Cannabis.com



Results 1 to 23 of 23

Thread: Joint problem (wont stay lit)

  1. #1
    Frivolous248's Avatar
    Frivolous248 is offline Registered+
    Join Date
    Mar-05-2006
    Posts
    2,817

    Joint problem (wont stay lit)

    http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/9813/brndvk4.jpg

    Well last night I rolled a jay, and it wasn't hitting too well, plus it went out after every hit. So I had to unroll the joint and use my pipe instead, as you can see the papers still in my ashtray. I figured that weed wasn't broken up enough, and it was too thick to draw smoke and also wouldn't burn cause there was no flow, also I may have rolled it too tight.. Well tonight I used scissors and I thought I got it ground up pretty good, and I even unrolled is several times before sealing it to make sure it wasn't too tight. This one hits fine, but it just won't stay light. I've never had this happen to me before so I'm a little confused. The weed doesn't seem like its damp, so I don't think thats the problem, it might be, but I'm not sure.

    Anyone care to give some input?

  2. Cannabis Seeds | Cannabis Seeds


    Buy Feminised Cannabis Seeds


    Cannabis Seeds Delivered World Wide, Top Free Seeds with ALL orders. 

     

    Medical Marijuana Dispensary Finder

    Medical Marijuana Directory


  3. #2
    Join Date
    Feb-25-2006
    Posts
    215
    Even a slight bit of extra moisture will cause runs and joints that go out.If you can bend a decent sized stem and it DOESN'T snap off clean,then you still have excess moisture in the bud.

  4. #3
    CBsDankNugs's Avatar
    CBsDankNugs is offline Registered+
    Join Date
    Apr-27-2006
    Posts
    255
    pack it more. that might be your problem. make sure that it is packed tight

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Jul-30-2006
    Posts
    1,684
    I put tobacco in joints to help them burn well...it works nicely and tastes better in my opinion.

  6. #5
    WeedGremblin is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jul-25-2006
    Posts
    243
    blah dont put baccy in your j's!! keep it pure


    Take a pencil or something a bit smaller than the width and pack in the ends. You could also try letting it dry out more, or breaking the bud up finer.

    I get bud that is impossible to roll joints with, doesnt work, too sticky, feels like its been dipped in maple syrup

  7. #6
    CBsDankNugs's Avatar
    CBsDankNugs is offline Registered+
    Join Date
    Apr-27-2006
    Posts
    255
    tb has its place and mj has hers. personally i dont like to mix them. cant rip it as good.

  8. #7
    pixel's Avatar
    pixel is offline Registered+
    Join Date
    Dec-14-2005
    Posts
    1,567
    Quote Originally Posted by CBsDankNugs View Post
    tb has its place and mj has hers. personally i dont like to mix them. cant rip it as good.
    agreed, baccy is harsh to me
    Flick your BIC Expand your mind

    And when your world seems cold, you got to let your spirit take control.
    Let your soul shine,
    Its better than sunshine,
    Its better than moonshine,
    And damn sure better than rain.
    Lord now people dont mind,
    We all get this way sometimes,
    Gotta let your soul shine, shine till the break of day.


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mj7PS3k2O1g

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Jul-30-2006
    Posts
    1,684
    well I always did it that way since everyone I know does that over here...It became a habit. I tried pure sometimes but I still like it better with baccy in it...you don't even taste it and I like the little rush nicotine adds

    I guess everyone has their ways

  10. #9
    Captain Hanks's Avatar
    Captain Hanks is offline Registered+
    Join Date
    Mar-30-2006
    Posts
    1,435
    Quote Originally Posted by Frivolous248 View Post
    http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/9813/brndvk4.jpg

    Well last night I rolled a jay, and it wasn't hitting too well, plus it went out after every hit. So I had to unroll the joint and use my pipe instead, as you can see the papers still in my ashtray. I figured that weed wasn't broken up enough, and it was too thick to draw smoke and also wouldn't burn cause there was no flow, also I may have rolled it too tight.. Well tonight I used scissors and I thought I got it ground up pretty good, and I even unrolled is several times before sealing it to make sure it wasn't too tight. This one hits fine, but it just won't stay light. I've never had this happen to me before so I'm a little confused. The weed doesn't seem like its damp, so I don't think thats the problem, it might be, but I'm not sure.

    Anyone care to give some input?
    wow, that was a peice of crap rolling job you had there, next time you need to take you time on it, keep it somewhat loose, make sure the weed is dry and shredded, when you take the first drag make it long and smooth so it draws back and stays lit,

    better luck next time
    Disclaimer: Any posts made by me are purely fictional in nature and by no means is anything I say to be taken seriously. I do not use, grow or condone the growing of anything not legal. Any and all pictures I post are pictures widley available on the internet and any discussions I am involved in are purely hypothetical or are commentary in nature and should not constitute advice or be considered advice to assist in activities that are deemed illegal.

  11. #10
    Nocturnal Stoner's Avatar
    Nocturnal Stoner is offline Registered+
    Join Date
    Mar-04-2006
    Posts
    1,222
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryjaneAndHashley View Post
    well I always did it that way since everyone I know does that over here...It became a habit. I tried pure sometimes but I still like it better with baccy in it...you don't even taste it and I like the little rush nicotine adds

    I guess everyone has their ways
    I agree man baccy is good, it helps keep it lit, burns nicely and plus you use less weed to fill up your joints, so you would have more for later, and the baccy does give you a phat headrush, trust its good, and if you have good will power you won't get addicted, i've been blazing with baccy for a year and i'm not addicted, dunno how it would work for you but baccy would keep it burning and in my opinion it's easier to roll with.

    Old Man River
    He Just Keeps ROLLING

    Quote Originally Posted by SwirlyMass View Post
    salvia shoves a firecracker up the tailpipe of inter-dimensional travel and takes you somewhere that was never meant to be traveled to with our mind.
    I'm gonna put on an iron shirt, and chase Satan out of earth
    I'm gonna put on an iron shirt, and chase the devil out of earth
    I'm gonna send him to outer space, to find another race
    I'm gonna send him to outer space, to find another race

    "That's what I'm talking about man"-Brian (Half Baked)

  12. #11
    Frivolous248's Avatar
    Frivolous248 is offline Registered+
    Join Date
    Mar-05-2006
    Posts
    2,817
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hanks View Post
    wow, that was a peice of crap rolling job you had there, next time you need to take you time on it, keep it somewhat loose, make sure the weed is dry and shredded, when you take the first drag make it long and smooth so it draws back and stays lit,

    better luck next time
    -.- I did take my time on it. I can't roll perfect, but I've rolled atleast 10 smokeable joints before.

    Thanks for the tips guys, I just snapped a stem so I'm not sure if its too moist, but I put a piece of paper in the bag just to get it a lil more dry. I'll try again tonight keeping your tips in mind, hopefully it will work.

  13. #12
    MeatRulz's Avatar
    MeatRulz is offline Registered+
    Join Date
    Jul-05-2005
    Posts
    874
    I'm thinkin its because joints are the gayest thing to smoke out of.
    Just smoke it.
    Lil wayne-baby ft. baby

  14. #13
    Join Date
    Jul-30-2006
    Posts
    1,684
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatRulz View Post
    I'm thinkin its because joints are the gayest thing to smoke out of.
    thats weird man
    I love joints, they taste good, you can take em everywhere (its not like carrying a pipe or whatever), they're fun to roll in my opinion and its the method I first started smoking with

  15. #14
    Join Date
    Jul-30-2006
    Posts
    1,684
    Quote Originally Posted by Sizz View Post
    Sure, I'd rather smoke a blunt, but when you're stuck around the house there's nothing better than sitting by your window and lighting up a joint.
    I second that

  16. #15
    MeatRulz's Avatar
    MeatRulz is offline Registered+
    Join Date
    Jul-05-2005
    Posts
    874
    I always just roll mini blunts even when i only got like a bowl pack and its way better than a joint. joints burn way to fuckin fast.
    Just smoke it.
    Lil wayne-baby ft. baby

  17. #16
    Frivolous248's Avatar
    Frivolous248 is offline Registered+
    Join Date
    Mar-05-2006
    Posts
    2,817
    Yeah, I twist the ends of my joints shut.

    Joints don't suck, you get such thick hits from them, thats why I love 'em.

  18. #17
    gee's Avatar
    gee
    gee is offline Registered+
    Join Date
    Feb-17-2005
    Posts
    603
    Quote Originally Posted by Frivolous248 View Post
    Yeah, I twist the ends of my joints shut.

    Joints don't suck, you get such thick hits from them, thats why I love 'em.
    ahahah if you think joints burn thick, try smoking a blunt, than you'll see what thick really is.

  19. #18
    Frivolous248's Avatar
    Frivolous248 is offline Registered+
    Join Date
    Mar-05-2006
    Posts
    2,817
    Awesome, I rolled a jay tonight and it stayed light the whole time. It was awesome, I'm soo high man. Ha, southparks cool

  20. #19
    Join Date
    Jul-30-2006
    Posts
    1,684
    haha cool this thread lead somewhere

  21. #20
    kingdalg is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jul-30-2006
    Posts
    42
    ur rolling 2 tight man!!!! treat ur j like a fine womens pussy........slack as hell!!!

  22. #21
    Frivolous248's Avatar
    Frivolous248 is offline Registered+
    Join Date
    Mar-05-2006
    Posts
    2,817
    actually this time I rolled it really tight to get it to work. and I broke the week up as fine as I could. I've never had a problem with rolling joints too tight before, I think if you got the mix right it will work out.

  23. #22
    dankus maximus's Avatar
    dankus maximus is offline Registered+
    Join Date
    Aug-08-2006
    Posts
    445
    you CAN roll to tight, my first couple of jays i packed the tip too hard, so it woudl hit kinda shitty for a while. cangtrats though! and keep practicing!....mmm....practice....


    oh and meatwad(dont remmeber name, just avatar), if your joints burn too fast, then you are rolling them too loose, tighten that shit up. or you can always use a little saliva.

  24. #23
    ChronicMike's Avatar
    ChronicMike is offline Registered+
    Join Date
    Apr-15-2006
    Posts
    658
    You gotta find the perfect medium between tight and loose...i call my rolls perfectly loose.

    once you learn that...i guess you can roll then.
    A spliff a day keeps the blues away.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •