Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Can Weed Go Bad?

mstmary is offline Registered+

Question Can Weed Go Bad?

I was just wondering if weed could go bad for any reason? Like if it were to just sit in a baggy for acouple mouths or years? Is there any way to preserve the weed so it lasts longer?

toker85 is offline Registered
    i dunno the longer its cured, I heard the danker it is. If its in a baggy i think it will be fine, my friend had 4g of some bud that he forgot about for like 3yrs. and found it when he was moving, he said luckily it came right when there was a drought around 9/11. he said he opened the bag and it was so dank , so im not exactly sure ...

mstmary is offline Registered+
    What do you mean by it was so dank?

toker85 is offline Registered
    dank = very good bud

KillaBuzz is offline Registered+
    yes toker is right, if the weed is stored in a sealed bag and doesnt get moldy, it is very very good. same thing happened 2 me n my friend. stored our shitload in a barn n found sum shit 5 yrz later...got us so fuckin stoned. even if theres a lil mold, u can cut it off.

Potent Herbs And Leaves Could Ease The World
    Krayzie Bone-Smokin Buddah...Awsum Song To Toke To

IntrepidS is offline Registered+
    Like wine...
    "Wait, we can't stop here, this is bat country!"

"We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, and a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers... "

"One of the things you learn after years of dealing with drug people is that you can turn your back on a person, but you can never turn your back on a drug"

WHATEEEEEEEEE GUY!! YEAYEA!!

Quote Originally Posted by IntrepidS
    Like wine...
    Wine turns to vinegar
    Check for mold
    and it wouldnt be a bad idea to keep it in a airtight
    rubbermade in the freezer

make sure shez right fuckin air tight if ya do that tho...dunt want no freezer burn

llamaman666 is offline Registered+
    wine turns to vinegar if eexposed to air, keep it seald, unopend, itll b fine. and i had some bud from wut wasnt a great bag, smoked one when i got it, barely had a buzz. Sorta lost track of it and smoked it 3 months later. DAMN!!!!! it gets better.

bongo is offline Registered+
    someone at my school is called dank

geoffrowley19 is offline Registered+
    his name is dank? haha does he smoke?

kimchibanana is offline Registered+
    you guys are all wrong weed has a halflife of 1 year

so half the potency after 1 year

Kronik Bagz is offline Registered+
    ur all talkin bout weed like its alcohol. sugars an starches ferment into alcohol. weed doesnt get better with age after its been chopped. the THC stops being produced. it doesnt get stronger jus sitting in a bag. if anything it loses potency. the only way i know to make weed last longer is to make good, real, oldfashioned hash. an i dun even know if that lasts much longer than weed but im sure it has less of a chance to get moldy.
    FORFREEDOM likes this.

electroshock, brainwave, hair rize,
    look in this killers eyes,
    static with me you only fantisize,
    rub the wrong way, quick reflex,
    eager to jump at fuckin anyone an put em in check,
    i let things get to me now im tha one startin tha static,
    easy come easy go problem solved wit automatics,
    deep breaths takin,
    no need not necisary cause tha static bein started,
    does it scare me?, not at all

well we were usin a barn to dry our shit n we fergot a few lil budz on the ground. im tellin yah she wuz way better then the shit we had dried like 4 er 5 yrz b4. i aint talkin bout weed like shez alc, im juss tellin yah wut happened 2 me. the more the budz dry out, the less they weigh, the less the plant material, and the same thc. so u end up wit a higher potency level becuz ov how much plant material iz gone. n i dunno wut yer talkin bout that halflife?
    PeAcE

Kronik Bagz is offline Registered+
    i dont know anything bout halflife but ur not gaining thc ju lettin bud sit there, yea if it does get really dry an crispy there is a higher thc : plant racio. but buds do lose potency.

electroshock, brainwave, hair rize,
    look in this killers eyes,
    static with me you only fantisize,
    rub the wrong way, quick reflex,
    eager to jump at fuckin anyone an put em in check,
    i let things get to me now im tha one startin tha static,
    easy come easy go problem solved wit automatics,
    deep breaths takin,
    no need not necisary cause tha static bein started,
    does it scare me?, not at all

king cola is offline Registered+
    weed is at its most potent the day it was picked off the plant.after that it gets less potent. weed tastes horible when it hasnt been cured but weed that has been allowed to dry over an 8week period, ive never met a grower who has lasted the whole 8weeks, they normally give up after 3-4weeks, anyways the longer bud is left the better taste it gets but potency increase is bollox.

potency iz the plant-drug ratio. n i dint say that the bud all ov a sudden gainz thc, i said since there is less plant material then there wood ov been b4, itz gunna get ya higher wit less substance.

n i dunno how the ppl like me who have had real old shit cood b wrong bout this considerin it happened 2 us. but ov course u can have yer oppinion thas coo.

vaughn420watson is offline Registered

weed

If you leave your weed for long periods of time it will turn brown and will taste much better. Light can dematerialize the thc. I think it just breaks down I don't think it loses potency. Older weed that has been stored in a dry place will lose nasty or harsh flavour. so you can take bigger hits and smoke more and get all fucked up. The weed will also dry out so it will cut up into a fine powder so you end up smoking more weed that's not as harsh making it seem more potent. Seeds should also be stored in a dark dry place. I personally dry all my weed out just untill the outside of the nugs start to crisp. The inside of the nug will still have some moisture so when you cut it up it won't be as dry as it seemed in nug form.

Kryptonite24 is offline Registered+
    i use those orange medicine containers
    are those airtight? cause it doesnt seem like it b/c when i put my nose to the bottle i can smell weed
    "I know you dont smoke weed i know this, but im getting you high today" -Smokey

humedi is offline Registered+
    if it's dry when you seal it it won't go mouldy, just crispy

if it's damp when you seal it it will go mouldy and i wouldn't smoke that mouldy shit

sunbrother is offline Registered+
    so in a grinder for about a month or 2 would be legit?

maxsuperdanks is offline Registered+
    What the fuck?

If you cure your weed fresh off the plant for a year, it has more THC by far than when it came off the plant. Because the curing and slow drying process converts all the THCA (non active THC that comes off fresh plants) into THC, and activates all the other cannabinoids and terpinoids in the plant.

I hope someone said this before me, otherwise what the fuck?
    You've got to be the change you want to see in the world, so I do what I want. I cannot force others to accept me, I can only lead by example and be righteous and stick to my convictions with integrity in hopes they'll dig what I'm about and join in too.

allrollsin21 is offline Registered+
    i would have to venture to say that any bud left out for a while will have some amount of THC knocked off of it. Therefore it will become less potent with time.
    I have never heard of THCA before, and don't think curing increases strength of the weed, instead enhances flavors and aromas. I'm no scientist...
    "If we want a beautiful garden, we must first have a blueprint in the imagination, a vision" - His Holiness the Dalai Lama

maxsuperdanks is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by allrollsin21 View Post
    i would have to venture to say that any bud left out for a while will have some amount of THC knocked off of it. Therefore it will become less potent with time.
    I have never heard of THCA before, and don't think curing increases strength of the weed, instead enhances flavors and aromas. I'm no scientist...
    THCA is what fresh marijuana contains, the curing process converts it to THC, smoking fresh cannabis won't get you as high as it would if you were to cure it.

Holy fuck, I thought more people knew about curing weed and shit. There's a reason why regs aren't as good, and have a hay smell to them, as opposed to dank weed, which has a good aroma, no hay smell, and is properly cured.
    You've got to be the change you want to see in the world, so I do what I want. I cannot force others to accept me, I can only lead by example and be righteous and stick to my convictions with integrity in hopes they'll dig what I'm about and join in too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast