View Poll Results: Which do you prefer...

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sativa (Chronic)!!!

16 24.24%
  • Indica (Kush)!!!

17 25.76%
  • Mixture of both!!!

16 24.24%
  • I don't care, weed is weed to me.

17 25.76%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Indica vs. Sativa

whatsurgenre is offline Registered+

Indica vs. Sativa

Ok so from previous threads, I've learned that
    Good Indica = Kush
    Good Sativa = Chronic
    (thanks to couch-potato)

From my resources, it seems like Indica gives a body high which makes you couch-lock.
    And Sativa makes you have a mind high.

Which brings me to a new thread and a poll.
    Tell me what you prefer.

I also heard something about mixing both at the same time...
    good idea?
    I'm a person who does not like couch-lock. So I'd have to go with Sativa.

whatsurgenre is offline Registered+
    another thing is...
    I always buy chronic and I got blueberry chron last time.
    I rolled a joint with it and shared it with a friend.
    I only got 3 hits at the most and I had the biggest couch lock...
    can someone explain?

LIP
    LIP is offline Banned
    Chronic is a strain of cannabis, and also a slang term for good weed. If my mind serves me well, Chronic is NOT a sativa strain.

Im an indica man myself, i love the couchlock body stone.

And most strains these days are crosses between sativa and indica.

Landrace strains are pure.

You got couchlock because blueberry in mainly indica.

Dankmike is offline Registered+
    Satvia is my favorite.

DylanN89 is offline Registered+
    dude.... all are nice.... weed is weed... plain and simple
    "Keep it clean...Keep it green.."

The day Swisher Sweet makes a grape cigar like philly will be the best day of my life

duckfool is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by whatsurgenre View Post
    Ok so from previous threads, I've learned that
    Good Indica = Kush
    Good Sativa = Chronic
    (thanks to couch-potato)
    chronic and kush are / are part of strain names, not to do with indica or sativa genetics.

and as said before me, most weed is hybridized. It's very rare that you will smoke a plant that is just indica, or just sativa - unless you have the luxury of being able to reliably pick and choose strains, or grow your own.

buuut, i do enjoy sativa dominant weed. Getting groggy and tired during and after smoking is the worst thing in the world. I love going outside and walking around and exploring.
    -------------------
    Duckfool

Spreading the hate, one post at a time.

NightProwler is offline Registered+
    i like indica when i wanna chill out. but when i feel like wither drawing, or working out, or i just want to get something done, sativa is the way to go
    I do not smoke/use/posess marijuana and i never will

Breukelen advocaat is offline Registered+
    I like Indica, but would settle for outdoor-grown, mostly imported Sativa if it were available.

I think that today's growers have done a brilliant job of creating super-strong (mostly) Sativa strains, but it's not "natural" to me anymore. The side effects, such as making sleeping difficult, paranoia, etc., are just not worth it.

If anybody had good Indica-based weed or hash in my area, they'd have me as a very reliable, steady customer. Unfortunately, I can't find any and have cut my cannabis intake to practically zero. At this time, I do not have the inclination, knowledge, or space to grow any, either.
    Last edited by Breukelen advocaat; Oct-22-2006 at 16:21.

couch-potato is offline Registered+
    Super OG Kush > all other herb available in SoCal. So Indica is the way to go.
    "Syd [Barrett] was sitting there at the table, and the box of cereal was between us. And he was watching the box of cereal the way that I would watch Star Trek on television. He was seeing something I wasn't seeing. I don't know what he was on, but he could have sat there all day, staring into that cereal, and he would have been just as happy as anybody else."
    -Alice Cooper
    Quote Originally Posted by NightProwler View Post
    LISTEN TO COUCH POTATO, THE MAN KNOWS WHAT HES TALKING ABOUT

Cooler Then Jesus is offline Registered+
    outdoor sativa, grown local (california) is great from the club. i like to use sativa in blunts (no schwagg either, this is GOOD bud, i could sell for 60$ 1.8th) and Indica in joints, but when im taking bongloads i just use the cheap hydroponic that the club always has year round. but when the VERY high grade bud comes around the club that is insane looking, the bottom of the bags will collect pure trichrome kif from the bud, alot. that stuff i mix with tobbacco in joints w/roach.

its all about what your smoking out of w/ me
    NO U!

Nocturnal Stoner is offline Registered+
    indica hands down, get a nice strong indica and its like opium
    Old Man River
    He Just Keeps ROLLING

Quote Originally Posted by SwirlyMass View Post
    salvia shoves a firecracker up the tailpipe of inter-dimensional travel and takes you somewhere that was never meant to be traveled to with our mind.
    I'm gonna put on an iron shirt, and chase Satan out of earth
    I'm gonna put on an iron shirt, and chase the devil out of earth
    I'm gonna send him to outer space, to find another race
    I'm gonna send him to outer space, to find another race

"That's what I'm talking about man"-Brian (Half Baked)

halosin8r is offline Registered+
    I enjoy a balance between the two... cross strains imo are the better
    "...everyone and everything has a spirit which is a part of a greater whole, and that spirits affect all events, including illness and disease." ~ ?
    -Any image uploaded by this user, is not the property of the holder of this account and are free to distribute.-

Nochowderforyou is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by LIP View Post
    Chronic is a strain of cannabis, and also a slang term for good weed. If my mind serves me well, Chronic is NOT a sativa strain.

Im an indica man myself, i love the couchlock body stone.

And most strains these days are crosses between sativa and indica.

Landrace strains are pure.

You got couchlock because blueberry in mainly indica.
    Exactly.

90% of strains these days are a cross between the 2. It is rare to find a 100% indica strain, and even rarer to find a 100% sativa.

I prefer indica myself. I smoke to relax, and what's more relaxing than being glued to the couch.

Iggmasta is offline Registered+
    mix man i love when the sativa alows me to go on an adventure then when i sit down im hit by the lovely indica couch lock

brains is offline Registered+
    iv only ever had pure sativa once.. it was alright...
    but i can get maaaad pure indica, like as indica as it gets. that is where its at my friends.
    You're a Flatout Tuna

Maggz is offline Banned
    Love the sativa strains, especially the shit I had my hands on like last year..don't even know the strain but whatever,strongest shit i smoked, it was more of a mental high than a "COUCHLOCK" body high lol..but what i love about sativa strains best is the ability for me to think of the most intriquet yet plausable(ible?) things..and it makes everything around me so beautiful.

Financial Panther is offline Registered
    what is couch lock?

memoryburner is offline Registered+
    Where you find yourself unable to get off the couch..no matter what.
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonrider View Post
    It's not your fault. It is a genetic disorder over which you have no control. It's a syndrome called SARJ (Sucks At Rolling Joints), and it is more common than you mght realize. Perhaps it would help if you joined a SARJ support group.

Financial Panther is offline Registered
    ohh that happened to me the first time i smoked. I got stuck three different times and couldnt move at all. Completely paralyzed

LIP
    LIP is offline Banned
    Also Indica strains are genrally stronger then sativa strains. Indica strains are also good for making hash because of the resin production.

Reefer Rogue is offline Registered+
    Get me some Jack Herer or some super silver haze
    Last edited by Reefer Rogue; Oct-24-2006 at 09:36. Reason: it's all bout that SATIVA!
    PEACE

'Why should one be judged by the colour of their skin, instead of the qualities they show from deep within?' - Peter Tosh

If they dont instantly know what you are talking about just walk away.
    Kraloth:
    http://boards.cannabis.com/recreatio...rger-then.html

Newglory is offline Registered+
    K. When im high im lazy as fuck, or just loving not wanting to get up cuz im so comfortable, i could, but im to fuckign comfortable...
    So im guessing thats mostly Indica weed??

if thats true i want sativa right now to go on intoxicated adventures.

sxyrider39 is offline Registered
    Trainwreck + Haze = Couchlock + laugh your ass off high. If I can only have one though, I like Sativa more, because everything is funny as hell. Indicas tend to knock me out too much sometimes. but, if I hit a fat bowl of Indica late at night, I can feel it the whole next day. I tend to do bettter on Calculus quizes when I'm on a day after buzz too.

Zoosh is offline Registered+
    Indica for me.
    Sativa is all good too though. I do prefer indica though.

trem0lo is offline Registered+
    It depends on the strain for me, and what I'm in the mood for. And there are sub-types of each strain. And yes, most of the great strains are a careful mixture of the two. Someone above mentioned Trainwreck--that's supposed to be a double whammy of indica AND sativa!

SATIVA:
    type #1: Racy paranoid high, sometimes stupid and giggly, bordering on psychadelic (these can be super fun if you can handle the paranoia--adventure weed). Think haze and landrace sativas.

type #2: Soaring, thought provoking high with a good body element. No paranoia--it shuts the world out while you take it in. Mildy psychadelic but it's much more relaxing. Sour Diesel is this type of high, and it's fantastic let me tell you

INDICA:
    type 1#: Debilitating couch-lock, heavy body-numbing stone. I define couch-lock as not being able to do anything, and not caring to try. Want to play a computer game? Have fun staring at the screen for 10 minutes. Want food? You'll spend what seems like hours wandering around your kitchen. If it's night and you smoke this you'll be sleeping like a baby very soon. Hashplant and G-13 are two types of this strain.

type #2: Euphoric, swimming body stone, still some couch-lock but not as heavy. More of a fun social stone where you're not so spacey. Great for watching TV and playing video games and other daytime activities that require brain function

These descriptions sure aren't exhaustive as to the types of weed out there. Anyone who has the luck to be able to pick or grow strains will tell you there are hundreds of types and subtypes of highs. Some are desirable and bred thus, some are not and therefore aren't smoked by as many people.

If anyone wants to add to my post feel free!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast