Cannabis.com

Thread: Cannabis and Brain EEG/MRI

hungrychuck is offline Registered

Cannabis and Brain EEG/MRI

A few weeks ago I had a seizure (not related to smoking) and next Monday I have to get an EEG and an MRI of my brain, if I smoke this weekend or possibly the Sunday night before will this have any effect on the results. I'm not worried about people finding out that I smoke or anything, but I'm concerned that it will be a problem or show that something is different. Does anyone have any experience or knowledge on the subject?
    Thanks
    Chuck

2. Cannabis Seeds | Cannabis Seeds

Buy Feminised Cannabis Seeds

Cannabis Seeds Delivered World Wide, Top Free Seeds with ALL orders. 

Medical Marijuana Dispensary Finder

Medical Marijuana Directory

mseerob is offline Banned
    I wouldnt smoke right now.... just find out how the results go before going for it.

hazetwostep is offline Registered+
    yeah... i work in an emergency room so i have a familiar knowledge of radiology and of neuro stuff like EEGs.

smoking weed would not affect the MRI at all... guaranteed.

for the EEG i would actually encourage you to maintain a normal life pattern. if that includes smoking weed, then smoke weed. the EEG records brain patterns and activity so weed could only effect the test in as much as it effects your brain waves. if that is a normal chemical in your brain then keep it in there for the most accurate diagnostic.

disclaimer: i am not a physician. i would consult your physician for authoritative information on this topic. this is my non-professional opinion. call your doctor up and say you have an important yet sensitive issue to mention before the test. be up front and see what he says.
    "keep on living, keep on loving, keep on smoking" ~cody chesnutt

hungrychuck is offline Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by hazetwostep View Post
    yeah... i work in an emergency room so i have a familiar knowledge of radiology and of neuro stuff like EEGs.

smoking weed would not affect the MRI at all... guaranteed.

for the EEG i would actually encourage you to maintain a normal life pattern. if that includes smoking weed, then smoke weed. the EEG records brain patterns and activity so weed could only effect the test in as much as it effects your brain waves. if that is a normal chemical in your brain then keep it in there for the most accurate diagnostic.

disclaimer: i am not a physician. i would consult your physician for authoritative information on this topic. this is my non-professional opinion. call your doctor up and say you have an important yet sensitive issue to mention before the test. be up front and see what he says.

Thanks for the info. I was worried that it could show something as enlarged or not looking right on the MRI because of smoking, that is good to know it won't matter.

As for the EEG, I probably smoke a bowl or 2 a night and have done so for the last week, but I go weeks at a time without smoking, so my use is sporadic. I had a seizure about 6 years ago and at that time I had never smoked, so I doubt that the seizures our cause by weed.

I would call my doctor, but right now I'm in between GP's so I'm not really sure who to call. I think I am going to smoke tonight and possibly this weekend, but I'll lay off Sunday night since I'm supposed to be stay up and be sleep deprived anyways and smoking alyways makes me want to go to bed.

Thanks again.

Chuck