Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: can't get a joint to keep lit

dejayou30 is offline Registered+

can't get a joint to keep lit

i rolled like the 3rd joint i've ever rolled with KB and for some reason, i can't get it to keep burning, like it always goes out and i don't know why, because i've rolled a million joints the same with with schwag and it burns smooth every time. i use a rolling machine because i don't know how to do it by hand. it looks perfect but never stays lit. i don't know what the deal is. the weed and the papers are plenty dry. anyone ever had this problem and know how to curtail it?

jrbennett is offline Registered+
    It might be fresh weed I had it happen once. The next day it burned fine. I think it might have been because the weed sat for a while.

Khronic is offline Registered+
    Just roll it, and if it won't burn put it in a tin for 4-14+ Hours and you should be all set to burn'.

Khronic

huh
    huh is offline Registered+
    it might be too tight
    wanna get high?

hempman666 is offline Registered+
    light the joint until theres actually a flame at the tip of it try that i dunno wat to tell u if that dont work (ur weeds probably to wet )
    Why is marijuana against the law? It grows naturally upon our planet. Doesn't the idea of making nature against the law seem to you a bit . . . unnatural?Ē

soldier1944 is offline Registered+
    its cuz of the type of weed it is..use a bong

SirReal is offline Registered+
    huh is right, when using rolling machines they generally roll blunts/joints too tight, to fix this problem, just roll the joint in between your fingers to loosen it up, if weed falls out the ends you know its working, if it doesnt it is probably still working, before you light it see how easy it is to breathe through, because the easier it is to breathe, the easier it will be to get a hit.

bobmarleyjr. is offline Registered+
    maybe there isnt enough weed in it? prolly that or ya it's to tight, jus roll it by hand and make it kinda loose and see how it burns...

Quote Originally Posted by soldier1944
    its cuz of the type of weed it is..use a bong
    no it's not ive smoked KB plenty in a joint it's fine its not that

myselfandi is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by dejayou30
    i rolled like the 3rd joint i've ever rolled with KB and for some reason, i can't get it to keep burning, like it always goes out and i don't know why, because i've rolled a million joints the same with with schwag and it burns smooth every time. i use a rolling machine because i don't know how to do it by hand. it looks perfect but never stays lit. i don't know what the deal is. the weed and the papers are plenty dry. anyone ever had this problem and know how to curtail it?
    you sure you're not rolling it too tightly? i've caught myself doing that lots of times

yeah i roll it with a nice consistency every time, never too loose or too tight, it just won't stay lit. i have left weed in my grinder overnight and rolled with it the next day and it still doesn't stay lit. it must just be the kind of weed. weird.

Dutch Masta is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by jrbennett
    It might be fresh weed I had it happen once. The next day it burned fine. I think it might have been because the weed sat for a while.
    It must have been wet, so thats why it had time to dry and burn correctly.

A lot of shady dealers wet it to weigh it down more.

Anyway, the machine is probably messed up. Do it by hand and distribute the weed evenly throughout the entire joint/blunt always.
    petes couch till i'm 86

orangeman is offline Banned
    Never happens to me. Try to burn it and suck out of it at the same time. I dunno, usually gets more smoke in my mouth and does a better job with joints that wont stay lit. This worked the first couple of times I rolled J's unsuccessfully but luckly that never happens to me now .

MeHeartGanja is offline Registered+
    put the weed directly under your desklight and dry it out for 30 mins.
    if not, mix it with a little tobacco, which burns easily and helps keep the joint lit.

Web Smoker is offline Registered+
    i hate wen that happenes thats why i smoke blunts even if its the size of a joint it burns better notmatter wat
    "If it turns out that cannabis is the cure for cancer and the government suppressed this information for 25 years and continues to suppress it, then the body count alone will make this the biggest holocaust in recorded history," Cushing writes
    <br> any posts made by me are purely fictional and are not real<br>
    Smoke weed every day

i know its not wet weed, because i got it from one of my long time friends that i went to high school with and i know he wouldn't sell me shit. he only smokes and sells the chronic, except for the rare occasion he sells mids, but he never smokes anything but the chronic. i am goin to roll it in a blunt paper and leave it under my desk light to dry for a while and see what happens. thanks for all the help guys.

chris40 is offline Registered+
    Just wave your lighter over the whole thing for awhile before you spark it, but be careful not to burn the paper.
    Here's to the hearts and the hands of the men,
    that come with thte dust and are gone with the wind.

alpha kenny wun is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by MeHeartGanja
    put the weed directly under your desklight and dry it out for 30 mins.
    if not, mix it with a little tobacco, which burns easily and helps keep the joint lit.

I have to agree, rolling tobaco like TOPS or whatever else, not pipe tobacco. It burns evenly, and Ive never had one go out on me. You could use a pinch to keep it burning or use a lot as a filler for cones or bigger joints. Thats how I saw it done alot in Europe, but not in the US as much.
    "Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoined and the last fish has been caught will we realize that we can't eat money"
    -Cree proverb

I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death.

It will be a great day when our schools get all the money they need and the air force has to hold a bake sale to buy a bomber.

well i let it sit under my desk lamp for about 30 minutes and then took a long nap, around 5 hours or so. i woke up, let it sit another 30 under the light and then a couple hours without light. then i took it on the roof to smoke it, waved it through the lighter flame a few times and it STILL didn't stay lit. i give up. looks like i'll just have to smoke bowls.

NightProwler is offline Registered+
    well personally i think the only weed you should ever roll with is schwagg anyways. i dont know if dank is harder to burn, but i know its more saved when smoked in bowls
    I do not smoke/use/posess marijuana and i never will

well yeah, obviously, but smoking a bowl on my roof at night in a residential area looks somewhat conspicuous, where as a joint just looks like a cig in the night

koolaidkix is offline Registered
    your weed might but wet (newly grown will be hard to keep lit)

crudemood is offline Registered+
    the joint isnt tight enough or the weed is still moist, thats it.
    Picture yourself in a boat on a river
    With tangerine trees and marmalade skies
    Somebody calls you, you answer quite slowly
    A girl with kaleidoscope eyes

Cellophane flowers of yellow and green
    Towering over your head
    Look for the girl with the sun in her eyes
    And she's gone

Lucy in the sky with diamonds

The Beatles

You miss a lot when you canít feel like others can. You canít relate to or communicate feelings to others if youíre numb.

Justin.J is offline Registered+
    How long have you been rolling? maybe your just going wrong with the rolling, maybe you could post A pic of A joint you rolled that don't burn.

mojoke is offline Registered+
    mabey the weed is not the problem.
    try a different brand/type of rolling papers.

also, using a straw as kind of a roach clip to hit through is a good way to keep your joints lit. you will be able to hit that shit 3x as hard as a regular joint

mojoke is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by dejayou30
    well yeah, obviously, but smoking a bowl on my roof at night in a residential area looks somewhat conspicuous, where as a joint just looks like a cig in the night
    its nighttime isnt it :P?

and, fuck those bitches, all they can do is call the cops and the cops arent going to give a shit about some kid smoking a bowl.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast