Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: what exactly is popcorn?

stinkyattic is offline CultiModerVatorAtor
    Okay. Old thread, pointless bump, but here goes.
    Dankus Maximus had the first correct post on this thread.

'Popcorn' refers to small, fluffy, airy, often improperly matured buds that come from low on the cannabis plant.
    Many growers actually REMOVE low branches and rub off potential bud sites on the lower part of the main stalk so that popcorn buds cannot grow, and all the plant's energy is directed to the prime top colas, which are of higher quality, easier to trim, and mature all at once.
    Popcorn buds are of such low value, and so hard to trim, that often they are simply added to the scrap pile to be converted to hash later, along with the leaf trim. Personally, I save mine in a big paper bag and process them into high grade 'washed' cannabutter for making medical-grade caramels later on.

The buds shown are not popcorn buds. That is unidentifiable BRICK. lol.

420_24/7 is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkyattic View Post
    Okay. Old thread, pointless bump, but here goes.
    Dankus Maximus had the first correct post on this thread.

'Popcorn' refers to small, fluffy, airy, often improperly matured buds that come from low on the cannabis plant.
    Many growers actually REMOVE low branches and rub off potential bud sites on the lower part of the main stalk so that popcorn buds cannot grow, and all the plant's energy is directed to the prime top colas, which are of higher quality, easier to trim, and mature all at once.
    Popcorn buds are of such low value, and so hard to trim, that often they are simply added to the scrap pile to be converted to hash later, along with the leaf trim. Personally, I save mine in a big paper bag and process them into high grade 'washed' cannabutter for making medical-grade caramels later on.

The buds shown are not popcorn buds. That is unidentifiable BRICK. lol.
    Hey stinky, I think all the confusion in this thread stemmed from two different meanings for the term popcorn. I think your definition would be the more widely accepted of the two, but for the purpose of this thread the other definition would be more appropriate. In some areas of Texas and most likely other places, popcorn does refer to the mid-grade bud in the pictures, and this is the type being discussed in this thread.
    "I smoke a lot of pot"

NaughtyDreadz is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by delta_9_fools View Post
    I know a Brazillian guy who called my hair popcorn. (it's curly.)

Also, that just looks like schwag.
    I'm brazilian and I have no clue what you're on about...

pit6ull420 is offline Registered+
    yea that looks like reggie but im talkin about
    real popcorn buds , the light green fluffy ones
    that taste like fruit and smell like pine

kushsmokah420 is offline Registered
    im in dallas, tx and popcorn is the shit, if you're not smokin' some exotic

it goes like this
    schwag = 3.5 g/10$
    popcorn= 2 g/10$
    Exotic=1 g/20-25$

popcorn is the shit i buy when im not smokin' exotic cuz it is dank as fuck and has very few seeds...what was posted in that pic was straight BRICK, popcorn is small buds that break apart very sticky and have your hands covered in small little crystals

pit6ull420 is offline Registered+
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails what exactly is popcorn?-popcorn.jpg   what exactly is popcorn?-popcorn2.jpg  

smok3y is offline Registered+
    ^^ Brick weed ^^
    R.I.P
    David Steele
    "Gone But Never Forgotten"

I know you don't smoke weed, I know this..
    but I'm gonna get you high today..
    'cause it's Friday' you ain't got no job... and you ain't got shit to do..

jaGerbom is offline Registered+
    i imagine smoking popcorn would be pretty harsh. maybe try melting some butter and layin it on there.

you could even try eating popcorn. ive seen people do this before. like at the movies and such.
    Let us burn one, from end to end.And pass is over to me my friend.Burn it long, but burn it slow,to light me up before I go.If you dont like my fire, then dont come around.Cause I'm gonna burn one down.Yes I'm gonna burn one down.

PlantHeadJ is offline Registered+
    Wow, I never realized that so many folks have never had the killer before. Like conversations with people about their grow. They say " yeah mine is the bomb!" I look at it and say you poor soul you don't know what the bomb is. Then comes the 4 hours of them being planted on my recliner drooling. So it's all relevant to what you're able to come by and the goofy names people come up with for twill. I guess if I tried to sell it I would call it something that souds appealing to the masses that think name defines quality. Anyway I am curious as to how people know that it is " 'dro" as opposed to soil grown?!? And as far as popcorn goes, all experienced growers i know from around the world agree with STinky.

Man my gut hurts from laughing........
    Peace

RobPA is offline Registered+
    Everyone on here is so rough on the peeps who only have access to brick. I was at that point many times when I was younger where all I could find was that brick shit. I will pick up a few ounces of regs sometimes and either cook with it or roll a bunch of blunts/joints. It is deff true that a majority of the bricks I get are Sativa dominant. That is my biggest prob right now, around here its hard to get anything other then Heavy Indicas in the "Exotic" department, I dont have the luxury of getting any Exotic Sativas. I cant start another crop for another few weeks until im totally sure of my living situation, so it sucks at the moment! I'll never bag on anyone for the weed they smoke, just cause I am smokin somthin' better! All you damn CA posters are way to spoiled!!!

Sauce is offline Registered+
    what you got their is some shwag aka backyard boogie, bammer weed ect. here in fortworth is the only place ive heard anyone use this term for weed, popcorn is just shwag thats not as seedy and tends to be fluffy instead of dense, its just weed somebody grew in their backyard and their plants got pollinated
    Lifes a garden, dig it - Joe dirt

twitch is offline Registered+
    alot of people clowned on him for asking its just different slag for
    the area it was a good question

in Texas pop corn is mid grade bud not shwag by any means
    i wont cook with shwag i look for pop (popcorn) to cook and
    roll blunts

so for all the people that made fun of him for asking FUCK YOU
    people shouldn't fear asking a question on here because of a prick
    who makes fun of them
    i am not attacking any one in general more as a whole

bmx4life1 is offline Registered
    i just had sum popcorn earlier me an 2 other people smoked a blunt and we were pretty high

JToons is offline Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by montyhatesyou View Post
    http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4...u/PIC-0001.jpg
    thats what im being sold as popcorn
    that look like sum straight greens to me

JD1stTimer is offline Registered+
    Beating a dead horse, but I know this guy who goes to Allen to get this "popcorn" shit everyone raves about around here...

Except this one lady who was like "You looking for regs or mids? I can't get mids or dro right now because it was real humid and rainy and the guy got mold problems but I can get you regs for about $50/half". Well, I got it and it was the nicest weed I've had so far from the Northeast DFW/Southern Oklahoma scene....
    You know you're high when you wonder why moms everywhere choose Lysol when to normal squares it's no wonder. And if a Woolite Pod commercial somehow makes you think of sex.

tasermebro is offline Registered+
    I agree a lot of yu are just spoiled.

POPCORN IS MIDS MOST LIKELY FROM ARIZONA.IN OHIO WE CALL IT REGGIE!!!

dooobster is offline Registered+
    Orville Reddenbacher is rolling over in his grave.

hp2skater is offline Registered
    LOL that shit aint popcorn, more like a damn POTATOE

smoking99 is offline Registered

talking code

when talking in code about weed over the phone "popcorn", we were talking about seeds. If the weed had a lot of seeds we'd say, "it was full of popcorn". I hope that helps. Happy trails

MasterJunk38 is offline Registered

Lightbulb I'd never heard of this term

Quote Originally Posted by Droplet View Post
    6grams of popcorn for 20 dollers so yeah its bleh
    till today......in my curiosity found this here site - and was curious to what it's all about - doesn't sound like the kine' kind

was wondering if it was worth getting, but so cheap makes my alarms go off...like you're not getting the bes'

hmmm...inquiring minds want to know....

up in plano anyway

dtb
    dtb is offline Registered
    DAMM!!!!

I feel bad... i had so much to say readin all this but short term memmory kicked in...

tht picture u had looks like regs to me. around here popcorn jst a name people give to the oz they jst copped so it draws more attention to people. Now we got lil gits thinkin they got the best shit b/c its not called balled up regs but its called popcorn.

It really depends everywhere u go but to me if its not krip, piff, or a certain type of strain u pay 25+ for a half 1/8 ur dumb as dirt.

sum dmb ppl out there, i know i call sell shwag,reggs, or the lowest quality of weed and call it "CANNABIS" and sell 1.5 g for like 15. and they'll come back

Gunner420 is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by montyhatesyou View Post
    where i live there are only three kinds of weed, schwag, popcorn and dro, and i still have no idea what popcorn is except that its great. the only thing ive heard is that it was homegrown but from someone who didnt know what they were talking about, does anyone know what it is?
    everytime ive heard someone refer to popcorn when it comes to weed theyre referring to popcorn buds, which are just small buds, and the weed in that pic u have just looks like typical brick/schwagg

filo6942 is offline Registered+
    wtf? to me popcorn is those little little buds in your stash that you cant grind up and are just tiny little balls. I prefer to cook these.

matrx10503 is offline Registered
    YouTube - Fat B - Pop Corn (Prod. by Justbeatz)

Popcorn...extra butter no seeds :-)

and as the song says.....the prices are bout right....$50 for a half and whole a bill
    been a while since I've got to got to D-Town...but yeah ppl be taxing on it for sure..........when I was there couple years ago.....the game was crazy for
    a while few months ago, so I don't know the prices now
    I might have somebody run some from Dallas soon
    but ill be back in Dallas first week June (woot)......nd see whats up

iono bout what you have/had.....but i've had some popcorn or "'corn"
    and it like maybe a lesser version of some Chronic....soo maybe some "Dallas Chronic" would be a proper name for it
    not as potent/strong as say some Cali Chronic...but it most definitely hits...
    possibly...upper mid-level....

killakajosh904 is offline Registered
    i thought popcorn was weed grown in the u.s. thats a hermaphadite plant style. schwag shit is the mexican that grows in the open. popcorn buds are from the bottom of the plant. they can be dank or reggie. popcorn mids is just less seeds thats not all bricked up from goin over the border. weeds weed. i just want to know about it. i only toke chronic anyways.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast