Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Cost for a clone?

jash420 is offline Registered+

Cost for a clone?

I'm not from cali, but this is not limited to people from cali.. What is the average cost for a indica clone usually? And exactly how big would a rooted clone be exactly that one would but from a co-op?
    "A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeeded be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death."
    -Albert Einstein

allrollsin21 is offline Registered+
    in CA i have spent $8-12 on clones. I have heard of clubs selling them for as much as 20.
    "If we want a beautiful garden, we must first have a blueprint in the imagination, a vision" - His Holiness the Dalai Lama

stinkyattic is offline CultiModerVatorAtor
    I've seen a wide range of clones. Anything from 2 exposed nodes and sickly to a freaking mini bush with multiple growing tips.

There are a few guidelines to follow:
    PESTS: A guarantee that the clone is pest and disease free merits higher cost
    ROOT STATUS: A clone with visible roots is worht more than one that is only partially rooted.
    STRAIN: An elite or medically valuable strain, or one that is notoriously difficult to propagate, is worht more.
    HEALTH: Don't pay more than $10 for a clone that you have any questions on its health, or request that you be given extras to guarantee that the number you PAID for actually SURVIVE.
    SIZE: More nodes and more growing tips makes for a more valuable clone

painretreat is offline Registered+
    Thanks for all this good info. Seems I was looking at price and not much else. Here in South. CA; there is a guy that comes to our monthly meeting, sells starting at $25.00! Way too much and not much to offer. Now, I have ?'s to ask, etc. I have been planing to get one I can handle thru the hot month and then have at it! Not so easy, as this is apparent!

This INFORMATION IS PRICELESS, you cannot get it in a book! Only here on Can. com!!! Thanks again, ever so much for all this great info. Hopefully, one day, I'll know enough to contribute through my experience!!!

IanCurtisWishlist is offline Registered+
    [QUOTE=painretreat;1884141]. Here in South. CA; there is a guy that comes to our monthly meeting, sells starting at $25.00! Way too much and not much to offer. Now, I have ?'s to ask, etc. I have been planing to get one I can handle thru the hot month and then have at it! Not so easy, as this is apparent!
    QUOTE]

This is why I hate medical marijuana sometimes. Sometimes medical marijuana "clinics" rip people off. This guy is obviously ripping people off.

Now, I paid 4 dollars per clone at a cannabis club in OAKLAND for some good WHITE RUSSIAN-- which flowered into some beautiful buds which were smoked loooong long ago! My ass would be sore if I paid 25 dollars per clone--probably because I would be getting fucked so bad (haha do you get it??)
    Could these sensations make me feel the pleasures of a normal man?

dillstill is offline Registered

cost of clones

All that sounds reasonable to me. I heard from a friend in Colorado who said that she paid $100 for a shaky "plant" that had served as a mother most recently (I saw a photo of it). Rooted "plants" were $200 but she said they looked fairly healthy. The abused mother plant died. The woman who nursed it is an experienced grower.

I thought it sounded fishy but now it sounds more so. I posted a while ago on CO med mj board asking for comments on this Colorado Springs dispensary (they call it depository).

any comments??

dill

---still lookin for cc1

painretreat is offline Registered+
    ICurtisWL: I agree, the prices are outrageous since medical mj!! Same club sells one ounce for $375.00! Needless to say, I am buring the pages of the gro FAQ's and logs in my brain!! I am tired of being ripped off. At least I might get some results from a clone this late in the grow year!

lunarose is offline Registered+
    Hi,

I am in S. Ca too and just bought three clones at my local club for $10 a piece on special normally $15 each. I will have had them two weeks on Monday and so far so good. I have them in soil in a green house. With the heat we have been having I have had to keep a close watch so they don't dry out.

MVP
    MVP is offline Registered+
    Well rooted, healthy, top quality clones of sought after strains will run from a low of 10 bucks to a high of 20 bucks in my experience buying them in the Van Nuys/Reseda area. Be sure to inspect the roots closely as well as the growth shoots.

Last time at the coop I paid 15 bucks each for 2 healthy Kushman's Strawberry Cough clones and 2 Grandaddy Purple clones that were completely rooted through and stood about 5 inches tall.

Hope that helps...

IanCurtisWishlist is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by painretreat View Post
    ICurtisWL: I agree, the prices are outrageous since medical mj!! Same club sells one ounce for $375.00! Needless to say, I am buring the pages of the gro FAQ's and logs in my brain!! I am tired of being ripped off. At least I might get some results from a clone this late in the grow year!
    I bet you'd be surprised at how many cannabis clubs are actually being ran by organized crime--people with criminal records who sell powders and pills too (and they have the police record to prove it!)

This was a problem with a cannabis club in central california (Modesto). The DEA shut them down because they were selling medical MJ to people off the street with no valid recommendation. They also had illegal firearms on the premises.

I am joining your ranks--I am happy to say that I just sampled some dying, yellow fan leaves from my plant and even they smelled like some good chronic--2 hits of dying crappy fan leaves and i got a little head change it saved me 5 bucks!
    Could these sensations make me feel the pleasures of a normal man?

myjohnson9 is offline Registered+
    Where is the best place to get clones in Socal????? I had a terrible experience at the last dispensary I bought clones from. They wanted $25 a piece, when i'm used to paying $10, and they were terrible. They were retarding from switching light cycles (the guy said they were under 24 hour but when I got there the light was off) and they were severly overwatered to the point they had fungus nats. I was desperate and at least they were well rooted, so I bought them. I cut holes in the cups and got nematodes for the nats and they're flowering under the HPS, looking much better. Anways, i'm looking to get 2 new strains of some FIRE! any suggestions?

phatsesh101 is offline Registered+
    i like nrc thier clones are decent and they usually have a variety i bought one clone it cost me 18 but it was like a foot tall already

i also sale my clones for $5 each to the dispensaries like 50 at a time since i have to keep mommas small

myjohnson9 is offline Registered+
    Thank you.I'm not sure where nrc is? Anyone have a website or phone number? Also, is it not possible to send PMs on site? Thanks for all your help guys.

phatsesh101 is offline Registered+
    www..com it wont let me post it

(323) 871-9500
    Last edited by phatsesh101; Oct-10-2008 at 14:25.

canned abyss is offline Registered+
    I don't sell clones nor I am sure what the going rate of clones is, but to the people that are complaining about the high prices that are being charged, it seems like you have just become spoiled by an over-abundance of available clones and are not thinking about this realistically. People will easily pay well over $100 for 10 seeds that they have to grow out and hopefully get a good phenotype to select a mother from yet people are complaining about the prices of having rooted proven genetics that can then be cloned endlessly (in other words you can create your own mother and sell your own clones if you choose to do so). It doesn't make much sense to me.
    -canned abyss-

thelastpirate is offline Registered
    I agree. The prices for SEED are completely and utterly outrageous. $300 (or thereabouts) for 10!!! Give a 75% germ rate, and a 50% male ratio, you're looking at about $100 to $150 per seedling and you STILL have to grow it out for however long.

I'd be MORE than happy to pay top dollar for guaranteed female, well rooted clones, especially for quality genetics. $25 for a healthy, well rooted female clone sounds pretty reasonable to me. Someone took the time and trouble to select and root that clone, trays, peat pellets, lights, etc all cost money to produce those clones. Granted, the cutting itself is a freebie, but the cost of getting that clone to the dispensary isn't free.

If you were to pay even $50 per clone, and you bought 5, if you can grow at all you'll get around 10 oz. Depending on the prices in your area that's a significant savings over buying your meds in a dispensary or off the streets. Commercial growers can complain about the high prices of clones, but the dispensaries are not there to ensure the success and profitability of commercial grows. Just to take care of med patients.
    So to recap, you pay $250 for 5 clones, wait 8 weeks and get between 8 and 10 oz. Hell, at 5 ounces (1 per plant) you'll save about $1200 over buying. Start up costs (lights, pots, growing supplies etc.) are just the cost of doing this, and really can't be applied in totality to the final cost of the grow.

thelastpirate is offline Registered
    I couldn't edit, so I'll post an addendum.

C'mon over to MY place. We'll take us a drive and see just how many clones we can go find and buy over the counter. Oh, wait a minute, we don't have to go ANYWHERE to figure THAT one out... NONE!!!

Here, we're stuck ordering seed online, relying on the largess of others, or it's bagseed.

Has it REALLY been that long ago since pot was illegal in your state that you don't remember it? If it's legal in your state, count your many blessings that you can even go out and buy a clone of ANY kind.

VapedG13 is offline Registered+
    Clones are a 1 time investment.....if you know what you are doing...you only need 1 plant of the strain you want and your set

It doesnt mateer what you pay for the clone ....what maters is now you have the strains you want... and if you grow right... you will never have to buy anymore clones or weed again

I bought clones online about a year ago...pre98 bubba kush, purple kush, sour diesel and grand dad purple......I was charged $100 shipped

If I would have had to drive to Cali to get the clones $150 in gas... get a card another $150 then buy the clones $40...thats $340 its was cheaper for me to buy them online

$100 investment...... my return

Sour D plant gave me 8 ozs
    Bubba 6 ozs
    purple 4 ozs
    gdp 5 ozs

and now I have these strains forever
    Last edited by VapedG13; Sep-23-2009 at 19:37.

macky1 is offline Registered

clones

i am from england over here we usually pay 5 gbp per well rooted clones of decent strain but as they are illeagal a lot of people lie about the genetics now i prefer to buy seeds so you know the full background and feed scedule etc

dlz2157 is offline Registered
    phatsesh 1 ft tall thats amazing most places i got have only 6 inchers

growin4us is offline Registered

Crazy prices

Hey everyone! clones here in Oregon range from $7-$14.

I have heard of someone trying to sell them for $20+ however most of the time that is comming from a NON-Licensed grower just trying to make some money.

Networking is the very very best way to meet people who ARE cardholders and who are willing to help others. There are places in Portland that give you a free clone when you join and I have met TONS of local people online at Budbook.org who are willing to share and trade clones to other cardholders. (Its kinda like facebook for hipps)

Anyways Good luck!

X♥X♥X♥Ganja PrincessX♥X♥X♥

blazetbone is offline Registered+
    Colorado dispensarys are gouging for clones at $25+! My buddy and I went on a clone finding mission the other day and found some great genetics but had to pay for them!

All you need is one though and if it's good you are set!

oldhaole is offline Banned

Price of Clones.

Aloha,

On Maui clones cost $20 each. If you buy 10 they are $15 each. There are just a couple of people here that make them for sale.

Once aquired a clone is like a key. A small clone, with a little time can turn into a mother and can produce 10 clones every other week. Friends of mine have the same strain growing for many years, and they exclusively grow clones. But they are not for sale. They take the clones into the sugar cane fields to drop them and forget about them until harvest. They only go into the fields twice. A plant from seed will need four trips minimum to be checked, and it only takes one fag or male to ruin your patch. No such problems with clones.

There are people here that will not sell their clones. They will give you the clones but want 1/4 of your crop. They want to keep their finger in your pie.

My problem with clones is that no matter how good it is all the same. Even if it is the best you have ever smoked it is all the same. After a couple of months it will still taste the same. Variety is the spice of life and with clones variety is non existant.

TheBudReaper is offline Registered+
    Here in Oakland and Berkeley. $7-15

redtails is offline Registered+
    I made 6 clones right in front of a guy, showing how to do it himself, and told him he could smoke me out after harvest if he wanted to thank me...But I guess some people need to make a buck no matter what. I figure cloning info on the net is free so why not in real life? That being said I don't think $20 is bad at all, about the same as the price of a decent femmed seed, but the person that paid $100 for a sick clone got screwed royally...
    Shovelhandle likes this.
    Take everything said with a grain of salt, nobody knows everything and everybody knows nothing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast