Cannabis.com

Thread: Joint problem (wont stay lit)

Frivolous248 is offline Registered+

Joint problem (wont stay lit)

http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/9813/brndvk4.jpg

Well last night I rolled a jay, and it wasn't hitting too well, plus it went out after every hit. So I had to unroll the joint and use my pipe instead, as you can see the papers still in my ashtray. I figured that weed wasn't broken up enough, and it was too thick to draw smoke and also wouldn't burn cause there was no flow, also I may have rolled it too tight.. Well tonight I used scissors and I thought I got it ground up pretty good, and I even unrolled is several times before sealing it to make sure it wasn't too tight. This one hits fine, but it just won't stay light. I've never had this happen to me before so I'm a little confused. The weed doesn't seem like its damp, so I don't think thats the problem, it might be, but I'm not sure.

Anyone care to give some input?

2. Cannabis Seeds | Cannabis Seeds

Buy Feminised Cannabis Seeds

Cannabis Seeds Delivered World Wide, Top Free Seeds with ALL orders. 

Medical Marijuana Dispensary Finder

Medical Marijuana Directory

Even a slight bit of extra moisture will cause runs and joints that go out.If you can bend a decent sized stem and it DOESN'T snap off clean,then you still have excess moisture in the bud.

CBsDankNugs is offline Registered+
    pack it more. that might be your problem. make sure that it is packed tight

I put tobacco in joints to help them burn well...it works nicely and tastes better in my opinion.

WeedGremblin is offline Banned
    blah dont put baccy in your j's!! keep it pure

Take a pencil or something a bit smaller than the width and pack in the ends. You could also try letting it dry out more, or breaking the bud up finer.

I get bud that is impossible to roll joints with, doesnt work, too sticky, feels like its been dipped in maple syrup

CBsDankNugs is offline Registered+
    tb has its place and mj has hers. personally i dont like to mix them. cant rip it as good.

pixel is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by CBsDankNugs View Post
    tb has its place and mj has hers. personally i dont like to mix them. cant rip it as good.
    agreed, baccy is harsh to me
    Flick your BIC Expand your mind

And when your world seems cold, you got to let your spirit take control.
    Let your soul shine,
    Its better than sunshine,
    Its better than moonshine,
    And damn sure better than rain.
    Lord now people dont mind,
    We all get this way sometimes,
    Gotta let your soul shine, shine till the break of day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mj7PS3k2O1g

well I always did it that way since everyone I know does that over here...It became a habit. I tried pure sometimes but I still like it better with baccy in it...you don't even taste it and I like the little rush nicotine adds

I guess everyone has their ways

Captain Hanks is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by Frivolous248 View Post
    http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/9813/brndvk4.jpg

Well last night I rolled a jay, and it wasn't hitting too well, plus it went out after every hit. So I had to unroll the joint and use my pipe instead, as you can see the papers still in my ashtray. I figured that weed wasn't broken up enough, and it was too thick to draw smoke and also wouldn't burn cause there was no flow, also I may have rolled it too tight.. Well tonight I used scissors and I thought I got it ground up pretty good, and I even unrolled is several times before sealing it to make sure it wasn't too tight. This one hits fine, but it just won't stay light. I've never had this happen to me before so I'm a little confused. The weed doesn't seem like its damp, so I don't think thats the problem, it might be, but I'm not sure.

Anyone care to give some input?
    wow, that was a peice of crap rolling job you had there, next time you need to take you time on it, keep it somewhat loose, make sure the weed is dry and shredded, when you take the first drag make it long and smooth so it draws back and stays lit,

better luck next time
    Disclaimer: Any posts made by me are purely fictional in nature and by no means is anything I say to be taken seriously. I do not use, grow or condone the growing of anything not legal. Any and all pictures I post are pictures widley available on the internet and any discussions I am involved in are purely hypothetical or are commentary in nature and should not constitute advice or be considered advice to assist in activities that are deemed illegal.

Nocturnal Stoner is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryjaneAndHashley View Post
    well I always did it that way since everyone I know does that over here...It became a habit. I tried pure sometimes but I still like it better with baccy in it...you don't even taste it and I like the little rush nicotine adds

I guess everyone has their ways
    I agree man baccy is good, it helps keep it lit, burns nicely and plus you use less weed to fill up your joints, so you would have more for later, and the baccy does give you a phat headrush, trust its good, and if you have good will power you won't get addicted, i've been blazing with baccy for a year and i'm not addicted, dunno how it would work for you but baccy would keep it burning and in my opinion it's easier to roll with.

Old Man River
    He Just Keeps ROLLING

Quote Originally Posted by SwirlyMass View Post
    salvia shoves a firecracker up the tailpipe of inter-dimensional travel and takes you somewhere that was never meant to be traveled to with our mind.
    I'm gonna put on an iron shirt, and chase Satan out of earth
    I'm gonna put on an iron shirt, and chase the devil out of earth
    I'm gonna send him to outer space, to find another race
    I'm gonna send him to outer space, to find another race

"That's what I'm talking about man"-Brian (Half Baked)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hanks View Post
    wow, that was a peice of crap rolling job you had there, next time you need to take you time on it, keep it somewhat loose, make sure the weed is dry and shredded, when you take the first drag make it long and smooth so it draws back and stays lit,

better luck next time
    -.- I did take my time on it. I can't roll perfect, but I've rolled atleast 10 smokeable joints before.

Thanks for the tips guys, I just snapped a stem so I'm not sure if its too moist, but I put a piece of paper in the bag just to get it a lil more dry. I'll try again tonight keeping your tips in mind, hopefully it will work.

MeatRulz is offline Registered+
    I'm thinkin its because joints are the gayest thing to smoke out of.
    Just smoke it.
    Lil wayne-baby ft. baby

Quote Originally Posted by MeatRulz View Post
    I'm thinkin its because joints are the gayest thing to smoke out of.
    thats weird man
    I love joints, they taste good, you can take em everywhere (its not like carrying a pipe or whatever), they're fun to roll in my opinion and its the method I first started smoking with

Quote Originally Posted by Sizz View Post
    Sure, I'd rather smoke a blunt, but when you're stuck around the house there's nothing better than sitting by your window and lighting up a joint.
    I second that

MeatRulz is offline Registered+
    I always just roll mini blunts even when i only got like a bowl pack and its way better than a joint. joints burn way to fuckin fast.
    Just smoke it.
    Lil wayne-baby ft. baby

Yeah, I twist the ends of my joints shut.

Joints don't suck, you get such thick hits from them, thats why I love 'em.

gee
    gee is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by Frivolous248 View Post
    Yeah, I twist the ends of my joints shut.

Joints don't suck, you get such thick hits from them, thats why I love 'em.
    ahahah if you think joints burn thick, try smoking a blunt, than you'll see what thick really is.

Awesome, I rolled a jay tonight and it stayed light the whole time. It was awesome, I'm soo high man. Ha, southparks cool

haha cool this thread lead somewhere

kingdalg is offline Banned
    ur rolling 2 tight man!!!! treat ur j like a fine womens pussy........slack as hell!!!

actually this time I rolled it really tight to get it to work. and I broke the week up as fine as I could. I've never had a problem with rolling joints too tight before, I think if you got the mix right it will work out.

dankus maximus is offline Registered+
    you CAN roll to tight, my first couple of jays i packed the tip too hard, so it woudl hit kinda shitty for a while. cangtrats though! and keep practicing!....mmm....practice....

oh and meatwad(dont remmeber name, just avatar), if your joints burn too fast, then you are rolling them too loose, tighten that shit up. or you can always use a little saliva.

ChronicMike is offline Registered+
    You gotta find the perfect medium between tight and loose...i call my rolls perfectly loose.

once you learn that...i guess you can roll then.
    A spliff a day keeps the blues away.