Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hot water bong!

maxsuperdanks is offline Registered+

Hot water bong!

Putting hot water as opposed to cold, then ice if you have a separate ice holder is genius.

Smoothest hits on earth, the hot water vapor helps to get rid of the harshness of the smoke immensely.

Figured I'd post another cool tip that'll mysteriously disappear like my Soldering Iron thread about lighting your pot with a hot soldering iron (The hell is with that? It was verified that a clean soldering iron was safe, it's not a DIY or Homemade, so I don't get it?)
    You've got to be the change you want to see in the world, so I do what I want. I cannot force others to accept me, I can only lead by example and be righteous and stick to my convictions with integrity in hopes they'll dig what I'm about and join in too.

linearvermin is offline Registered+
    Hot water and cold water would make the bong have different temperatures in side it. Multiple temps. will result in the glass being easier to break. I've personally never tried this and cant imagine it would actually make it smoother. All your doing is risking your bong when you do that. Tap it on the sink while filling it up and CRACK its gone.
    *Anything posted under this username is strictly for entertainment purposes only*

AZFour20 is offline Registered
    I wouldn't reccomend trying this...

Ice + Hot water = Broken bong
    Last edited by AZFour20; Apr-30-2008 at 22:36.

I've done it multiple times, the water isn't that effin hot, it's hot enough to steam up, hardly hot enough to mess with good pyrex that you can easily bake and cook on the stove with.

No troubles, and smoother hits for surely.

And I did say ice catcher, it keeps the ice from touching the hot water at all.
    You've got to be the change you want to see in the world, so I do what I want. I cannot force others to accept me, I can only lead by example and be righteous and stick to my convictions with integrity in hopes they'll dig what I'm about and join in too.

affasd is offline Registered+
    ya I do it in my friends roor all the time i think it would only be a problem if its cheap thinner glass

... ...

smoke weed all day

HighTy is offline Registered+
    Yeah I tried the soldering iron thing, it didn't work effectivly.

Quote Originally Posted by HighTy View Post
    Yeah I tried the soldering iron thing, it didn't work effectivly.
    I guess it works differently with different irons *shrug*

Quote Originally Posted by affasd View Post
    ya I do it in my friends roor all the time i think it would only be a problem if its cheap thinner glass
    Right, if you have a quality pyrex glass bong , it shouldn't be an issue.

finally, somebody tried it ! ... I've been touting hot water in a bong for years, usually ignored

josemartinez915 is offline Registered+
    yeah hot water is great, im usualy just too lazy to refill my bong with hot water every sesh

Euphoric7 is offline Registered+
    I've tried it before, but it always cooled down too fast. Advice?
    Everything I post is 100% fictional and used purely for entertainment purposes.
    <I really appreciate good rep. >

420_24/7 is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by the image reaper View Post
    finally, somebody tried it ! ... I've been touting hot water in a bong for years, usually ignored
    I know what your talking about, I saw possibly the first post you ever made about the hot ,and everybody knocked it. I have no idea why. I think it works great, with or without the ice.
    "I smoke a lot of pot"

eyesmohk is offline Registered+
    the whole reason you would use cold water is to condense the smoke as much as you can, producing a bigger hit than room temperature. if youre using warm water, youre probably just not getting as big of a hit...hence its 'smoother'. just a thought.

linearvermin is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by eyesmohk View Post
    the whole reason you would use cold water is to condense the smoke as much as you can, producing a bigger hit than room temperature. if youre using warm water, youre probably just not getting as big of a hit...hence its 'smoother'. just a thought.
    Exactly what I was thinking
    *Anything posted under this username is strictly for entertainment purposes only*

420_24/7 is offline Registered+
    I can get a big hit off of a hot water bong, and it's alot smoother than cold/room temp water
    "I smoke a lot of pot"

Quote Originally Posted by Euphoric7 View Post
    I've tried it before, but it always cooled down too fast. Advice?

Use hotter water, or get a bong with a bigger resevoir.

My VIP glass (picture a roor style, with a side jar for your stash) has an ash catcher, so I fill my bong up with hot ass water, then blow the hot water into the ash catcher, so it works double time.

Then I throw ice down into the ice catcher and rip that bitch.

That's what the ice is for bro.

I milk that shit every time regardless, I've never had trouble with too small a hit, rest assured

twitch is offline Registered+
    if any one has an ash catcher what i do is put water in it then put it in the microwave till it boils then put it on the bong (becareful it hot)
    i use it to i posted it up on the thread where every one was saying they use kool aid and shit

Quote Originally Posted by twitch View Post
    if any one has an ash catcher what i do is put water in it then put it in the microwave till it boils then put it on the bong (becareful it hot)
    i use it to i posted it up on the thread where every one was saying they use kool aid and shit
    SHIIIIT

That sounds like a killer idea!

swice1 is offline Registered+
    ya hot water! but fuck the ice..

"I love to smoke marijuana
    It give me a deep meditation
    I love to draw marijuana
    It give me a deep meditation
    It keep the natty dreadlocks jumping
    It keep the natty dreadlocks rocking
    It keep the natty dreadlocks swinging
    The white man love to smoke marijuana
    The black man love to cultivate it"
    -Linval Thompson

http://zeitgeistmovie.com

hestehvisker is offline Registered
    its not really hard taking big hits as long as youre smoking pure weed, which i assume most of you from USA does. Try a hashmix

tho i find it hard to see how hot water would cool the hot smoke.

salaam is offline Registered
    The harsh parts of smoke are water-soluble. They become moreso with temperature increase. So hot water will make your smoke have a higher proportion of THC to pointless compounds like chlorophyll.

Quote Originally Posted by hestehvisker View Post
    its not really hard taking big hits as long as youre smoking pure weed, which i assume most of you from USA does. Try a hashmix

tho i find it hard to see how hot water would cool the hot smoke.
    It makes a smoother hit by the steam and hot water vapor along with the hot water itself attaching to the chlorophyll and other bullshit that makes smoke harsh.

Robob420 is offline Registered
    can anyone post some pics of a hot water bong hit?
    or a vid cz then you could probably tell if it was a dense hit or not

what i ws thinking is that i ahve a double chambered bong so fill the first with hot water and the second with cold ?

jimmy8778 is offline Registered+
    see, i see the hot water as being smoother, but i dont feel that it has too much to do with the other chemicals getting trapped in the water, not enough of them contact the water due to the fact that your blowing smoke bubbles, as much as the fact that instead of cooling the outside of the bubble with a hot inner core, your lowering the overall temperature of all the smoke, along with adding water vapor to the smoke. Due to the water vapor, your getting less of a hit, but not a very noticeable one.

hot water=good hits.

every so often i still have a cough or two after some hot water rips, but they are usually short lived, and much easier with the hot water. Everyone just needs to try it. The hottest water you get out of your tap works perfect.
    when you learn to walk on the planes of existence, you can learn to run on the planet of earth

au revoir

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast