Thread: Freezing weed...

WeekenD TokeR is offline Registered+

Question Freezing weed...

Ok, this may sound like a stupid question to the more educated members of this board, but I wanna turn my buds a pretty purple colour just for the fun of it. If I chuck 'em in the freezer for a couple of hours, overnight even, will this do it? And if so, will it kill the potency? Please note that they have already been picked and all, it's not like I'm throwin' a growin plant in there. Just curious. Any answers shall be appreciated.
    Stoned smilies are cool!

"No one gives you the right to be an asshole. You're born with that right." -Anon

On the topic of midget police officers:
    People could just run away from them, I don't think midget's can run very fast.

LIP
    LIP is offline Banned
    Im not sure about turning it purple, although i have heard it does from another member. It wont kill potency, but it'll make the trichs fall off as you handle it.

asintx is offline Registered+

Frozen Pot

I keep all my pot, save an ounce at a time, in the freezer. I keep it in tupperware. It has never turned purple. I don't think the freezing seems to affect its potency or anything.

I have a new foodsaver--the vacuum packer thingy. Next batch I am going to try it and see how it does.
    ASINTX

Pride is offline Registered+
    No, it will NOT turn purple. But freezing is an excellent method to preserve your stash.
    Friend of mine always keeps it in the freezer and everytime I come over and smoke it, it's always some of the strongest weed I've ever smoked.
    He also has a big bag of ice and I came up with the idea to hide the stash under the bag of ice which keeps it even colder.
    Until I have my own apartment, I would put weed in the freezer.

Oneironaut is offline Registered+
    There's no way to turn your bud purple except painting it, or maybe dipping it in grape juice, and I don't think you want to do either of those. Putting it in the freezer will just make it cold.

daima is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by WeekenD TokeR
    Ok, this may sound like a stupid question to the more educated members of this board, but I wanna turn my buds a pretty purple colour just for the fun of it. If I chuck 'em in the freezer for a couple of hours, overnight even, will this do it? And if so, will it kill the potency? Please note that they have already been picked and all, it's not like I'm throwin' a growin plant in there. Just curious. Any answers shall be appreciated.
    Your cannabis had a chance to turn purple if introduced to colder temps while growing. Now that it's too late for that? freezing is a good way to stop decomposition, like it does all vegetable matter.
    LIP is right. When trichomes get cold they fall of much easier.
    When you see brown cannabis it is because decompostion has taken place. ALL cannabis is green until it is picked, and then it starts to lose its chlorophyll(sp). FReezing slows this natural process down.

dai*ma

CrAzYpOtHeAd is offline Banned
    If you chuck your bud in the freezer. when u take it out all the THC crystals will fall off. All you will do is ruin your bud, even if it does make it purple, it wont get u high so its just a WASTE of weed.

daima is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by CrAzYpOtHeAd
    If you chuck your bud in the freezer. when u take it out all the THC crystals will fall off. All you will do is ruin your bud, even if it does make it purple, it wont get u high so its just a WASTE of weed.
    Thas not quite right Crazypothead.
    Even though you could lose some trichomes due to falling off, freezing will not ruin your bud. As a matter of fact if you store your bud in the freezer the trichomes that do fall off are retrievable. Ya just have to look in the bottom of your jar, baggie, or what ever else you are storing it in and scrape them out. It's very simple. Freezing your cannabis allows your cannabis to remain potent and fresh.

dai*ma

Big Calhoun is offline Registered+
    COOL! I had the same question regarding freezing and potency. I'm trying to get a source but my wife and I will be doing IVF soon. In Vitro Fertilization for you youngins. So I'll have to stay clean for a minute and was wondering what would be the best way to preserve everything. Muy excellente!!