Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: How to keep weed fresh

egyptian stoner is offline Registered

Post How to keep weed fresh

I just bought a half ounce of some hybrid northen light and big bud. i am just wondering how i should store it and of ways to keep it fresh. My dealer gave me one big nug, so should i break it up or just keep pinching off that big nug.
    Hotshot123 likes this.

sheist is offline Registered+
    keep pinching off the nug... if u break it up, u increase the surface area..

think of it like the reverse effect of a hand..

a slap: fingers are spread out, increased surface area, less effect on opponent
    a punch: fingers are balled together, less surface area, knock a motherfucker out

its the opposite effect..

Ganj is offline Banned
    i would suggest a mason jar. they are air tight, and your stash looks damn good when it's stored in it...

i'm high.
    Last edited by Ganj; Jul-14-2005 at 02:41.

Miss Green is offline Registered+

Arrow This is what I would do.

I would pinch some of the nug each time you have a smoke so that the bud stay together and so the resin doesn't come off as much.Also for storing your bud I would ethier use a jar doesn't really matter as long as it's air tight and or I sometimes use the zip seal bags it keeps it fresh and smells lush every time you open the bag.
    "Oh man what is this i'm smokin?,Oh yeah.... pot."
    Ottoman

BluntArtist is offline Registered+
    buy a pack of 6 ziplock containers-$2.99 Kroger ...serves the same purpose as a mason jar...probably lasts as long, and you won't hear questions like:"What the fuck are you keeping your weed in a mason jar for?"
    "I see your hobbies are drinking, smoking weed, and all types of ill shit."

Ganj is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Green
    I would pinch some of the nug each time you have a smoke so that the bud stay together and so the resin doesn't come off as much.Also for storing your bud I would ethier use a jar doesn't really matter as long as it's air tight and or I sometimes use the zip seal bags it keeps it fresh and smells lush every time you open the bag.
    well, it all depends on how long you plan on having the marijuana stored. if you have a large amount that isn't going to be smoked in one sitting, then it's best that it is stored in a mason jar, opposed to if you stored it in a ziploc bag, there is possibility of condensation in the bag...and moisture is not good for your dried marijuana.

Ganj is offline Banned
    you must excuse me...i'm high. for some reason i thought marijuana emitted vapors...ha.

just ignore the part where i said that there is a possibility of condensation in the bag.

stankystank is offline Registered+
    put it in the freezer keep it fresh
    MicheleHHP likes this.
    weed reveals ones true self
    -Bob Marley

and one more thing....bongs away

sToNeDpEnGuIn420 is offline Registered+
    Use a clip jar(mason jar). Thats what i use and my shit is always fresh, just like when i got it, lol unless i get stoned and ACCIDENTLY leave it out. Lol
    I Love my baby sasha marie....last name pending
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotten.com
    Meth is the shortest word in the English language one can lisp while drunk and underage at a gay bar.
    A quote im drunk decidiing."I think when peole are around they are just the image your mind projects and you can somehow manuiplate this but i dont belive i have the power to.
    if we all just danced as one it would equal the same as if we danced alone.

Oli
    Oli is offline Registered+
    If it does dry out, put it in a container with a small peice of orange peel for a couple of hours. Try not to let the orange touch your bud incase you get bud rot.

Fengzi is offline Registered+
    Whenever I buy a large amount I vacuum seal it. I've had bud sealed up for 6 months that smokes just as good as the day I bought it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How to keep weed fresh-foodsaver.jpg  
    .................................................. ..............

Osama Bin Laden, 2997 Americans Dead on 9/11 - George W. Bush, 3431 Americans Dead in Iraq

Would you accept a cure for a disease that kills 1.14 people for everyone it saves? If not, how can Bush claim we are "winning" the war on terrorism?

My Bud Pics

Hempamasta is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by Fengzi
    Whenever I buy a large amount I vacuum seal it. I've had bud sealed up for 6 months that smokes just as good as the day I bought it.
    Those things rock the damn world.

agapaga is offline Registered
    these are worth checking out, they are packets, very cool, used for keeping cigars and pipe tobacco at just the right humidity level ("Save My Stash") www.savemystash.com
    They are unbelievable, no maintenance, works great

Ub3rB0ng is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by stankystank View Post
    put it in the freezer keep it fresh
    Dont put it in the freezer it dries it out,thats the worst thing you can do. if you wanna do it right use a mason jar like others have mentioned.

jebus2029 is offline Registered+
    make sure it has been cured before long term storage in the mason jar. Or open the jar everyday to let excess moisture out. Once it's dry and cured it will be even better

CaptainDankNuggets is offline Registered+
    Evenn when not curing your bud you should keep it an airtight jar and open it a few times a day so you bud doesn't get moldy and stays fresh!
    Soon to be Famous!

Markass is offline Registered+
    mason jar seems to work fine for me
    Pictures and information posted under this username are duplicated, and should in no way be taken seriously, as it is only a joke.(period)

Ron Paul is freedom

"If Tyranny and Oppression Come to this Land, it Will be in the Guise of Fighting a Foreign Enemy" - James Madison

"What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country!"

jebus2029 is offline Registered+
    Mason jars really are the best. Some people say plastic bags or jars give a flavor and degrade the aroma. I've used plastic jars and haven't noticed anything bad but plastic baggies are not very efficient in my opinion. Buds always end up to dry by the end of the bag. I keep them in different sized jars depending on how much I have. At walmart you can get cases of jars. Might be more than you need but they aren't very expensive. Like $8 for a set of 12. The smallest ones are great for a quarter of dense nugs. While the medium sized ones can hold a half ounce of fluffy nugs. If you have serious weight then get the quart sized jars. I try to keep the jar at about 80% full.

agapaga is offline Registered
    just smoke it up really fast

weedlover714 is offline Registered+
    the best place to store it is in your lungs. ha.

lwien123 is offline Registered+
    A blurb from the dispensary I go to:

-------------------------------------------

Cannabis is a perishable product. They are simply dried flowers, like many herbs. Some techniques can be employed to make them last. The three things to remember are C.A.L.

Cool.
    Airtight
    Light resistant

COOL - Storing at room temperature will cost you a heavy penalty in aroma and flavor from the cannabis' evaporating essential oils. The loss of these oils also likely lessen the effects of some strains that have pharmacologically active oils such as limonene. As for cannabinoid content at room temperature, you won't lose much, since THC degrades slowly over time into the less psychoactive CBN. At CRC we store all our cannabis in temperature controlled wine refrigerators at a temperature between 52 and 55 degrees F. A lignum-vitae temperature-controlled custom walk-in humidor would also work, if you're both rich and somewhat insane. If you're neither of those things... at home, the vegetable drawer of your refrigerator works very well.

AIRTIGHT - reduces oxidation and drying in your meds. However, it's important that you allow limited gas exchange, in other words, you need to vent the normal gases that accumulate in stored cannabis to keep it from going anerobic in storage. With very fresh meds that still require a little cure, this means opening the container a couple times a day. With well-cured meds, once every couple of days is fine.

LIGHT-RESISTANT - The biggest enemy of medicinal cannabis is ultraviolet rays from the sun, which quickly degrade THC and oils. Always store your meds in a light-resistant container.

One last note about plastics and glass as storage mediums. If you choose plastic, make certain that it is chemically-inert, like polypropylene, so that the plastic doesn't react with the terpenes and phenols found on cannabis. Some of these natural chemicals react with plastics to create formalin, the precursor to formaldehyde (embalming fluid). Don't store your meds in baggies or other soft, oily plastics. Glass is an excellent storage medium, but use dark amber or cobalt glass. The only drawback to glass is that it carries a static charge that can collect trichomes from cannabis. At CRC, we use opaque polypropylene containers for our patients and large glass containers for storage.

--morpheus
    Cornerstone Research

downhearted is offline Registered
    I keep mine in a mason jar, but one that appropriately sized. Too big and you see your crystals wasted all over the place, too small and you gotta nearly grind the shit to fit it in there.

Go to Michael's, or Joanne's. They have all sized mason jars for like a buck or two!

kgb420 is offline Registered+
    the best way to make sure your weed doesn't go bad is... SMOKE IT!
    "America; first we fight for our freedom, then we make laws to take it away." - Alfred E. Newman
    Kind Green Buds

cool20 is offline Registered

how to store weed

hi, i've bought half and ounce of some hybrid, and in takes me like 3 months to smoke it all, i have it stored in a mason jar of 3.5 ounces in was the smallest I can found, but it is too big and there is a lot of space with air, what can I do?, can I use some material to fill it?.

Ub3rB0ng is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by cool20 View Post
    hi, i've bought half and ounce of some hybrid, and in takes me like 3 months to smoke it all, i have it stored in a mason jar of 3.5 ounces in was the smallest I can found, but it is too big and there is a lot of space with air, what can I do?, can I use some material to fill it?.
    Your fine,that space of air is actually kind of a good thing
    MicheleHHP likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast