Thread: Getting High On An Empty Stomach?

Jay Matix is offline Registered+

Talking Getting High On An Empty Stomach?

Does smoking weed on an empty stomach get you higher then if you had a full stomach?

I know with alcohol, if you drink on an empty stomach the alcohol hits you harder/quicker.

Is this the same for getting high? Any know if this is fact for smoking weed too?

krons is offline Registered+
    i dont think it matters because smoke goes in ur lungs and not ur stomace..but thats just what i think
    If in life u dont succeed
    fuck the world an go smoke weed.

+ =

rabbitslayer is offline Registered+
    You get more of an effect of alcohol on an empty stomach because you are absorbing it through your stomach, so it doesn't soak into any food or anything, it just hits you straight.

Smokin weed is a lil different, because you're absorbing it through your lungs, so the amplification of effects observed on alcohol when your stomach is empty could be compared to breathing the smoke in deeper... I guess...

On the other hand, if you were hungry to the point of fainting, it might make you a little more spaced out, but you'd probably just curl up and take a nap (after you went on a munchies-run )
    A pipe gives a wise man time to think and a fool something to stick in his mouth
    If I'm here I'm probably listening to Sublime right now
    Also, rabbits are innocent fuzzy woodland creatures, and I do not condone or participate in the slaying of any such beasts nor should any of my posts be taken as actual discussion of any such activities by myself.

dryst is offline Registered+
    itll just give u a hella case of the munchies...not advisable to turn anarexic just for a little extra high anyways

NightProwler is offline Registered+
    i dont think so
    I do not smoke/use/posess marijuana and i never will

brown_fv is offline Registered
    nah i don't so, cuz its absorbed from your lungs and not you stomach
    either way...drinking or blazing, i never like doing it on an empty stomach

MistaPoleeseMan is offline Registered+
    You should like totally eat a tarantula before you smoke. Maybe 2. You will die so much faster. Which is better for us. Chuch.

NextLineIsMine is offline Registered+
    Man use some logic. Now if you had influenza and your lungs were filled with liquid it might affect it.

Getting stoned when youre really tired gets me far more baked though, probably just due to spaceyness

MetFan3125 is offline Registered+
    I can understand everyone saying it wouldn't affect you cause it's straight to the lungs, but it seems when I smoke after a really big meal I don't seem as high as I could. But if I smoke on an empty stomach, my hunger seems 100x worse than prior. Maybe it's a mental thing though, idk.
    We aren't above the influence, we're beyond it

GhostOfGanja is offline Registered
    Although it is absorbed through the lungs vs the stomach, it obviously doesn't stay there... Your lungs don't make you trip. When the ganja goes into your blood stream it probably gets absorbed by the nutrients from the food thats already their and dilutes your high. Eating is definitely a buzz kill for me anyway.

weedheaduknow is offline Registered+
    i dont think so, i hate smoking on an empty stomach if i'm already hungry though.

Its a Plant is offline Moderator
    Lol, you guys and your wacky theories.

The only thing smoking on an empty stomach does for me is make me really hungry. If I were to smoke after just eating, then I don't get the munchies, and still get just as high. Eating isn't a buzzkill either, it just makes the food taste a lot better. ~
    - - "Well it's a plant, but it can't, grow freely."

Captain Hanks is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Matix View Post
    Does smoking weed on an empty stomach get you higher then if you had a full stomach?

I know with alcohol, if you drink on an empty stomach the alcohol hits you harder/quicker.

Is this the same for getting high? Any know if this is fact for smoking weed too?
    yes actually it does! and when i eat after getting the munchies, i notice my high dropping
    Disclaimer: Any posts made by me are purely fictional in nature and by no means is anything I say to be taken seriously. I do not use, grow or condone the growing of anything not legal. Any and all pictures I post are pictures widley available on the internet and any discussions I am involved in are purely hypothetical or are commentary in nature and should not constitute advice or be considered advice to assist in activities that are deemed illegal.

Vismund Cygnus is offline Registered

i recommend you eat first then smoke, when you smoke and then get the muchies and eat, the food in your system will break your high down a pretty good amount. i have had plenty of experiences like these.
    Last edited by Vismund Cygnus; Aug-15-2006 at 16:43.

Budd420 is offline Registered
    yeah if i eat after i smoke my high goes down, same with drinking something..

amsterdammed is offline Registered+

i get really hungry. that's about all i know
    i'll meet ya down the coffeeshop

Nocturnal Stoner is offline Registered+
    http://www.erowid.org/plants/cannabi...s_basics.shtml

When smoked, the effects of cannabis begin almost immediately. When eaten the effects can take 1 to 2 hours to manifest, based primarily on how much food is in the stomach.
    Old Man River
    He Just Keeps ROLLING

Quote Originally Posted by SwirlyMass View Post
    salvia shoves a firecracker up the tailpipe of inter-dimensional travel and takes you somewhere that was never meant to be traveled to with our mind.
    I'm gonna put on an iron shirt, and chase Satan out of earth
    I'm gonna put on an iron shirt, and chase the devil out of earth
    I'm gonna send him to outer space, to find another race
    I'm gonna send him to outer space, to find another race

"That's what I'm talking about man"-Brian (Half Baked)

orangeman is offline Banned
    I dunno about all that but I know that the taste of a blunt and weed on a empty stomach makes it hurt so I usually dont do it .

HighAllTheTime420 is offline Registered+
    If u smoke on an empty stomache, make sure u hav efood right by cuz u'l, get the munchies like a bitch.

meow_leone13 is offline Registered
    it doesnt get you higher, but if you get drunk on an empty stomach alot easier.

myselfandi is offline Registered+
    I have appitite problems and smoke on an empty stomach often, it doesn't make any difference, I just want food more.

Bucky420 is offline Registered
    A couple days ago i hadn't eaten anything all day and as a result i had low blood sugar which made me weak and confused...This has happened to me twice and both times i got really high and greened out afterwards.