Thread: how good is kief?

420purpHAZE420 is offline Registered+

how good is kief?

ive never really tried smoking kief, but im going to florida soon and i was thinking that mabe i should buy a grinder with a kief catcher, bc me and my friends are going to buy a ounce, which would give us a nice amount of kief...so how much better is kief then normal weed, is it really worth spending $30-$40 on a grinder?
    "Make the most of the Indian hemp seed,
    and sow it everywhere!" - George Washington

George Washington grew weed for 30 years and smoked it to treat his tooth aches. If our first president smoked weed, then I should be able to smoke weed also!

orange floyd is offline Registered+
    well if you dont grind the bud, then itll just be on the bud,and youll have a lot of nice bud. if you seperate the keif, then your left with less-potent bud and keif which you have to smoke with bud from what ive heard.

420purpHAZE420 is offline Registered+
    i would usually break up the bud in my hands, so im probably losing kief...or my buddy has a grinder without a kief catcher, so id probably lose kief that was also
    "Make the most of the Indian hemp seed,
    and sow it everywhere!" - George Washington

George Washington grew weed for 30 years and smoked it to treat his tooth aches. If our first president smoked weed, then I should be able to smoke weed also!

mr_vega is offline Registered+
    i smoked some kief-hash last night that i made using Nochowder's sticky. o MAN it was really harsh to smoke. very dry, not that pleasent. im gonna just put it in a spliff instead.

Jacop is offline Banned
    IN my opinion.... NO. Plus when you have some of those hard core dealers come around you'll hear "Where i come from, we dont use grinders" lol
    KEif is overrated.

Nochowderforyou is offline Registered+
    The kif all depends on the quality of cannabis it came from. If it came from Shagg weed, then the kif will be shaggish too, and won't be super great. If you shake kif from high quality smoke, then the kif you will get will be even better.

So, if the weed you get the kif from is not so great, then the kif won't be so great, but I have shook kif before, and when you took a hit, it was like 6 hits at once, all to the head.

Kif is good, if it comes from good pot. Bad pot=bad kief. It's a simple equation with a simple solution.

I just use a coffee grinder to collect my kif. After I bust an ounce or so through there, I clean it, and it leaves me with a nice 1-2gram pile of kif, that I press into hash. Coffee grinder cost me $12.99 at Wal-Mart.

PdoubleOTY is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by orange floyd View Post
    well if you dont grind the bud, then itll just be on the bud,and youll have a lot of nice bud. if you seperate the keif, then your left with less-potent bud and keif which you have to smoke with bud from what ive heard.
    i do believe this is a false statement becuase most of the active cannaboids and stuff is IN the bud, keif is just the resin glands/crystals that fall off when you grind it..they are either gonna end up on your fingers/baggies/jars/or grinder, so why not smoke it if you can save it.The amount of potency you loose from grinding bud is not even noticeable
    So, was chillin with and they were .Where is the ? said to .They did a little for some $, bought some . and pack a ,, and . After gettin real , they and

ukmonkey is offline Registered+
    I smoked some kief once it was my mate who smokes a q a week and had stored it up for months, We just sprinkled a pinch n some baccy and skinned up an it was so fucking good! I was shaking! but i would nevr have the patence to save it little and often I say.

JordaN23 is offline Registered+
    okay for one thing fuck
    you dont lose the thc when you grind.
    whatever you touch the weed with loses the thc
    scissors start to get buildup of crystals, my fingers do. everything does.
    second kief is amazing. but it is yes very harsh so if you try to power hoot it your a noob
    - Jordan -

Quote Originally Posted by Damon32 View Post
    And the least you could do is return the favor to "Fluffy" and mix a lil' bud in his nip for his pleasure.......It's only fair when your pinching from the cats stash....

couch-potato is offline Registered+
    Buy a grinder.

The bud will burn smoother and more efficiently. The crystal loss is hardly noticable, and after a few days you'll get a nice surprise.

Trust me bro it's worth it, I absolutely love my grinder
    "Syd [Barrett] was sitting there at the table, and the box of cereal was between us. And he was watching the box of cereal the way that I would watch Star Trek on television. He was seeing something I wasn't seeing. I don't know what he was on, but he could have sat there all day, staring into that cereal, and he would have been just as happy as anybody else."
    -Alice Cooper
    Quote Originally Posted by NightProwler View Post
    LISTEN TO COUCH POTATO, THE MAN KNOWS WHAT HES TALKING ABOUT

funky not a junky is offline Registered+
    I dont particularly care for straight kief, it is definately a letdown, althought it lasts a long time. Btw i get kief from the club. It is not the type of high i desire IMO. However, kief in a fat joint will always help send you to the moon. Its your own decesion, grinders are worth it though.
    im a funky not a junky but i know where to get it

asphyxiation kills braincells, plants dont

Dont hate the ignorant, its not their fault, I was ignorant once, but now i have seen the light

smoke great quantities of great quality.

Just to add to the 'grinders are great' theory...

They are NOT great if you happen to buy some damp bud. Im talking damp bud, not wet, so its at least smokable. If you try and grind up damp bud, for some reason youll be left with a very small amount of ground-up bud at the end.
    They ARE great if you have dry bud. Not ridiculously dry that it crumbles in yer fingers, but dry so that when you grind it, it fluffs up nicely.

WTF was the point of this post? Im not even stoned!

EzRyder is offline Registered+
    Fucking amazing is right...I get fuckin chronic buds and always throw my bud in the grinder with the kief screen and it still smokes like chronic. I'll usually sprinkle sum kief on top a bowl or dip my cig into the kief pile for a lil buzz on the way to class..Im 110% for grinders with the catch..how could u not be?

o ya and if ur getting damp weed or some dried up shit, hey man it aint the grinders fault.....u get poop weed!
    "What you are and what you do is your religion" Jimi Hendrix, London 1969