Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Milk for Bong water would it work?

fiend4green is offline Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake Martinez
    Okay, the milk is not going to absorb ANY more THC than water would.

Let me explain.

THC, as a liquid or a solid, is fat soluble. As a gas, however, it isn't. Why? BECAUSE GASSES DON'T MIX WITH SOLIDS OR LIQUIDS! That's why. Even if you took a solid chunk of some element and threw it in a room filled with a gas it happens to be highly reactive with, it's unlikely to have too much of a reaction.

But just because THC is fat-soluble doesn't mean its gas (which is what you smoke) is going to get caught up in the milk. Solubility isn't a chemical reaction by ANY means. It just means the THC sticks to itself just as well as it sticks to fat

So, the gist of this post is that using milk isn't going to take any more THC, even if you used olive oil, than using water. That's because the only THC that gets stuck in bongfluid is THC that's been cooled to the point of becoming a liquid or even a solid.

Hope that helped
    Not true, using alcohol and fatty liquids as bong water will diminish the THC levels of the inhaled smoke. I don't want people to take your advice and believe they can go around using anything. Use Vodka next time, might as well flush the weed down the toilet.

Man you cant just throw weed into milk and expect the thc to just get extracted by itself. You need heat to extract THC to fat....like cooking brownies...cause if it was that easy i would just eat bud with everything instead of smoking...or make some weed chocolate milk
    Well as a matter of fact this thread is about using milk as BONG WATER, so the THC will have already been extracted into the smoke. Also, you CAN make weed chocolate milk. If you want the recipe, let me know.
    Last edited by fiend4green; Jun-13-2006 at 17:14.

3rdEyeVision is offline Registered+
    if you put your weed into a frying pan for a bit(maybe a dab of olive oil to be safe) you can put it into like anything.

go toke up is offline Registered+
    i just got on and i saw this thread and i was like.... wtf?!
    get high in this motha fucka
    420 Crew

Quote Originally Posted by RHODE h1ghSLANDER View Post
    then his 1-eyed, 3-legged dog that got hit by a car came over and started licking my hand..lol this thing seriously shouldve been put down..it was the first time i saw it, i just started giggling uncontrollably and my friends all looked over at me with death stares..i couldnt stop, it mustve gone on for 5 m,inutes just laughing at this dog...

FireRazor is offline Registered+
    Okay, the milk is not going to absorb ANY more THC than water would.

Let me explain.

THC, as a liquid or a solid, is fat soluble. As a gas, however, it isn't. Why? BECAUSE GASSES DON'T MIX WITH SOLIDS OR LIQUIDS! That's why. Even if you took a solid chunk of some element and threw it in a room filled with a gas it happens to be highly reactive with, it's unlikely to have too much of a reaction.

But just because THC is fat-soluble doesn't mean its gas (which is what you smoke) is going to get caught up in the milk. Solubility isn't a chemical reaction by ANY means. It just means the THC sticks to itself just as well as it sticks to fat

So, the gist of this post is that using milk isn't going to take any more THC, even if you used olive oil, than using water. That's because the only THC that gets stuck in bongfluid is THC that's been cooled to the point of becoming a liquid or even a solid.

Hope that helped
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronus76
    He really wanted a scale, so like all high schoolers, he decided to steal one from the school. He finaly got the courage up, and did it. he called me over that night to show it to me because he couldn't get it working. When i got there, it wasn't a scale, it was one of those balancing things that weighed the MASS of an object. Good thing, now my buddy can sell weed according to how much water it displaces, nice going dipshit.

FireRazor is offline Registered+
    Prove it.

Physics is on my side.
    I don't know why people find it hard to face facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronus76
    He really wanted a scale, so like all high schoolers, he decided to steal one from the school. He finaly got the courage up, and did it. he called me over that night to show it to me because he couldn't get it working. When i got there, it wasn't a scale, it was one of those balancing things that weighed the MASS of an object. Good thing, now my buddy can sell weed according to how much water it displaces, nice going dipshit.

Prove it.

Physics is on my side.
    I don't know why people find it hard to face facts.
    I'm guessing you aren't very advanced in your physics learnings? I'm also guessing the second guy doesn't understand the meaning of the word 'fact'.

Well with one quick search this is what I got on wikipedia.

Even though THC and other cannabinoids are alcohol-soluble, such a small area of the smoke (i.e. the surface of the bubbles) comes into contact with the bong water that it is negligible.
    Therefore, the reasoning is that while THC is absorbed in the alcohol, it is only a small amount because of the small surface area of the bubble and the majority of the THC is inside the bubble. Minimal amounts of THC are still lost though, so looks like your gr 2 physics has been debunked.

I'll go get more studies.

I won't let me edit my post so here's Henry's law:

The solubility of a gas in a liquid is directly proportional to the pressure of that gas above the surface of the solution.

Ok, well it looks as though gasses ARE soluble in liquids. Who would have thought? Oh yea, the entire CHEMISTRY community.

I've got more... to quote a chemistry site:

The heat absorbed or released when a gas dissolves in liquid has essentially two contributions:

1.Energy is absorbed to open a pocket in the solvent. Solvent molecules attract each other. Pulling them apart to make a cavity will require energy, and heat is absorbed in this step for most solvents. Water is a special case- it already contains open holes in its network of loose hydrogen bonds around room temperature. For water, very little heat is required to create pockets that can hold gas molecules.
    2.Energy is released when a gas molecule is popped into the pocket. Intermolecular attractions between the gas molecule and the surrounding solvent molecules lower its energy, and heat is released. The stronger the attractions are, the more heat is released. Water is capable of forming hydrogen bonds with some gases, while organic solvents often can't. A larger amount of heat is released when a gas molecule is placed in the pocket in water than in organic solvents.
    Hopefully that part in bold will give you an idea as to just how wrong your chemistry learnings have been. And considering I majored in Math but took all Chemistry courses I could with my electives... well, judging from the age of the dude in your avatar I'd say you aren't that far yet.

Please, don't masquerade your uneducated assumptions as facts!

Now I guess I'm dubbed as a jerk now even though I got called out by two members who had no clue what they were talking about.
    Last edited by fiend4green; Jun-14-2006 at 08:22.

Adam01 is offline Registered+
    BECAUSE GASSES DON'T MIX WITH SOLIDS OR LIQUIDS!
    Wait. Have you ever drank a can of soda? You know those bubbles? That's a gas. The soda itself? A liquid. When soda fizzes, that's the gasses being released from the liquids. Just out of curiosity, are you stupid?

Strikerrr is offline Registered+
    Yo i dare you to drink the bong water after you smoke it. do it.
    Pass The Dutchie On The Left Hand Side

Yo I smoke blunts.

Wu-tang clan ain't nothing to fuck with!

criom is offline Registered+
    i agree, drink the milk bong water

youll never smoke weed again after that

(or likely live) you will get sooooo sick for days

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12