Thread: Can BUD go BAD or EXPIRE?

Adrenaline Rush is offline Registered+

Can BUD go BAD or EXPIRE?

Just a simple question....can bud go bad or expire?

I just found an 1/8 in my closet that I had lost about 9 months ago. I remember this was some really strong stuff. Nonetheless, I noticed the smell has, somewhat, gone away. The bud still looks like bud, only alot dryer (from the outside). The Buds are still intact and nicely compressed and when I split one of the buds, the inner part of the bud still looked fresh and crystalized. It still smells like herb, but alot less stronger than when it was fresh.

I'm just wondering if it's still safe to smoke. I actually smoked about half a bowl of it and it gave me a head change, but I'm not sure if I should smoke more of it.
    Last edited by Adrenaline Rush; May-23-2007 at 10:53.
    DieHard Dolphins Fan!

Psycho4Bud is offline The Modfather
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenaline Rush View Post
    Just a simple question....can bud go bad or expire?

I just found an 1/8 in my closet that I had lost about 8 months ago. I remember this was some really strong stuff. Nonetheless, I noticed the smell has, somewhat, gone away. The bud still looks like bud, only alot dryer (from the outside). The Buds are still intact and nicely compressed and when I split one of the buds, the ineer part still looked fresh and crystalized. It still smells like herb, but alot less stronger than when it was fresh.

I'm just wondering if it's still safe to smoke. I actually smoked about half a bowl of it and it gave me a head change, but I'm not sure if I should smoke more of it.
    VERY safe to smoke but may not have the kick that it did before. The only "bad" thing to watch out for is mold developing on the bud. Personally, I wouldn't smoke it if it did mold but to each his/her own.

The way it sounds though, I'd fire up what you got!

Have a good one!

xcrispi is offline Registered+
    P4B Speaks truth ,
    Unless it's moldy - fire in the hole . Old weed just turns to mummy dust when you break it up is all .
    Peace
    Crispi

mrdevious is offline Registered+
    From what I've read, bud loses about 50% of it's THC after a year. But I was once out of weed, really desperate, and found an old roach that I knew was 1 1/2 years old because I recognized the filter as the first I'd ever bought. I smoked the thing, and got very high. So have at it
    "Nirvana is the extinction of self" - Buddha

WakingDream is offline Registered+
    Light and drying out are the worst factors. Light kills thc so bud kept in a dark place in a jar would do better then a baggie left in the open.

rebgirl420 is offline Registered+
    Who lets weed sit around for more than ayear anyway? Im lucky if my 1/8 lasts more that 3 days!
    Vote for me to be Miss High Times 2011!
    http://misshightimes.com/users/rebgirl420

"I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like, victory. Someday this war's gonna end.."

- Kilgore (Apocalypse Now)

Xavina is here! August 22nd, 2010!
    4 1/2 Years Here and Counting

LIP
    LIP is offline Banned
    I smoked some of my cousins 6 month old bud last saturday night - and it was hardly anything and it got me fucked. As long as it's not moldy it'll be fine - and the smoke should be SMOOTH as fook!

green_gardenr is offline Registered+
    rebgirl 420 seriously fucking smoke it up or do something else with your money haha