Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hot or cold water in a bong? Which one?

MangaMan is offline Registered+

Hot or cold water in a bong? Which one?

Does it make a difference whether you use hot or cold water while tokin ya bong? I don't have one so I can't find out myself, so what's up? Does it make a difference in the intensity of hot (boiling) or cold (icy) water as opposed to normal temperatures?

DataMatrix is offline Banned
    The colder the water the easier it is on your throat. If you used hot water it would burn your throat really painfully. If you use ice (with water), then you can take the biggest toke ever.

Put the bong in the freezer, take it out when its cold, add the water and a few ice cubes and toke away!

Polymirize is offline Registered+
    actually, warm water bong hits are amazing.

think of it like a beverage, sometime it's good icy cold, and sometime it's good when it warms you up.
    During the summer, it's all about the ice-catchers, and during the cold months, nothing like bong hits through steaming green tea.

Damn, I'm gonna go make some tea and pack a bowl...

If you claim to have never seen swag that's probably because you're smoking it.

pixel is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by Polymirize

think of it like a beverage, sometime it's good icy cold, and sometime it's good when it warms you up.
    During the summer, it's all about the ice-catchers, and during the cold months, nothing like bong hits through steaming green tea.

hmm never done that.. sounds good maybe i'll give it a try
    Flick your BIC Expand your mind

And when your world seems cold, you got to let your spirit take control.
    Let your soul shine,
    Its better than sunshine,
    Its better than moonshine,
    And damn sure better than rain.
    Lord now people dont mind,
    We all get this way sometimes,
    Gotta let your soul shine, shine till the break of day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mj7PS3k2O1g

MaryjaneMenehune is offline Registered+

dissolve?

I heard somewhere that thc dissolves into the water, but to a lesser degree when put through warm water... I have no evidence to back this up, maybe it is more important when using a vap-bowl in a glass on glass bong....Im not sure, just wondering what you've been able to find out using scientific data. ( i know that water can hold more air when it is cold ie. putting soda in the fridge, but i don't know if this principle carries through for bongs...)
    oh well, both ways get you high
    peace, -mjm
    I will not be held liable for anything...ever.

420purplehaze420 is offline Registered+
    cold water-icy cool hits that make the hits fresh and tasty

warm or hot water-filters out tars better and gives a nice feeling on the throat

I like both but i usually use cold water because i get my water from a water cooler(tap water is not to be trusted) which cools the water while its in there
    No stupid disclaimer here...Im proud I smoke cannabis

slpntrx5 is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by 420purplehaze420
    cold water-icy cool hits that make the hits fresh and tasty

warm or hot water-filters out tars better and gives a nice feeling on the throat

I like both but i usually use cold water because i get my water from a water cooler(tap water is not to be trusted) which cools the water while its in there
    why not use tap water?
    "How do you think they make MORE bread?"
    Quote Originally Posted by ToDrunkToFish View Post
    Make fire, light weed
    + =

yea bong hits r alwayz the best...never tried ice, really want to lol

420purplehaze420 is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by slpntrx5
    why not use tap water?
    tap water has a shitload of cleaners and purifiers in it and im not sure if this is a fact but it has something like iron in it that rotts your teath and fucs up your liver, plus it doesnt take much to contaminate it but mostly because it just tastes right fucking disgusting-city water that is

well water is good though, tastes just like water should....like nothing
    No stupid disclaimer here...Im proud I smoke cannabis

You do realise that iron is a mineral right? Without iron you wouldn't have enough red blood cells. Even copper is a mineral. EVEN SODIUM!

This doesn't mean go around eating metals, because the metals are in an oxidised form (to remove their toxicity), but the minerals in water are oxidised anyway so there is no need to worry about tap water.

s2headhunter is offline Registered+
    and you sound like one of those people that are afraid to walk across those like grid like looking drains....DONT DRINK TAP WATER IT HAS SUCH A MIMIMUL AMOUNT OF CHEMICALS IN IT THAT YOU COULD PROLLY DRINK A POOL AND IT NOT HARM U BUT NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO TAP WATER>...lol man not being a dick just fucking with ya

chillsmoke is offline Registered+
    tap waters bunk
    most of the tap water in mt is ok
    except for the city of butte... with the giant open pit copper mine, the ground water is polluted so far beyond the potential for human consumption that they have to truck in water for the whole city

chillsmoke is offline Registered+
    a few years ago... the element Mercury was seeping through the streets... yes the liquid metal kind of mercury
    was seeping up to the surface of the city streets of butte i got to see it
    it was cool but kinda sad that the area is that polluted and there is so many metals in the ground

tuffgong87 is offline Registered
    Ya I would totally go with the colder water. Also i think there is minimal to no THC loss in the water due to the fact that THC is not water soluble.

RastaKaze is offline Registered+
    Well, I live in New York City... so don't try and tell me my tap water is safe. Much less anyone in this country... The government recycles excess poisons and waste through the public water systems... Who's to say some of these aren't getting through. I ain't gonna drink tap water. And I sure as hell can't see Bush turning on the faucet for a drink.

tokinggreg is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by RastaKaze
    Well, I live in New York City... so don't try and tell me my tap water is safe. Much less anyone in this country... The government recycles excess poisons and waste through the public water systems... Who's to say some of these aren't getting through. I ain't gonna drink tap water. And I sure as hell can't see Bush turning on the faucet for a drink.
    Actually NYC has been tested to have one of the purest tap water supplies in the country. Sure, the salt water surrounding Manhattan isn't clean at all, but the reservoirs are very clean. So drink up.

Goodman3eb is offline Registered+
    Whether or not tap water is dangerous, I still like taking a hit through spring water. Maybe it's just a placebo effect, but it tastes better to me somehow.

That aside, if you have perfect freedom and no real time constraints (i.e. not blazing on the DL or outside), put a pot of water on the stove, and leave it at a nice simmer-- not boiling, but hotter than you'd want to drink, anyway. That way, whenever your water starts to cool down, you can just pour it out and add some fresh water!

Bong hits through that kind of water are just... fantastic. The steam feels great in your throat, and the hit just goes down like a lungful of tropical air. I'd imagine hot green tea would be even nicer.

On the other hand, a chilly hit on the rocks can be damn refreshing on a summer night with some friends. You can't lose either way.
    Quote Originally Posted by stayblazed88
    does anyone know what bad effects smokin weed sprayed with raid has on you?
    I've been jailed
    And my phone's been bugged
    But I'm still winning the war on drugs

--OPM, War on Drugs

MaryjaneMenehune is offline Registered+
    I like hitting a bong with ice and fruit2o or some similar "flavored water" type dealy thing...tasty
    peace, -mjm
    I will not be held liable for anything...ever.

welshkillabee is offline Registered+
    In the summer I usually use freezing cold with ice in the catcher but then again its great throught hot water as well...

Reefer Rogue is offline Registered+
    Cold.
    PEACE

'Why should one be judged by the colour of their skin, instead of the qualities they show from deep within?' - Peter Tosh

If they dont instantly know what you are talking about just walk away.
    Kraloth:
    http://boards.cannabis.com/recreatio...rger-then.html

Quote Originally Posted by Goodman3eb
    Whether or not tap water is dangerous, I still like taking a hit through spring water. Maybe it's just a placebo effect, but it tastes better to me somehow.

That aside, if you have perfect freedom and no real time constraints (i.e. not blazing on the DL or outside), put a pot of water on the stove, and leave it at a nice simmer-- not boiling, but hotter than you'd want to drink, anyway. That way, whenever your water starts to cool down, you can just pour it out and add some fresh water!

Bong hits through that kind of water are just... fantastic. The steam feels great in your throat, and the hit just goes down like a lungful of tropical air. I'd imagine hot green tea would be even nicer.

On the other hand, a chilly hit on the rocks can be damn refreshing on a summer night with some friends. You can't lose either way.
    You are right about the taste, but not the damage caused. Spring water is more fresh and purified so it would taste better.

Quote Originally Posted by Polymirize

I never said warm water bong hits weren't amazing, I said that HOT water bong hits would hurt your throat.

halo is offline Registered+
    I live in kansas city and our tap water is supposed to be some of the best. I dont care though cause i mostly drink milk but when i drink water its usually bottled spring water (tastes so good). Tap water i think would be fine in a bong. You aren't purposely drinking the water are you?

Polymirize is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by DataMatrix
    I never said warm water bong hits weren't amazing, I said that HOT water bong hits would hurt your throat.
    I'm calling bullshit on that. Or have you tried hitting a bong through boiling water? Obviously some common sense is required, but you can use water that's hotter than you'd enjoy drinking. If anything, the steam makes it more soothing...

ahhh...
    If you claim to have never seen swag that's probably because you're smoking it.

Oh yeah so what your saying is that boiling hot steam (that usually burns my hand if I put it over a kettle when boiling) wont hurt your throat?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast