Thread: What are blunt wraps made of?

Zero06 is offline Registered

What are blunt wraps made of?

So about 95% of the time my friends and I smoke blunts. Its just what people do in my city and it gets us all ripped. So I'm wondering what exactly they are even made of? I'm guessing its tobbaco but maybe some are made of different materials. Anyone know?

veggii is offline Registered+
    schwisher sweets take out tabacco and out in weed roll and smoke duh!
    California State Law prop 215 Compassionate Use Act of 1996

Federal Law for the Masses

California Co-Ops

California Delivery Services

http://www.patentstorm.us/patents/6630507/fulltext.html

Controlled_Substances_Act
    Quote Originally Posted by BillofRights;
    Amendment X
    The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people.

epilepticme is offline Registered+
    They are made from tobacco and can cause serious lung damage.
    “The greatest service which can be rendered any country is to add a useful plant to its culture. “
    Thomas Jefferson

Zero06 is offline Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by epilepticme View Post
    They are made from tobacco and can cause serious lung damage.
    Great....
    But I bet the blunt wraps are better for your lungs than the blunt shells you got to empty tobacco out of because they are made for smoking ganja. But maybe not lol.

Blunts are the only way to go for me though. Getting caught with a bowl is 10 times worse than getting caught with weed where I live.

DaBudhaStank is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero06 View Post
    Great....
    But I bet the blunt wraps are better for your lungs than the blunt shells you got to empty tobacco out of because they are made for smoking ganja. But maybe not lol.

Blunts are the only way to go for me though. Getting caught with a bowl is 10 times worse than getting caught with weed where I live.
    hahaha, no, blunts in all forms are still gonna be bad for you, shell and leaf are all made from tobacco. They're cigars first, blunts second.

Get a bong and smoke in your residence. Goodbye risk of getting caught.
    Peace is a lie. Freedom is a lie. Most everything you think you know is a lie. Get used to it. Get funkified instead.

FlyGuyOU is offline Registered+
    Ok I'm pretty sure this dude is talking about Blunt wraps, not cigars. You don't have to hollow out wraps, as they are just a sheet. They aren't tobacco I'm assuming b/c you don't get a nic buz from them. Probably some cellulose based product....
    "When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." -Thomas Jefferson

http://boards.cannabis.com/hydroponi...rst-hydro.html

Redheads
    not warheads, blondes not bombs, we're talking about brunettes not fighter jets! When will the governments realize its got to be funky sexy ladies?

jimmy8778 is offline Registered+
    the blunt is made completely from tobacco. the wrap is just tobacco "paper" like making real paper but with tobacco instead of leaves. the leaf if you use it is made from dried tobacco leaf, notice the stems that run through the outer/green leaf. then filled with you guessed it, tobacco. im an expert roller.
    when you learn to walk on the planes of existence, you can learn to run on the planet of earth

au revoir

the 'paper' used for wrapping cigars, etc., is called 'tobacco', but in truth, it is basically floor sweepings, and scraps, from tobacco processing ... in simple terms, it's 'trash' ... my uncle was a KY tobacco farmer, he took me to the tobacco warehouses, etc., when I was young ... yeah, I was young, once (in a faraway place, a long, long, time ago)

epilepticme is offline Registered+
    From Wiki:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blunt_(cigar)

This is directly from a national blunt wrap manufacturers web site:
    Blunt Wrap Product

"This is a packaged cigar tube for holding an end user's tobacco fill material comprising a sheet of material made of tobacco leaves and/or homogenized tobacco paper."

Blunts are not recommended for medical use. They give you all the poisons of cigarettes without a filter.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What are blunt wraps made of?-warning1.jpg  
    “The greatest service which can be rendered any country is to add a useful plant to its culture. “
    Thomas Jefferson

yes, they're right, "homogenized tobacco paper", in other words, scraps ... just like making particle board, etc., it's just leftovers ... roll joints with good papers, instead

StickyfingahZ is offline Registered+
    First time I puffed on a blunt,I hated it.it was harsh and not very enjoyable,but alot of people seem to dig it.
    ~If No Fit,Put Spit~

stinkybudz is offline Registered+
    plus they arent the best tasting either, but i think all tobacco tastes like dirt
    I smoke it down to the ash end burnin lips and finger tips, on for helly shit and take a bullet like a pacifist, right in the ashtray where it belongs, from the bag to the j to the vape to the bong-Stoner songs Twiztid - Bagz, Hydro. KmK- Blaze Allday,Can Anybody Hear me.AbK- Hollowpoint

MousePadProphet is offline Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by the image reaper View Post
    roll joints with good papers, instead
    Isn't paper more or less just as unhealthy..?

blazetbone is offline Registered+
    check out cyclones blunt wraps. They have tobacco leaf ones but also clear ones that look really cool. The clear is made from asiatic cotton mallow, whatever that is. They have great flavors like grape, trainwreck, the purple unknown, etc. They come in a tube so after you've packed it you can carry it in your pocket without crushing it. It also comes with a stick to pack the shake into the cone. I get them for about a dollar each and some have two wraps per tube.

baalpeteor is offline Registered
    best thing is to get kingsize papers. They are the same size as rillos (what we use down in the south for our blunts). Raw makes unbleached unchlorinated all natural vegan papers. My fav, their Connoisseur kingsize slim, even comes with the unbleached roach tips and a stretchy thing that keeps it all together nicely :-)

if you must have a blunt tho, however, especially one you can pack like a cyclone that is all natural, there are the amico sweet palm leaf blunt:
    Want your taste-buds to thank you? Amico Sweet Palm Wraps are blunt cones designed to tingle those taste-buds!

Amico Sweet Palm Wraps are ready made smoking tubes crafted from flavoured palm leaf.

They are slow burning and have their own inbuilt filter. Comes complete with "injector stick" to pack tobacco/ herbs into tube.

We have them available in a range of mouth wetting flavours - with everything from Chocolate Cake to Jamaican Rum, there is a flavour to suit all tastes!

Amico Sweet Palm Wraps are alternatives to blunt wraps. If you don't want to add to your tobacco intake, but you still want the full flavour of a blunt, then Amico's are the best choice.

Sweet palm manufacture website if you want to read more on how they are made/whats in them. The filter is a corn cob. It really does keep the smoke cooler (as the smoke travels through the many holes of the corncob)

Speaking of, I need to order a few more of those. Last time I had one i actually tasted the weed (versus a flavorful blunt)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What are blunt wraps made of?-2517.jpg  
    Last edited by baalpeteor; Sep-04-2010 at 14:42.