Thread: is it bad to smoke from something made of brass?

chrischrichrchc is offline Registered

is it bad to smoke from something made of brass?

I recently made a piece where the actual bowl part of it is made from this brass thing i got at a hardware store. i wasn't sure though if it's ok to smoke out of brass. does anyone know what kinds of metal are or are not safe to smoke from?

Blunt420 is offline Registered+
    hmmm, I don't know for sure, but I'm Guessing it would be alright. But im not sure!
    Sum Tree=$50
    Cheap Cigar=$2
    Friend dat knows how to roll a really good blunt=$0
    Geting Blazed with your friends=PRICLESS

Quote Originally Posted by jamstigator
    And I jammed that spoon up my ass and broke that big ass ball of splintery shit up into smaller pieces.

Captain Hanks is offline Registered+
    it is, glass is the only thing you can smoke out of to where the only thing your smoking is the herb, most everything else lets off harmful chemicals
    Disclaimer: Any posts made by me are purely fictional in nature and by no means is anything I say to be taken seriously. I do not use, grow or condone the growing of anything not legal. Any and all pictures I post are pictures widley available on the internet and any discussions I am involved in are purely hypothetical or are commentary in nature and should not constitute advice or be considered advice to assist in activities that are deemed illegal.

Blunt420 is offline Registered+
    See, told you I wasnt sure . I didnt know glass is the only thing you can smoke out of to where the only thing your smoking is the herb. Well I preffer glass anyway
    Sum Tree=$50
    Cheap Cigar=$2
    Friend dat knows how to roll a really good blunt=$0
    Geting Blazed with your friends=PRICLESS

Quote Originally Posted by jamstigator
    And I jammed that spoon up my ass and broke that big ass ball of splintery shit up into smaller pieces.

opiuser is offline Registered+
    the only things you shouldnt smoke out of are aluminum foil and metals coated in chrome or paint etc.

i think ur in the clear
    Confucious say, clackpipe keer

Voodoo lady
    Shakin' that stick and drivin' me crazy
    Your eyes look red and hazy
    Doin' that stuff that you do
    Messin' me up with your voodoo...

You drive me crazy with that
    Boogie oogie oogie oogie oogie oogie oogie oogie
    You drive me crazy with that
    Boogie !
    Boogie!
    Boogie!

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzy89304
    engage your brain before you engage your mouth.

hahaitsdoogle is offline Registered+
    make sure there is no rust, you can smoke rust, and it does it get you sick...

imho.

shoi is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by hahaitsdoogle
    make sure there is no rust, you can smoke rust, and it does it get you sick...

imho.

rust just generally isnt good
    Quote Originally Posted by graph View Post
    It's hard to convince us that weed's the problem when all of us here know it's not. At one time I think we all used to be like you, we believed the government at face value and accepted the fact that because it's illegal, it must be immoral, too. Then we all grew up a little bit and realized our own experiences should shape the path of our lives, not what someone else tells us to think

holysmokin is offline Registered+
    Brass dosent rust! And glass is not the only safe thing to smoke from. The only metals you want to stay away from are the "Soft" metals like aluminum, brass, tin anything with a low burning temp. If glass was the only safe thing to smoke from then smoke shops wouldnt be filled with pipes made from steel,wood, rock and soap stone. Peace
    "Two of my Favorite things are, sitting on my porch smoking a pipeful of sweet hemp and playing my Harmonica"

-A. Lincoln 1855

amen

You should have shouted "For fuck sake, cant a guy get stoned in peace!!"

CocaoAtros420 is offline Registered+
    As far as any of us know (=nill) only the best materials like stainless steel (NOT CHROME PLATED "Stainless"), glass, titanium, and annodized* aluminum should be considered safe for use smoking devices. Plus its better to make a piece out of 100% safe materials then "hoping" the shit doesnt get hot enough to poison you. Also brass contains high concentrations of LEAD, COPPER, and TIN which all have low melting points and there for release poisonous ions at even lower temperatures. STAY AWAY FROM THIS SHIT AND DONT SUGGEST IT EITHER! Not even iron or mild steel should be used.

*annodized aluminum has been electroplated with a protective coating that prevents it from releasing toxic ions so you really shouldnt scrape it

It is very difficult to walk the razor's edge with a blind fold.
    Be safe for your own sake.
    Life has only as many pressures as you create - Watty Watts

NightProwler is offline Registered+
    brass is okay, copper isnt
    I do not smoke/use/posess marijuana and i never will

Buddha Man is offline Registered+
    i have brass screen in my metal bowl. is that safe?

eetmiefuk is offline Registered+
    i have been smoking through brass screens for more than a year and I am not dead so, i think you're good.

CocaoAtros420 is offline Registered+
    better to be safe than cancerous
    Life has only as many pressures as you create - Watty Watts

chrischrichrchc is offline Registered

Talking

Heh there seems to be quite a bit of mixed answers, but yeah I think I'll just play it safe and not use the brass. I just enjoy taking random stuff and turning into a piece, and it just so happens that this brass thing i found makes a perfect bowl, but oh well. I'm starting college soon and they have a glass blowing class. Maybe I'll sign up for that