Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reverse Tolerance

WannaSmokePot is offline Registered+

Reverse Tolerance

What is meant by "reverse tolerance?" And is it real?

slpntrx5 is offline Registered+
    reverse tolerance, i believe, is when you don't smoke for a while and your tolerance to weed goes down.

it's real.
    "How do you think they make MORE bread?"
    Quote Originally Posted by ToDrunkToFish View Post
    Make fire, light weed
    + =

P.E.N.G.U.I.N. is offline Registered+
    Reverse tolerance means the more you take something, the less it takes to get high.

Not with weed.

well what the hell, what drugs does this apply to?
    homer: look at shemp, he is so high!
    otto: hey shemp is... hemp, spelled backwards!
    homer: and otto is... OTTO, BACKWARDS!
    otto: ...now im scared.

doesnt the idea of making nature illegal seem a bit, ... unnatural?

Suck it dry!

Drago is offline Registered+
    some people report a reverse tolerance to weed altho it is very rare. man what i wouldnt give to be one of those lucky few... blazing all day and getting more and more fucked up after every toke i take
    did that make sense??

s2headhunter is offline Registered+
    yeah i think i kinda have it.....well not really.........i dunno ....maybe lol somtimes it seems like it sometime sit doesnt...i dunno

SomeGuy is offline Registered+
    reverse tolerance happens with Salvia...
    One flew east, one flew west, one flew over the cuckoo’s nest

Mediocrity knows nothing higher than itself; but talent instantly recognizes genius . . .

In the third or fourth stage of alcoholism, one would have a reverse tolerance to alcohol.

P.E.N.G.U.I.N. is offline Registered+
    I think hallucinagens have a reverse tolerance, in general.

They have a very high tolerance rate, if you do them within close chronological proximity to one another. The reason that the trip seems to be more intense after experience, is that you learn how to better control it and shape it.

daves19 is offline Registered+
    i have a definite reverse tolerence to mj...when i began to smoke some years ago, it took a lot to get me high, to recgnize the high...now i only take one puff and i am stoned...reverse tolerence is when you need less to feel the effect...not to get satisfied with it...try it i am sure it's the same for everybody...take only one good puff and you'll feel the high if look for it...of ourse it is not as fun as getting fucking balzed all over your mind!! but still scientifically speaking MJ is a drug that creates a reverse tolerence...
    Bob Dylan- "Don't critisize what you don't understand..."

Savako is offline Registered+
    Salvia has reverse tolerance, which is when the first time you try it nothing happens so you havta wait after you've tried it and try it again for it to work.

Not Enough Herb is offline Registered+
    i think reverse tolerance has a lot to do with ur drug expeirence and your brain

later
    Leela: "Bender, why did you jump off the boat?"
    Bender: "Everybody was doing it, I just wanted to be popular"

Captain Hanks is offline Registered+
    Yeah you guys are all correct on how reverse tolerance works, for most drugs that is. Not so much with the herb. Reverse tolerance with the herb works something like this. The more you smoke, the more you body gets used to your cannabinoids being activated, the less stoned you feel. However, those who smoke more often don't need to take as long of a break to lower their tolerance. For example, I have a buddy who smokes cannabis medically all day long. 10 rips off of the bong will give him an average buzz lasting maybe an hour. If he were to take three days off it would feel like his first time. If he took a month off he says it's as gnarly as shrooms because his body is so used to it.
    Now for those who smoke maybe once a day. A week will do you good. Those who only toke on the weekends or only a few times a week will have to take off a month or so to notice any drop in tolerance.
    Disclaimer: Any posts made by me are purely fictional in nature and by no means is anything I say to be taken seriously. I do not use, grow or condone the growing of anything not legal. Any and all pictures I post are pictures widley available on the internet and any discussions I am involved in are purely hypothetical or are commentary in nature and should not constitute advice or be considered advice to assist in activities that are deemed illegal.

someuser is offline Registered+
    Yeah, I need to take a week off. I've been smoking 2 - 3 bowls on my homemade bong for a while now... I use to get FUCKED up off of a bowl but now I just get a medicore high

Shrapnel is offline Registered+
    For me, when I first started smoking I sort of got the reverse tolerance affect. At the very start it would take me a few tokes to get high, then as time progressed I could get pretty stoned off of one time, and after a while my tolerance started going up.

memoryburner is offline Registered+
    I have a reverse tolerence to weed...It seems that i have been smoking less now....i got a dimebag to last me 3 days
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonrider View Post
    It's not your fault. It is a genetic disorder over which you have no control. It's a syndrome called SARJ (Sucks At Rolling Joints), and it is more common than you mght realize. Perhaps it would help if you joined a SARJ support group.

mfqr is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by Savako View Post
    Salvia has reverse tolerance, which is when the first time you try it nothing happens so you havta wait after you've tried it and try it again for it to work.
    This isn't true for everyone. The first time my friend tried it, he tripped really hard on Salvia. After that it was not nearly as crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by mfqr View Post
    This isn't true for everyone. The first time my friend tried it, he tripped really hard on Salvia. After that it was not nearly as crazy.
    Yeah, idk where that guy was getting his sources.
    Disclaimer: Any posts made by me are purely fictional in nature and by no means is anything I say to be taken seriously. I do not use, grow or condone the growing of anything not legal. Any and all pictures I post are pictures widley available on the internet and any discussions I am involved in are purely hypothetical or are commentary in nature and should not constitute advice or be considered advice to assist in activities that are deemed illegal.

Chronic.Tonic is offline Registered+
    [QUOTE=Captain Hanks;1107120] he says it's as gnarly as shrooms QUOTE]

Wow.. thats amazing... I wish I could get that fucked up off pot.
    It is a time when, even if nets
    were to guide to all consciousness
    that had been converted to
    photons and electrons toward
    coalescing. Standalone
    individuals have not yet been
    converted into data to the extent
    that they can form unique
    components of a larger complex.

TurnyBright is offline Registered+
    When I started smoking it took 2 bowls to get me stoned. Now, I can get nice and high with a single hit from my bat and dugout. Funny how tolerances work.

[QUOTE=Chronic.Tonic;1108216]
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hanks View Post
    he says it's as gnarly as shrooms QUOTE]

Wow.. thats amazing... I wish I could get that fucked up off pot.
    Yeah well this guy smoked like 5 bong hits per hour at the least. He say's after three days of not smoking his tolerance is back to baseline because his body is so used to it. So yeah, a month he says and it's gnarlier then shrooms. I hope to achieve the same tolerance in a few years. Sounds freakin great.

XIII is offline Registered+
    the last time i heard that phrase i think it was linked with marinol, a THC pill made for cancer patients and such. ive heard that you get reverse tollerance from them, hence the more you take the better they work, i dont understand how it would work for the pill but not for the plant, but hell whatever..

can anyone verify this?

also i think the reason some people need less to get high then they did when they first smoked is the same with how i reacted to cocaine, the first time i did coke it was a tiny bump and didnt feel anything, now after actualy experiancing the actual coke high, the same bump would get me the feel of a slight coke buzz.

i think its because you know exactly what to look for now, while back in the day you probebly wouldent have noticed a slight weed buzz hence you smoke more and get rediculously rediculous and bypass the whole buzz
    Last edited by XIII; Nov-28-2006 at 21:55.
    ~ Enlightened beyond Sanity ~

Too weird to live, too rare to die

Coelho is offline Registered+
    When i started to smoke, needed one whole j to feel stoned. Now, even smoking every day, just two or three hits are enough... i wonder how stoned i could be if remained one week or more without smoking... just wonder, cause i dont have the strenght of will required to do it...

polyzoid is offline Registered
    I dont really get the reverse tolerance with weed. However last night I tripped on shrooms, and it took me only 2 shrooms to trip (and i guess a few bowls and a trip to the hookah bar), where the fisrt time that i had shrooms, it took 6.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast