Thread: Wizard of Oz+Dark Side of the Moon=?

PaulCT7 is offline Registered+

Wizard of Oz+Dark Side of the Moon=?

Anyone else heard about listening to the album Dark Side of the Moon by Pink Floyd while watching The Wizard of Oz? You play the album exactly when the lion roars for the third time, and the scenes and songs line up very well. I was sober when we were watching it, and it was still pretty trippy, so I can't imagine what it would be like under the influence.

Has anyone else heard of this, or tried it for that matter?

I plan on trying it again next weekend after a heavy session.

Paul

Frivolous248 is offline Registered+
    Yeah, I've heard about it too. Sounds neato. I don't own a copy of the Wizard Of Oz though, or have even seen the movie! So I can't try it. Sounds cool, maybe I'll try it if I ever find a copy in my possesion.

homemade is offline Registered+
    im looking for it on limewire or something...pain in the keester trying to time it perf all the time
    are you a novice pot smoker..need to learn? go to www.smokerscorner.piczo.com

toker22 is offline Registered+
    holy shit, yeah i downloaded a thing where it has the album as the audio and the video as wizard of oz, its not edited to fit or anything though, and its ridiculous, i've actually only watched parts of it while sober or maybe a little stoned but its crazy how things line up and how much the music effects the mood of the scene, like scenes that are supposed to be happy seem really creepy or like characters that are supposed to be a certain way seem different cause of the music, everybody should see this at some point its crazy
    "The drunk driver blows right through the stop sign, the stoned driver waits for it to turn green."
    --Bill Hicks

hempsmoker25 is offline Registered+
    hell yea i tried it a while ago and it was badass, playing the two together is right up there with pink floyd the wall.

Trichocereus Panza is offline Registered+
    It also works with the Easy Star All-Stars album "Dub Side of the Moon." The reggae cover tunes of the whole album go awesome with MJ. They also recorded their album intentionally to synch up with the movie.

If you think about it, this whole phenomenon makes Dark Side like a totally different concept album. The band never affirmed or denied that they did it on purpose, but Roger Waters was always "mysteriously silent" when asked the question.

You can also buy a DVD with the Dark Side audio already PERFECTLY synched here: http://members.cox.net/stegokitty/dsotr_pages/dsotr.htm

Or search ebay for "Dark Side of the Rainbow"

slpntrx5 is offline Registered+
    holy hell, i love the oz scene when she steps into munchkinland and "money" starts playing! lol i always just stare at it's infinite coolness!
    "How do you think they make MORE bread?"
    Quote Originally Posted by ToDrunkToFish View Post
    Make fire, light weed
    + =

daima is offline Registered+
    I have the PF CD that is made to be played to the WOOZ. Very neat but the timing has to be right. I won it on a radio sation. very neat, but years old.

dai*ma

Nochowderforyou is offline Registered+
    Me, my bro, and a co-worker, when I was 17, did this after work one nigh, all wreacked on some beers, some herb, and some shrooms. I can safely say, for those 2hrs, I felt like I was IN the movie. I was dancing with all midgets man! I swear.

enthused is offline Registered+
    I downloaded a copy of Wizard of Oz with DSOTM already implemented as the sound a few months ago. It is pretty cool, I wish it went through the whole movie though.
    All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be.
    -Pink Floyd

"If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite."
    -William Blake

Anything posted by enthused is for entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously.

Trichocereus Panza is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by enthused
    I wish it went through the whole movie though.
    You CAN actually play it through the whole movie, which is what most people don't realize. Just pause the film after the album plays through for the first time, and restart the album at the same time as you unpause the film.

In some ways, the 2nd time through is even better

Genuine17 is offline Registered+
    yeah ive done it all the way through i just put the album in windows media player on repeat it was intense
    Quote Originally Posted by pbzeppelin90 View Post
    its the principle of the thing. you start taking cum shots, soon every fucker in the neighborhood will be knocking at your door (probably not really). seriously tho, thats just gross. semen is semen, know matter what vessel it came from.

Mmmmkay, who put all this cotton in my mouth?" ~ Mr. Macky

TheAtomicPunk is offline Registered+
    I've done this before, it's pretty cool

hex.shaman is offline Registered+
    I just did it tonight. Really awesome. Took a little bit for me to get all rigged up to hear the sound and play the movie. Figured it out after not to long (don't have a stand alone CD player by the TV) I was stoned and enjoyed it. With money playing when she got to Oz I felt like the nice which was a pimp when she poped in with her cain and was all nice about there being a dead body and then all the munchkins were there like her little hos. hahaha it was great.
    Wow, those guys are going crazy... Wait, you seem em too, right? -- Josh