Cannabis.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Joint or Pipe?

Wishville is offline Registered+

Joint or Pipe?

A friend told me that a pipe will get you higher than a joint but before I had a pipe I used to smoke joints and I remember getting a lot higher. This may be because my tolerance was lower but I thought I'd ask you guys what you think. So which gets you higher? A Joint or a glass pipe?

P.S. Sorry if this has already been discussed
    You can be your own god if you want to.

2. Cannabis Seeds | Cannabis Seeds

Cannabis Seeds Delivered World Wide, Top Free Seeds with ALL orders. 

Medical Marijuana Dispensary Finder

Medical Marijuana Directory

U4E uh is offline Registered+
    Usually joints get me higher becuase the hits are a lot harder, but I still don't prefer them becuase I find myself smoking all of my weed at once when it comes in a joint.

ThatTokenWhiteGuy is offline Registered+
    I'd say they're pretty close for me. Pipe might be slightly more efficient if it's a decent glass. Probably 2 bowls to get me as stoned as a personal joint and the joint might take a bit more weed. Although, some people post around here that joints have one of the highest THC transfer rates. So I'll say, pipes are slightly more efficient for me.
    Release my moral shackles and beware the fury you've unleashed

Pride is offline Registered+
    Joints get you higher.. it's something about the paper that does it.

well my bowl just isnt doing the job and I dont want to have to smoke two fat bowls just to be satisfied

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Martinez
    Get better weed?
    Lower your tolerance?

Joints get you a little higher but not incredibly so.
    I can't really get much better weed seeing as how I'm smoking Northern Lights and I just went over a month without smoking so my tolerance should be pretty low.

Up In Smoke 420 is offline Registered+
    It would have to be bowls for me. For some reason I just never get as high off joints compared to bowls.
    "I get inspiration everyday, from everything." -Bradley Nowell

Maniac777 is offline Registered+
    Well depends, joint get you slightly higher, at a larger cost of weed, but they are easier and less hassle..

So technically, joints get you higher, though at a fairly steep price, I guess a glass blunt would work best.
    We Shall Rise Up, We The Forgotton Ones, We Smoke, Therefore We Are, And Therefore We Are Pissed, Get Out Of Our Way, We Dont Like Being Pushed Around, We Shall Overcome, We Shall Destroy Anything In Our Path, We Are The Stoners Of The World, And We Demand Equality.

Reefer Rogue is offline Registered+
    Joints have more weed in them then bowls. Therefore, joints should get you higher.
    PEACE

'Why should one be judged by the colour of their skin, instead of the qualities they show from deep within?' - Peter Tosh

If they dont instantly know what you are talking about just walk away.
    Kraloth:
    http://boards.cannabis.com/recreatio...rger-then.html

Quote Originally Posted by Reefer Rogue
    Joints have more weed in them then bowls. Therefore, joints should get you higher.
    Not necessarily, alot of the weed in blunts and joints burn before you get a chance to smoke it.
    We Shall Rise Up, We The Forgotton Ones, We Smoke, Therefore We Are, And Therefore We Are Pissed, Get Out Of Our Way, We Dont Like Being Pushed Around, We Shall Overcome, We Shall Destroy Anything In Our Path, We Are The Stoners Of The World, And We Demand Equality.

josh g is offline Registered+
    If the pipe has a big chamber and a carb maybe, than means you get bigger hits.
    It doesnt really matter which one you use, all that matters is how much u ultimately consume...
    "Dream big, you may never wake up..."

-Snoop Dogg

WeedLovingVeteran is offline Registered+
    Right I have had 6 very niceeee joints already this morning and its on 10am. But I just made a make shift bong from a two litre bottle of coke, tin foil, straw and a pen and I am considerably more blitzed.

My head goes all over the place when I get fucked in the morning.....I still have loads of shit to do but Im far too blitzed and dont really want to move. Exept to the kitchen for a FAT munch.

Toodle O

Kezmondo is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by Pride
    Joints get you higher.. it's something about the paper that does it.
    Paper never got anyone high dude. But joints are better than pipes for gettin higher, pipes take longer for me
    Peace

Reefer Rogue is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by Maniac777
    Not necessarily, alot of the weed in blunts and joints burn before you get a chance to smoke it.

Yes, THC is always burning away when smoking a joint. How much do we lose? Who knows. I was just saying if you were smoking say 0.3 in a bowl and like 0.7 in a joint, then the joint would prob get you higher. Even though it's constantly burning if you're consuming then there should be little loss.
    PEACE

'Why should one be judged by the colour of their skin, instead of the qualities they show from deep within?' - Peter Tosh

If they dont instantly know what you are talking about just walk away.
    Kraloth:
    http://boards.cannabis.com/recreatio...rger-then.html

KEGS is offline Registered+
    Most of the time i smoke joint's but when i'm at the house i'll
    smoke a few bowels but i dont like the tast when it get's too dirty
    I guss if I had a nice glass Bong I would smoke out of that most
    of the time.
    Have a Great Day Peace
    G

Big Calhoun is offline Registered+
    My experience has been that a joint will get you higher. Typically, a joint is about 2 or 3 bowls worth of herb. So you figure if you take that to the head, you're definately smoking more than just a bowl. However, I prefer pipes to help control the odor.

JerryGarcia is offline Registered+
    Since joints are continually burning, they will waste weed, so it will probably take more weed to get high.
    "Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived, or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed?"
    -Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Reefer Rogue
    Yes, THC is always burning away when smoking a joint. How much do we lose? Who knows. I was just saying if you were smoking say 0.3 in a bowl and like 0.7 in a joint, then the joint would prob get you higher. Even though it's constantly burning if you're consuming then there should be little loss.
    But bowels can easily make up the diff, even if it does end up being just a lil nug saved, thats good weed, never let good weed go to waste, thats like Stoner Morals #2

Though there is something to be said of having a good pre-rolled joint all to yourself.

Cloud997 is offline Registered+
    I commonly use a bowl, it's quicker, cleaner, and more efficient. I'll smoke a joint or a blunt on certain occasions, and I generally get hit really hard from the joint, but that is because I smoke a lot more green when smoking a J than I do using a bowl, so I don't really have a preference, I guess I was unhelpful, sorry.
    "It has always been my rule never to smoke when asleep, and never to refrain when awake." -Mark Twain

tajinternational is offline Registered

4hous2tx0 is offline Registered+
    i smoke 2 joints after i smoke 2 joints and then i smoke 2 more...
    -spm
    t0k3 t!ll y0u ch0k3 & d0nt 4g3t 2 !nh@l3 cuz !f y0u d0nt c0ugh y0u d0nt g3t 0ff

johnnyAKABob is offline Registered+
    it depends on where you are. you cant always get away with smoking a pipe. and it depends on if you kick back and have a nice smoke or just get stoned really quickly because a pipe is over oh so quickly

BDubz26062 is offline Registered+
    smoke a blunt

willystylle is offline Registered+
    If you are surround by idiots, smoke a pipe. If they catch a whiff of the herb, just tell them that pipe tobacco stinks anyway. I prefer joints simply because they're easier to smoke, easier to hide and are much more portable than a pipe. If I'm smoking a jay outside the local malls and I see a pig coming my way, it's easy just to flick the jay away (you can even find them later if you know where it landed.) Pipes are pipes and not easy to conceal in a hurry. On the other hand a pipe will get me more goofed than a joint.

joint = 9/10
    pipe = 6/10
    insert witty comment here

plastik is offline Registered+

Theres plenty of reasons why a pipe is better than a rolled join or blunt...

1. Joints are always lit, therefor always burning the plant material and THC. The 'cherry' part of a joint has pretty much exhausted all of the THC that is in the burning plant material. The only THC you mostly get is the new material burned when you puff and draw the fire to burn down the joint some more, the THC in the cherry is already burned up mostly. I could be wrong, But I have heard you can lose 50% or more of your THC smoking through a joint.

2. Paper is bad for your lungs, and alters the taste of the plant material.

3. Blunt Paper is Definately bad for your lungs. And I've seen pot smoking only people start smoking cigarettes from smoking tobacco leaf blunts soo much.

4. With a pipe, you can control how much of a hit you get without hotboxing a joint for a bigger hit. You can get a larger hit from a pipe than a joint or blunt. And you also can easily exstinguish the fire, unlike a joint or blunt where you basicly have to put out the cherry by squishing and grinding it in an ash tray, and losing plant material. (unless you have one of those little tubs you place cigs in to put them out) You'd be surprised how much you can save if you don't waste as much. Most people just take a puff and immediately blow it out, losing ALOT of the product into thin air. Smoke joints when you go out, so you can transport it easier and conceal it easier...Smoke bowls at home. You can always end up smoking less and getting the same high out of a pipe, than anything rolled. Also, you are tasting the true taste of what you are smoking, and it is better for you since you aren't smoking anything but straight bud. And if you save up and get enough resin, you can make a nice potent extract.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast