Cannabis.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: storing marijuana....

TanCep123 is offline Registered

storing marijuana....

yes believe it or not i will be storing my mj for 2 months because i will be outa the states. how long does mj keep before it looses its potency? is there anything that can be done to keep it fresh? what's your guys' experience.

thanks

2. Cannabis Seeds | Cannabis Seeds

Buy Feminised Cannabis Seeds

Cannabis Seeds Delivered World Wide, Top Free Seeds with ALL orders. 

Medical Marijuana Dispensary Finder

Medical Marijuana Directory

ermitonto is offline Banned
    Keep it in a glass jar if possible. I can't guarantee it'll stay fresh but it should still be able to get you high.

whenever you get back you might wanna throw an apple slice or orange peel in it for 6 or 7 hours....man that shyt gets the bud all nice and moist and sticky again even if it was brittle dry...might also wanna keep it in a fridge/freezer...but i've never done that so i dunno

Lightitup44 is offline Registered+
    Damn, 2 months thats a while. I would personally smoke all of it unless you couldn't get more or for any other reasons. If storing...use mason jars and maybe some bags to keep airflow tight.

-peace

Lurker is offline Registered+
    uhmmmmm.. my weed is almost two months and it got a little dry just a little but not dry and brittle still as potent as before i just keep it in two ziplocks..

emnine is offline Registered

Freeze

It actually takes weed quite a while to lose its potency. So the best thing to do is put it in a plastic ziploc, seal all but one corner, suck the air out till the plastic clings to the bud, seal, fold up nice and good, and stick it in the freezer.
    Cryogenic!

thewooman is offline Banned
    everytime i always get my weed from my dealer its always dry...

what does this mean?

well it could mean alot of things.....the most common reason for dry bud around here is that it is coming in mass quantaties (like whole field harvest or something) and it's been hanging around awhile cuz they're having problems gettin it off their hands......but i get dry weed about half the time....just chunk an apple slice in there....like i said before it gets it all nice and moist n' sticky all over again plus for some reason gives it an extra smoothness to it....

Sentinel is offline Registered+
    use a glass airtight jar plastics are not completely airtight

partyguy420 is offline Registered+
    one of my friends said that if u put weed in an air tight contianer it will gain the power to get u high.*couldnt spell potency*

mono repin is offline Registered+
    Do not put it in the freezer, waste of time. Just put it in a jar, out of sunlight. When you get back check how dry it is. It will probobly need an orange peel, but no bid deal. How much is it you are trying to save anyways? Like someone else said, if it's not that much just smoke that shit now.
    "Hey...this is a private residence, man..."

mono repin , it's about 7/8 o .

Yeah, unless you're not leaving for a while, better store that shit, or maybe try and sell it?

FunkyMonkey is offline Banned
    2 months is nothing to store yer weed.
    Do this:
    Put it into a small jar that seals tight. The less air space left over the better so use a jar that is as close to the size of your stash as possible. This will keep it fresher.
    Now, VERY important if you dont want any chance of mold or fungus growing put a small slice of orange peel only in the jar with it. Seal it up and put it in a cool dark place. NO sun and NO freezer.
    Itll keep it clean and will even give it a nice smooth taste.
    This will all cure your bud and Itll be nicer when you get it out than when you put it in.
    Guarenteed!

If you put the orange peel in with the weed that will introduce moisture and the kind of stuff that will cause fungus. Thats why your only supposed to have the peel in for a short amount of time.

RidingHigh is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by mono repin
    If you put the orange peel in with the weed that will introduce moisture and the kind of stuff that will cause fungus. Thats why your only supposed to have the peel in for a short amount of time.
    He knows his shit.
    Vincent: I was washing 'em. But this shit's hard to get off. Maybe if I had Lava or something, I coulda done a better job.
    Jules: I used the same fuckin' soap you did and when I got finished, the towel didn't look like no god-damn Maxi-Pad.
    Riding High=)

Quote Originally Posted by RidingHigh
    He knows his shit.
    Why thank you sir.

mamma puffpuff420 is offline Registered+

it just depend,s

undefined
    weed,s r different..just like they smoke...i hid some smoke ,and didnt find it 4 six yr,s(truth)..and it kicked ma butt...took it 2 disney land and had a blast..
    just make sure that wherever u store it(glass iz best)make sure its good and dark...have a good trip

Sentinel is offline Registered+
    no1 sells individual mason jars its quite annoying

Goodman3eb is offline Registered+
    You can buy vacuum sealing jars that actually have a small manual vacuum pump in the lid... maybe something to think about?

goodman3ed, great idea. ill check it out hopefully ill find something like that!!

papago is offline Registered

C02

Put it in a mason jar. Add C02. The C02 is heavier than oxygen and will displace the O2 in the jar which will keep the cronic from oxidizing. Seal the jar and keep it in a cool dark place. A good source of C02 for this purpose is C02 wine savers which can be found in any store that sells decent wine.

If you will be storing often, paint a few mason jars black and have them at the ready.

Why did you answer a 2 year old question?

matthiasj is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by HerbalConfusion View Post
    Why did you answer a 2 year old question?
    its a good thread
    I'm lightin', lightin', light the thing, light the thing, no Reggie man...You know I smoke that kush and I ball like swoosh now how ya like me now...

BudGrower is offline Registered+
    I would like to know what is wrong with freezing your stash if it is totally dried out? I think the only thing wrong with putting it in the freezer is if the stuff is a little damp. I grow my personal stash about every 5 or 6 years and I keep it in the freezer in zipper lock baggies with the air squeezed out. There seems to be little loss in potency in 6 years. Glass jars are very bulky for storage.
    Last edited by BudGrower; Nov-20-2007 at 14:50.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast