Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how do i clean my bowl?

fantazy04 is offline Registered

Question how do i clean my bowl?

i just got my first (YES!) bowl and it looks like sherlock holmes' pipe....so how exactly do i go about cleaning it?

something is offline Registered+

cleaning a bowl

q-tips, rubbing alcohol and salt.

ermitonto is offline Banned
    Before I did that I would scrape out as much of the resin (the black stuff) as I could and smoke it. It makes for a nice treat on top of a bowl or even on it's own when I don't have any weed.

hunny is offline Banned
    scrape the pipe first get as much resin out as u can ...u can smoke this ..leave it aside ..then boilin water an pipe cleaner or use a long thin tube an pass it down the pipe till clear
    thats wat i do an its always been a good toke

ewells2420 is offline Registered+
    yeah just tie it to a piece of string and boil some water (more like simmering because if its glass it will break) then dip the pipe into the water. Let sit for 30 sec-1 min (but dont touch the bottom) the take out and repeat.
    A friend in need is a friend indeed, but I friend with weed is even better.

All growing information I give may not be 100% correct or right. I apologize for any mistakes. And im not responsible for the use of this info or anything that may result from it......you have to catch me first =P

DirtyB2525 is offline Registered+

i agree hunny

id scrape the resin and smoke it. im stoned so spellin might be off. and then i would soak your piece in rubbin alcohol over night. clean as hell in the mornin.

duppy man is offline Registered+
    seems like sound info..after extracting the resin,,,try spraying it with WD40 rince with hot soupy water and salt,,, clean out with a pipe cleaner job done give it a try,,

Jesus Smoked Pot is offline Registered
    i hate those big ass sherlock homes pipes , they fuckin suck , those are more for tobacco

Lola is offline Registered
    you should of stuck to foilys

nancyrenee is offline Registered

how do i clean my bowl?

Yeah I have a glass pipe. It was hand made or blown...whatever they do to those things. Anyway I was wondering how to boil it because I was scared it woudl break. It's beautiful. So what about mixing salt with rubbing alcohol? Soak it overnight in alcohol huh? I guess i could soak it and then boil it a little for like 30 secs. That way all the alcohol would be gone. I'm out of screens where can i pick some up. We have flea markets here and that's about it. Just go to one that sells pipes and ask for some screens? Also how do i scrape the reisen? Because it's sort of hard to get in there to it. Any suggestions?

like I said Nacycree try WD40 rinsed with hot..or warm soapy water if the glass is delicate which it shouldn't be as most are required to withstand direct heat, so hot water should be OK''' I wouldn't boil it..as a may crack.. from hitting the pot not from the heat
    I go to sleep and dream
    I wake and dream some more.
    Duppyman

nancyrenee is offline Registered

re

Yeah I was going to put it in one of those metal strainers like you deep fry fries in. That way it wouldn't tumble around in the boiling water. But WD40? I hate that stuff it stinks so bad. But if it works...it works I guess. How do I scrape the reisen though? The bowl doesn't come off of the pipe. It just has a small hole in the bottom...and the end of the pipe has a small hole as well. The only thing i can get down in either one is a q tip. So what would I use to scrape the reisen?

To collect the resin I use a blade.. or scalpel I know I hate the smell myself but it works ..pure alcohol works as well but is not as easily accessible as WD40 you can visit my wed site WWW.duppy.wd40.co.uk only kiddin...peace and all..
    I go to sleep and dream
    I wake and dream some more.
    Duppyman

toostoned2 is offline Registered
    i won't ever "scrape" a glass bowl, they are fragile.
    HOT tap water loosens the resin and if you hold the carb covered and blow on the bowl, the resin comes shooting out and it's still good to smoke (if you like resin hits.) Use bristled pipecleaners to loosen the stubborn resin. Voila.
    Last edited by toostoned2; Jun-16-2004 at 07:55.

TokinBaby is offline Registered+
    alcohol and a blade will do!

vileoxidation is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by nancyrenee View Post
    Yeah I was going to put it in one of those metal strainers like you deep fry fries in. That way it wouldn't tumble around in the boiling water. But WD40? I hate that stuff it stinks so bad. But if it works...it works I guess. How do I scrape the reisen though? The bowl doesn't come off of the pipe. It just has a small hole in the bottom...and the end of the pipe has a small hole as well. The only thing i can get down in either one is a q tip. So what would I use to scrape the reisen?
    Just so you know, boiling WILL stink up your entire kitchen, so if you live with you parents (I don't know if you do, but I am just warning you anyway) they will be able to smell it. So you may not want to boil.

And just make sure you don't cool it down too quickly if you do boil it, because that is how it would break.

To scrape the bowl, I just use a paper clip. I use the rounded end and scrape upward from the hole to the rim. The rounded part gives a nice shovel effect. Be careful, however, not to break your bowl. This is why you should scrape upward, so you are not going towards the bowl.

geonagual is offline Banned
    Lots of banned members in this old thread. LOL

vileoxidation is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by geonagual View Post
    Lots of banned members in this old thread. LOL
    Oh shit I totally didn't even look!! Fuck! *Runs from thread hoping no one noticed the lack of observational skills.*

Samwhore is offline Registered+
    EFFERDENT!

no scraping whatsoever

rebgirl420 is offline Registered+
    Something is right, use rubbing alcohol and a q-tip and scrub, then run it under water and dry it with a soft dishtowel and let it sit for a while.
    Vote for me to be Miss High Times 2011!
    http://misshightimes.com/users/rebgirl420

"I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like, victory. Someday this war's gonna end.."

- Kilgore (Apocalypse Now)

Xavina is here! August 22nd, 2010!
    4 1/2 Years Here and Counting

Reefer Rogue is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by duppy man View Post
    like I said Nacycree try WD40 rinsed with hot..or warm soapy water if the glass is delicate which it shouldn't be as most are required to withstand direct heat, so hot water should be OK''' I wouldn't boil it..as a may crack.. from hitting the pot not from the heat
    I miss duppy man =[
    PEACE

'Why should one be judged by the colour of their skin, instead of the qualities they show from deep within?' - Peter Tosh

If they dont instantly know what you are talking about just walk away.
    Kraloth:
    http://boards.cannabis.com/recreatio...rger-then.html

Bob the Awesome is offline Registered+
    Yea, I think since this was posted in '04, they're not coming back for any advice anymore <<
    Quote Originally Posted by Left View Post
    please provide backing for your argument. Your are merely posting an empty statement, seemingly based on nothing. You are a FAG.
    Drugs and the Brain: How Drugs Work

WTF IS THIS!? Avatar from http://www.queenofwands.net

lil josh is offline Registered+
    lol i bet he has broken that pipe by now.
    Have fun and enjoy weed responsibly.
    I look at weed as a hobbie not an addiction..why? Because weed is a hobbie not an addiction.

Quote Originally Posted by RamblerGambler
    The stupid nurse actually believed me when I told her I could walk on my own. I showed her.
    Muslims Have Mekka, Christians Have Jerusalem, Stoners Have Amsterdam

Password= legalise

Metaphor is offline Registered+
    uhh by reading the sticky...

Skink is offline Registered+
    The sticky was not here when he posted this,,,so i don't blame him for asking...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast