Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ice in bong.

JR77 is offline Registered+

Ice in bong.

I know this has been discussed here before, but what does everyone think about putting ice in a bong....Some people were saying it is really bad for you....I do it all the time and I was just wondering what people's personal experiences were? I guess it can't be much worse than smoking in general?!
    The more I learn, the more I realize I know nothing...

"How about a round of WTF's for everyone? It's on the house". (as originally posted by Encatuse)

Reefer Rogue is offline Registered+
    I don't see how it can be bad for you. I only have a bubbler rite now but i'm getting a new bong soon. I'll put ice in it if i feel like it.
    PEACE

'Why should one be judged by the colour of their skin, instead of the qualities they show from deep within?' - Peter Tosh

If they dont instantly know what you are talking about just walk away.
    Kraloth:
    http://boards.cannabis.com/recreatio...rger-then.html

Nochowderforyou is offline Registered+
    I prefer ice or ice water in a bong/bubbler. It cools the smoke very nicely. I prefer the ice though. I can just slide a few cubes in the top of my bong, and when I'm done, just take them back out with very little water drainage in my bong. Usinh water I find kind of fogs up my bong and has a musky taste after, so I like ice or the infamous rice (dry) in my bong.

I never did try the rice....I forgot about that! I usually put a little water and crushed ice in my bong....definitely cools it down!

"How about a round of WTF's for everyone? It's on the house". (as originally posted by Encatuse)

Epic is offline Registered+
    There is no way cold air could be bad for you. I, however, do not enjoy it. It always makes it harder to hit for me. Have you ever left a warm room in the middle of winter to go outside and choked for a second when you tried to inhale the cold air? It does that to me.

That's interesting...for some reason it hits smoother for me with the ice. But I get that choke feeling, too when it's really cold outside...someone told me that it's bad for your lungs to put ice in the bong...who knows?!

lil josh is offline Registered+
    yer i like ice in a bong allows me to take much bigger hits i usually put about 4 ice cubes and some water ma bong is only a lil baby tho
    Have fun and enjoy weed responsibly.
    I look at weed as a hobbie not an addiction..why? Because weed is a hobbie not an addiction.

Quote Originally Posted by RamblerGambler
    The stupid nurse actually believed me when I told her I could walk on my own. I showed her.
    Muslims Have Mekka, Christians Have Jerusalem, Stoners Have Amsterdam

Password= legalise

Skink is offline Registered+
    eggs,bacon and hashbrowns are supposed to be bad too... I would not worry about ice in your bong...

Markass is offline Registered+
    I put ice water in my bong when I smoke. It hits harder and tastes better.
    Pictures and information posted under this username are duplicated, and should in no way be taken seriously, as it is only a joke.(period)

Ron Paul is freedom

"If Tyranny and Oppression Come to this Land, it Will be in the Guise of Fighting a Foreign Enemy" - James Madison

"What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country!"

smoke it is offline Registered+
    warm water----filters out the tar and shit better

ice----gives a smoother hit

if your worried about your health, use warm water. i smoke cigs anyway, so fuck it
    Quote Originally Posted by kindprincess View Post
    enlightening hell, last time i saw a demon, i beat his ass and made him my bitch!
    Quote Originally Posted by Samwhore View Post
    we fly high...
    no lie...
    you know its....

JESUS!
    In the eyes of a ranger,
    The unsuspected stranger
    Had better know the truth of wrong from right,
    Cause the eyes of a ranger are upon you,
    Any wrong you do he's gonna see,
    When youre in Texas look behind you,
    Cause that's where the rangers are gonna be

gs8778 is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by Nochowderforyou View Post
    or the infamous rice (dry) in my bong.
    wtf?!?
    Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time

Skink is offline Registered+
    never heard of or thought of rice,,,lots of surface area to absorbe tar... I must try it...

There was a huge thread about rice in a bong. I haven't tried it but you can do it. Still, ice > rice imo.
    PEACE

'Why should one be judged by the colour of their skin, instead of the qualities they show from deep within?' - Peter Tosh

Kraloth:

Cannab1sman is offline Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by JR77 View Post
    ...someone told me that it's bad for your lungs to put ice in the bong...who knows?!
    Hiya,

No, cold air from a bong would not cause you any problems. There have been documented links between drinking ice-cold drinks and throat cancer (the main reason I drink all cold liquids at room temperature) and there is evidence that boiling hot liquids do the same. But cold air only has the real possibility of causing a paralysis of the cilia that line the air passages. and frankly the smoke does that within 30 seconds to 2 minutes anyway!

In fact, one of the real advantages of ice in a bong (with or without water) would be to dramatically cool the smoke down thereby probably reducing your risk of throat cancer (although the smoke particles itself would not be 'healthy')

The only exception to this would be that people with Asthma would possibly precipitate an attack from the cold air, just as they would breathing in freezing air outside on a cold day.

Other than that, no worries.

Ciao,

Cannab1sman (doctor)

The water in bongs does filter out carcinogens, right?
    PEACE

Kraloth:

MastaChronic is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Markass View Post
    I put ice water in my bong when I smoke. It hits harder and tastes better.
    ive put tea leaves in my bong water beofre, it gives it a nice taste

Cannab1sman is offline Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Reefer Rogue View Post
    The water in bongs does filter out carcinogens, right?
    Hi,

No, not really. It allows some of the particles to dissolve into the water but not a great deal of it does actually get dissolved because of the small amount of time its in contact with the water. Also tar is a lipid (fat) soluble particle which means that its hydrophobic (scared of water) and does not dissolve well or even at all in water. A small amount gets mixed with the bubbles created when drawing on the bong and gets stuck to the sides of the bong (that brown crud that sticks to the glass above the level of the water). Its mainly this method of the tar sticking to the sides that helps cut down on total tar in a bongs smoke. (I like the rice idea!!!!) Now you'd need a better solvent to filter out the tar (which has most of the cancer causing agents) but that'd mean using something like alcohol which would be a bad idea due to fires etc... Of course making a drink with the alcohol afterwards would give a pretty big kick!!!

Sorry if this does'nt reassure you but the only safe way to avoid the carcinogens in weed is to avoid the weed altogether (not gonna happen)

Cannab1sman

PS: Smoke from cannabis contains about 60 or so known carcinogens of which about 10 or so are known to cause cancer in humans and the rest are assumed to cause cancer.

wadejason is offline Registered+
    i like to fill my phx with hot water and ice cuz i think it hits smoothest like that. cold water and ice gives me a really dry smoke. i like having a big bong and hot water cuz it kinda creates this water vapor like feeling, much smoother i think. i feel like i can recover from hot water hits better than cold water and ice.

b0Ng h!tz 4 mE is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by wadejason View Post
    i like to fill my phx with hot water and ice cuz i think it hits smoothest like that. cold water and ice gives me a really dry smoke. i like having a big bong and hot water cuz it kinda creates this water vapor like feeling, much smoother i think. i feel like i can recover from hot water hits better than cold water and ice.
    hot water and ice?

i might try that
    stoned is the way of the walk

lmao, bad for you... lmao... lmao..

ice is the ONLY thing i put in my bong, no water, just ice to cool the smoke...

Quote Originally Posted by Cannab1sman View Post
    Hi,

No, not really. It allows some of the particles to dissolve into the water but not a great deal of it does actually get dissolved because of the small amount of time its in contact with the water. Also tar is a lipid (fat) soluble particle which means that its hydrophobic (scared of water) and does not dissolve well or even at all in water. A small amount gets mixed with the bubbles created when drawing on the bong and gets stuck to the sides of the bong (that brown crud that sticks to the glass above the level of the water). Its mainly this method of the tar sticking to the sides that helps cut down on total tar in a bongs smoke. (I like the rice idea!!!!) Now you'd need a better solvent to filter out the tar (which has most of the cancer causing agents) but that'd mean using something like alcohol which would be a bad idea due to fires etc... Of course making a drink with the alcohol afterwards would give a pretty big kick!!!

Sorry if this does'nt reassure you but the only safe way to avoid the carcinogens in weed is to avoid the weed altogether (not gonna happen)

Cannab1sman

PS: Smoke from cannabis contains about 60 or so known carcinogens of which about 10 or so are known to cause cancer in humans and the rest are assumed to cause cancer.
    I thought all carcinogens were eliminated while vaporizing...

Good info though, i've heard about stuides from norml but forget what they found out. At least it filters out some of the carcinogens, better then a pipe imo. I love bongs way too much to stop or use a different method. Even if there are carcinogens still left there, i've never heard of anyone getting cancer from cannabis.

Also, do you consume carcinogens if you eat it? I'm curious.
    PEACE

Kraloth:

no you don't consume carcinogens from eating it, (correct me i'm wrong anyone, but i'm pretty damned sure of this...) no a water bong does not filter out all the carcinogens, and actually according to those nomrl studies, it showed it was even taking away 'the high' (i want to say thc here, but someone will come back and say thc isn't the only thing that gets you high, which i know, but i can't think of the right word to use in this situation..)

Yeah, that's right. I don't think you consume carcinogens while eating it either i just wasn't 100% sure. Well, norml can say what they like, i know i get high as hell from my bong and that's the way it will continue
    PEACE

Kraloth:

hazetwostep is offline Registered+
    you don't consume any carcinogens from eating except if there were chemicals used on the plant or on the soil containing them. marijuana itself has positive nutritional values when ingested.

vaporizing eliminates the vast marjority (95% i believe) of carcinogens, not to mention that it is tar-free, when used properly. it however does not release all the different kinds of cannabinols present, though it does release the main one that is attributed for causing the desired effects (delt-9-tetrahydrocannibinol).

ice in the bong technically is a less healthy smoke, but is nice as it is easy on your throat. it is less healthy because it allows you to pull more smoke in, resulting in more tissue irritation. it allows you to hold it longer, also leading to more irritation. it also causes parts of the lungs to contract, pulling in more THC as well as carcinogens. water in general also strips the smoke of some THC, which sucks to lose! haha

there are a couple other negative aspects that have been suggested by research that i cannot recall right now as my mind has shutdown to recharge after this semester.

Nochowderforyou is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by b0Ng h!tz 4 mE View Post
    hot water and ice?

i might try that
    No no no. Hot water and ice mixed together creates a vapor that increases pressure. There is a good chance your glass bong will crack or break if you do that. I once put wine glasses that came from the freezing cold outside, inside a hot dishwasher, and they all exploded as soon as it turned on. So no, I would avoid mixing those together.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast