Thread: Anyone here suffer from Vertigo?

4fingerlid is offline Registered+

Anyone here suffer from Vertigo?

I woke up about three days ago with my room spinning out of control and with nausea following. I couldnt evern go to work with the dizziness. I went to the doctor thinking perhaps I had high blood pressure. He prescribed Meclizine which helps relieve the symptoms for a few hours. I havent even smoked since this happened. Does anyone know if smoking may help?

jdmarcus59 is offline Registered+
    I had vertigo a number of years ago, I woke up one morning, jumped out

of bed, and landed right on my ass, I tryed to stand back up, and landed
    right back on my ass, I thought mabey I drank to much beer the night before

I was able to get to get to my job, I drove forklift for a big lumber mill.

I drove my lift out to are back yard to do inventory, I got of my forklift to
    take a look at a unit of lumber that was on top, and when I looked up my
    head started to spin, and I fell back on my ass again this time I landed in

a puddel of water I could not get back up, every time I tryed I fell back again
    I laid in the pudel for about a half an hour till one of my co workers found me
    they sent me home and it toke a few weeks before I got better. It was a weird trip. smoking weed did not help or hurt, it just took awhile to get back

to normal, well I,ve never been normal, but you know what I mean
    so just hang in there and you will feel better soon. Hope this helps a little...

Up In Smoke 420 is offline Registered+
    I don't know what vertigo is but one day I woke up and couldn't move at all I tried for like a minute or 2 then I made sure I was awake. Looked at the clock and looked back again and it said the same so I knew I was awake.

So my next reaction was to yell and I couldn't talk. I then felt really strange and finally could move again and talk. And then I was sweating balls. This happened before I ever smoke or drank or did anything. It was the scariest shit ever I felt like someone was behind me to. Just freaked me out. I want to say it all happened in like 5 minutes give or take a few minutes.

And I know this isnt vertigo but this kinda relates since it's right after we wake up.
    Last edited by Up In Smoke 420; Apr-27-2007 at 21:21.
    Soon it got dusk, a grapy dusk, a purple dusk over tangerine groves and long melon fields; the sun the color of pressed grapes, slashed with burgandy red, the fields the color of love and Spanish mysteries

Samwhore is offline Registered+
    No, I've never had it. Isn't there pills to help that you can take?

jdmarcus59 is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by Up In Smoke 420 View Post
    I don't know what vertigo is but one day I woke up and couldn't move at all I tried for like a minute or 2 then I made sure I was awake. Looked at the clock and looked back again and it said the same so I knew I was awake.

So my next reaction was to yell and I couldn't talk. I then felt really strange and finally could move again and talk. And then I was sweating balls. This happened before I ever smoke or drank or did anything. It was the scariest shit ever I felt like someone was behind me to. Just freaked me out. I want to say it all happened in like 5 minutes give or take a few minutes.

And I know this isnt vertigo but this kinda relates since it's right after we wake up.
    you where still in your REM sleep patern

Matt the Funk is offline Registered+
    Uhh idk if this is vertigo but I use to have to sit down cause I got real nasueas and the world started like spinning kinda slowly(getting faster) and then my head would hurt and then it would just stop. But idk why I got it lol, probably happened whne I stood up quickly.
    Everything in excess can be bad, except love and weed "Propostion 215 SB420 legal"

Maggz is offline Banned
    YES i suffer from vertigo, and i hate it.

happens to me when i stand up too fast, all the sudden i get a head rush, everything starts fading away as if im dying, and sometimes i SWEAR that im dying.. it lasts me like 10 seconds..everything turns all fucking weird and blurry and different, and a RUSHHHHHH of thoughts go through my head for the 10 seconds, feels twisted as fuck, sometimes i can deal with it but sometimes its just straight up uncomfortable.

4fingerlid is offline Registered+
    Yeah, I just wish I knew what brought it on. It really screws everything up. Getting high def does not help...or hurt. I appreciate the replies.

Dest is offline Registered+
    One time I got vertigo snorkeleing in hawaii when I was a little kid, the ocean was extremely deep, clear and bright and it triggered it.
    "Do not let education get in the way of your learning"