View Poll Results: How much water in your bong?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • A - Slide not submerged in water

1 1.79%
  • B - Slide partially submerged in water

21 37.50%
  • C - Slide fully submerged in water

32 57.14%
  • Other (??) (no water?)

2 3.57%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How much water do you fill your bong with?

Dutch Masta is offline Registered+

How much water do you fill your bong with?

just curious what everyone does with this.. never really been sure of which way is the proper way to do this.. i attatched a quick little paint diagram too
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How much water do you fill your bong with?-untitled.jpg  
    petes couch till i'm 86

Cautios is offline Registered+
    Well, I'd assume submerged, same as a hookah/shisha. Since that is how it would seem the air would be cooled and the like.

i use ice only in my bong now.. no water.

SpaceCaptainDimi is offline Registered+
    ...if you don't even have the downstem in the water, it's completely useless to be using a bong.

pixel is offline Registered+
    if anyone chooses #1 you're an idiot go back to your pipe its the exact same thing
    Flick your BIC Expand your mind

And when your world seems cold, you got to let your spirit take control.
    Let your soul shine,
    Its better than sunshine,
    Its better than moonshine,
    And damn sure better than rain.
    Lord now people dont mind,
    We all get this way sometimes,
    Gotta let your soul shine, shine till the break of day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mj7PS3k2O1g

mr_vega is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by pixel View Post
    if anyone chooses #1 you're an idiot go back to your pipe its the exact same thing
    you're right. why use a bong if you dont submerge the slide??

MastaChronic is offline Banned
    i get the slide deep in the water so that it makes a real nice bubbling noise.

SmokingPlatypus is offline Registered+
    The point of a bong is so that the smoke will be filtered slightly/cooled by the water/ice/other fluid that you have in there. For this to be accomplished, the smoke has to go from bowl > stem > water > chamber > mouth. If it's out of the water, then you will not get the benefit of water, and then you're basically just smoking a fancy pipe. The longer distance that the smoke has to travel through the water (or ice, or other liquid), the more filtering/cooling you get.

--------------------------------------------------------------
    "If the words "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on."
    -Terence McKenna
    --------------------------------------------------------------

synesthetic is offline Registered
    The slide needs to be fully submerged and also deep enough to produce a good strong bubbling. Otherwise I find the smoke way too hot and unpleasant tasting.

I had no idea people used bongs without submerging slides. That doesn't seem effective since the smoke doesn't have much contact with the water. Well, I guess many prefer that.

biohazard is offline Registered+
    the more water the more it cleans and cools the smoke... so i fully submerge my slide

i feel like the more i submerge it, the less smoke i end up getting so i try not to completely submerge it anymore. Its not like the water is doing anything but cooling it, its not gonna get you higher and it wouldnt "just be like a pipe" either because even with no water its more like a giant pipe, and any less water just makes room for even more smoke. but it could just be my bong
    petes couch till i'm 86

b0Ng h!tz 4 mE is offline Registered+
    I just make sure the waters above the bottom of the stem.. but about an inch high of water should do it, depends on the bong really and how high the stem is.. oh and dont forget the ice
    stoned is the way of the walk

Chronic.Tonic is offline Registered+
    When I first read this I picked partialy submerged because I thought fully submerged was like near water puring out the downstem. I never used that much water, but when I used to own a bong I would just pour water in until it sounded right. Never looked at the depth just listen for the perfect bubble
    It is a time when, even if nets
    were to guide to all consciousness
    that had been converted to
    photons and electrons toward
    coalescing. Standalone
    individuals have not yet been
    converted into data to the extent
    that they can form unique
    components of a larger complex.

Domiko is offline Registered+
    To the brim.

/sarcastic
    Domiko

pixel is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Masta View Post
    i feel like the more i submerge it, the less smoke i end up getting so i try not to completely submerge it anymore. Its not like the water is doing anything but cooling it, its not gonna get you higher and it wouldnt "just be like a pipe" either because even with no water its more like a giant pipe, and any less water just makes room for even more smoke. but it could just be my bong
    actually you can get higher the only way to get higher is to take bigger hits, the way that works is that it reaches the deeper part of the lung now take a look at this: http://www.massgeneral.org/cancer/cr...ungs_front.jpg

the more Alveoli that are in use when you take your breath, the bigger the surface area of the smoke and more can get into your bloodstream at once.

when passing through the water cools the smoke, it gives you the ability to inhale more. it also lets you breath far deeper and hit your whole lung instead of a bit. when more THC enters your bloodstream at once you feel it far stronger than if you take little hits and let it enter slowly and gradually

the water also filters out a slight amount of shit you don't want in your lungs. granted its not a perfect filter it still hits a relatively good amoutn of carcinogens and keeps em in the water. thats why the water gets brown.

how many times have you not been able to take in more air after finishing a water filtered hit compared to your pipe? personally i never breathe in as much as i posisbly can when using a pipe or ill cough my ass off and i really dont cough easily anymore
    Last edited by pixel; Jan-13-2007 at 06:18.
    Flick your BIC Expand your mind

And when your world seems cold, you got to let your spirit take control.
    Let your soul shine,
    Its better than sunshine,
    Its better than moonshine,
    And damn sure better than rain.
    Lord now people dont mind,
    We all get this way sometimes,
    Gotta let your soul shine, shine till the break of day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mj7PS3k2O1g

Yup I see what you mean. But leaving the slide only partially submerged in the water also allows the unsubmerged half of the pipe for air to pass through in its place, so I actually prefer the way it hits with a lot less effort this way.
    petes couch till i'm 86

nikweiser is offline Registered+
    bongs are ment to be atleast halfway up the female piece... they are suppose to perk a lot and you hit it slow so you dont get any water in your mouth
    and all my female pieces are usually ending up at the bottom of the bong.. not cutting short halfway..
    your poll is kinda weird but it makes sense

. Swisher Sweets. .

Uproot the Propaganda, not the plant.

Protect your secrets with silence

aznson01 Guest
    idiot hahaha u have to have the downstem in water, thats kind of the purpose of a bong....

Nochowderforyou is offline Registered+
    Well the slide tube has to be in the water otherwise you're just smoking a dry pice, with water in the bottom.

I cover mind in #3 I guess. I cover it about 1/4 an inch or so.

lil josh is offline Registered+
    so the slide is fully submerged
    Have fun and enjoy weed responsibly.
    I look at weed as a hobbie not an addiction..why? Because weed is a hobbie not an addiction.

Quote Originally Posted by RamblerGambler
    The stupid nurse actually believed me when I told her I could walk on my own. I showed her.
    Muslims Have Mekka, Christians Have Jerusalem, Stoners Have Amsterdam

Password= legalise

Quote Originally Posted by aznson01 View Post
    idiot hahaha u have to have the downstem in water, thats kind of the purpose of a bong....
    if that was directed at me.. then I hope all your plants turn male. Everyone comes here to learn *something* and I never even said once not to put it in water.. so go fuck yourself.

Im mainly wondering how many people fully submerge it and how many people only partially submerge it so that air can pass through as well. But suprisingly someone actually did vote A? I used to fully submerge it but I just feel like it works better with some air passing through.
    petes couch till i'm 86

dankus maximus is offline Registered+
    well, on a regular downstem i say an inch above the bottom of the slide is usually good, as in you need to put alot mreo water in to make any difference(and the difference in "smoothness" with alot more water is probably partially explained by a smaller chamber).

however recently on my diffused piece, i find it hits REALLY well with water just barely covering all the holes of the diffuser.
    A friend in need is a friend indeed.....BUT A FRIEND WITH WEED IS BETTER!

Pipe Dreams is offline Registered+
    I put mine to where its just barely totally under the water.
    People are sad now.

Check out...
    TokingTunes

THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES!

Quote Originally Posted by RamblerGambler View Post
    ...He just calmly sat there yakking away, juggling 3 bowls, 3 lighters, and a worthless brain.

raz420 is offline Registered
    So the tube is like an inch into the water. I just had a few hits
    Laters.

suhl is offline Registered+
    i have a bubbler but i get it full as i can without it coming back and splaishing into my mouth. people using it have put liek enough water in it so the stem is barely in the water and it just gets the water dirty faster and makes the water more useless
    caught a beer in a brown paper sack two dollars away from the rent

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast