Thread: Resin Collecting

Mr Greenthumb is offline Registered+

Resin Collecting

I've been toying around with the idea of putting a long metal rod in one of my pipes and leaving it in there until it collects enough resin on it to just pull it out and clean it off. I'm pretty sure in would work.

Any other ideas for maximum resin collection?
    The only things that are important to me can fit in a bowl.
    Get high and when your done, get higher!
    May all those who love the high be blessed with Fire, A Pipe and Fine Smokables.
    Mr. Greenthumb always has a plan man. The plan for today? Why, flyin with the birds of course.
    If you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife. Go for my personal point of view and get an ugly girl to marry you.

tier 2 is offline Registered+
    i used to have this little sneak-a-toke. it was my first pipe. it was metal and had a little screw on lid and everything. you could unscrew all the parts and just scrape off tons of fucking resin from everywhere. i'd use an exacto and get every little bit out every month or so. after 420 a couple years ago, i hadn't cleaned it in a while and it was starting to drag on hits, i opened it up and cleaned it and came up with like 3 gs of resin. it was insane. so if your big on collecting your resin, by a little metal piece, or make one with like plumbing parts, and just hit away.

on the opposite end of the spectrum, whats the best method to get rid of resin from a glass pipe? ive heard salt and alcohol...anyone got a good idea? I don't need to keep the resin, so whatever method, i just want it out.

LIP
    LIP is offline Banned
    Erm,

Dishwasher

Hot water

Alcohol

Salty water

BobMaRleYIsGodLY is offline Registered+
    if you want to collect it just go buy one of them metal pipes that break down into like 4 pieces....they seem to get alot of resin really fast an they are really easy to clean...but they taste horrible after a while

Big Calhoun is offline Registered+
    In college, a friend of mine used to put in a good sized bud or two into the chamber of the pipe. Not an entire bud, but like a good nugget sized chunk. He'd let the resin collect on it, pull it out, and smoke on it. Wasn't bad.

Cleaning resin from glass...alcohol.

Eshelmen is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by LIP
    Erm,

Dishwasher

Hot water

Alcohol

Salty water
    dude he wants to collect resin.. not clean the pipe!!

"Drugs are a bet with your mind."
    -Jim Morrison

ChronicMike is offline Registered+
    When you said 420 tier it gave me a idea.....to collect all my resin untill 420 and smoke a bunch of big resin balls.
    A spliff a day keeps the blues away.

420Dank is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by Eshelmen View Post
    dude he wants to collect resin.. not clean the pipe!!

actually na he doesnt want to keep the resin.
    he just wants it out of his glass piece.

Pepdog07 is offline Registered+
    Best way to collect resin and clean ur pipe at the same time is placing the piece in medium hot water on the stove top VERY carefully using bbq flipper tongs. Every little smidgen of resin will slowly leak out of the pipe but to speed the process up, once agian VERY carefully pick the piece up and turn the smoking end downward so all the resin drips into the water. Once everythings out take the pipe out and collect ur resin with a butter knife or whatever u like. let it dry for a lil bit and then ur ready to smoke