP
    LIP is offline Banned
    To avoid harsh hits and uncontrollable coughing fits the bud should be properly cured after drying. Normally it's not, because as soon as its dry they want to sell it for as big of a turnover as possible.

Good weed is cured weed, and cured weed [if done well] shouldnt make you cough at all.

And the amount you cough has nothing to do with THC. It might be partly something to do with the resins, but definatly not the chemical.

melodious fellow is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by LIP View Post
    And the amount you cough has nothing to do with THC. It might be partly something to do with the resins, but definatly not the chemical.
    LIP, actually THC is a very powerful expectorant, and is very useful in inducing a productive cough if one has bronchitis or some other infection and needs to cough up mucus in order to get well again. I found this out from a doc when I had bronchitis a few weeks back.
    peace
    VOTE DR. RON PAUL

Disclaimer: None of the information posted under this screen name or this IP address is to be taken seriously, nor do the authors advocate any illegal activities, as posts in these forums are for entertainment purposes only.

LIP
    LIP is offline Banned
    We'll need birdgirl to comfirm then, im not sure, and theres a few conflicting sites.

"tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), the main psychoactive chemical found in cannabis, besides its well-known effect on the brain, also latches onto the nerve cells in the upper airways of mammals and short-circuits the signals that cause coughing spasms.

The US government's national institute of health (NIH) has been paying the university of california in oakland to develop a cough cure based on this effect. Researchers found that a recently discovered relative of THC arachidonylethanolamide (anandamide) can have a similar cough-quelling effect, but without also making users high."

melodious fellow is offline Registered+
    wow, this should be interesting then!

Hopefully some good knowledge will come out of it! I will try to do research as well.
    peace
    VOTE DR. RON PAUL

Disclaimer: None of the information posted under this screen name or this IP address is to be taken seriously, nor do the authors advocate any illegal activities, as posts in these forums are for entertainment purposes only.

DaZeDShAdOw is offline Registered+
    I have heard before that Indica dominant strains are more harsh on the lungs than sativa, but that's what I heard dont take my word for that one.

"Live every day as if it were your last"

LIP
    LIP is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DaZeDShAdOw View Post
    I have heard before that Indica dominant strains are more harsh on the lungs than sativa, but that's what I heard dont take my word for that one.
    That'd tie in with my theory of higher resin levels causing the coughing.

Tony1234567890 is offline Registered+
    I've smoked cat shit that was rolled up in a J and it was smooooth. Not really cat shit, but that's what the name could have been.

I've smoked some stuff that was kinda harsh and made my throat & chest feel like it just inhaled glass powder and then 10 seconds later I was high as fuck.

Freakishbob is offline Registered+
    *shrug* i know that marijuana can be used to treat asthma.
    but for the good v bad thing...ive smoked a lot of diffrent dro and some makes me cough like a mofo and others are extremely smooth...