Thread: Smoking Tinfoil Bad?

miamiorange13 is offline Registered

Smoking Tinfoil Bad?

Okay my bong just broke and now, i am resorting to homemade bongs with bowls made outta tinfoil. Does anyone know if this is bad for you. I heard that if you eat tinfoil it can give you sometype of cancer. Please let me know

JerryGarcia is offline Registered+
    Tinfoil's bad, but aluminum foil's okay.
    "Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived, or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed?"
    -Hunter S. Thompson

FreeWeed4Me is offline Registered
    i ahve no idea, if i were you, use a popcan

no aluminum is bad, period. soft metals are generally very toxic, that includes (but not limited to) copper, lead and aluminum (not sure about 'tin' but i'd just generally stay away from it, look for nickel, or steel).

aluminum has been studied (effects of smoking it) and has shown to increase chances of getting alzheimers disease... which you definately don't want.... i realize some people cannot buy bongs, but don't just settle for something that's unsafe because you can't.

go to your local hardware store, there is EVERYTHING you could possibly need to build a bong in there, and a damn good one, for cheap as hell... just use your imagination, start with finding the 'body' of the bong, then go looking for a stem/bowl slide combination, or just a bowl (that can atleast be unscrewed) and put a carb on it... don't risk your health just to smoke...

remember steel or nickel (i know there are other metals but i can't think of any right now) hope this helps

edit, use no cans, they are generally made of aluminum...

LIP
    LIP is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryGarcia
    Tinfoil's bad, but aluminum foil's okay.
    Wtf .. Do you even know what your on about?

Tin foil normally has aluminum in it...

Tin foil is bad. Dont smoke out of it.

Faultydesign is offline Registered+
    it's been said before....soft metals that burn at a low temp release fumes...metal fumes are harmful to your body.
    Be mild with the mild, shrewd with the crafty, confiding to the honest, rough to the ruffian, and a thunderbolt to the liar. But in all this, never be unmindful of your own dignity.
    John Brown

ChronicMike is offline Registered+
    Foil is bad, just smoke a joint or wait till you get a piece.
    A spliff a day keeps the blues away.

JerryGarcia is offline Registered+
    I just realized that a good-shaped teapot would make a killer bong.
    "Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived, or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed?"
    -Hunter S. Thompson

i just remembered something... you can use socket wrenches for bowls, try to find brand new ones, but ifyou can't, make sure you clean that bitch good...

Don Don is offline Registered+
    Brass is the greatest.

free bird is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknotpsycho
    i just remembered something... you can use socket wrenches for bowls, try to find brand new ones, but ifyou can't, make sure you clean that bitch good...
    yes i made one using those and some screen

Quote Originally Posted by Don Don
    Brass is the greatest.
    thank you! i've been racking my brain i knew there was a nother 'main' metal that could be used, i forgot brass lol.

holysmokin is offline Registered+
    ^^"Brass is the greatest"

No, this is another soft metal
    "Two of my Favorite things are, sitting on my porch smoking a pipeful of sweet hemp and playing my Harmonica"

-A. Lincoln 1855

amen

You should have shouted "For fuck sake, cant a guy get stoned in peace!!"

MrGreenFingaz is offline Registered+

Thumbs up

BOO YEA! i cant wait till i get my alzheimers! i did my share of hurtin bong smokin back in the day LOL

Quote Originally Posted by holysmokin
    ^^"Brass is the greatest"

No, this is another soft metal
    but brass can be safely used, hell atleast a 1/4 of what i've seen in headshops/websites was made from brass... or had a brass bowl (i.e. acrylic bong with brass bowl) i still had a brass bowl til about 5 months ago when i let my little brother have it... look it up if you don't believe me.

toothpaste100 is offline Registered+
    boo, stick with glass or ceramic over metal.
    if you have no headshop near you, then I could see you using metal, but it is NOWHERE near as close to the clean smoke of inert glass.

you knwo there are plenty of reasons not use glass and metal instead, when are some of you just going to learn that not everyone needs/wants glass... if someone wants metal, don't belittle them for it...