Thread: Cannabis Butter For Scars

JoeBear is offline Registered+

Cannabis Butter For Scars

Last year I had me spleen removed due to a genetic blood disorder. The spleen was so enlarged the cut was huge which left a very long icky scar. I was told to use cocoa butter. The smell of cocoa butter makes me seriously nauseated to my friend told me to use cannabis butter. We mixed it with some vitamin E lotion and I started using it a few times a day. Today my scar is a very faint pink. My sister in law had a C section around the same time and used cocoa butter. Her scar is still very red and bright. You can't even see wwhere my staples were anymore. My husband thought I was silly for using it but HEY, it worked!
    Anyone else try the butter for skincare?

sOcK3y3 is offline Banned
    damn, sorry to hear that. hope you feel better soon!!

birdgirl73 is offline Registered
    If you have any more surgery and want to use something other than an oily emollient on the scar, go to your pharmacy and get an over-the-counter gel called Mederma. It's a really good treatment for scars and helps them smooth out and fade much faster than they would otherwise. I'm currently using it on a scar on my neck from spinal surgery I had not quite four weeks ago. I've had very good luck with Mederma in the past.

Did you have to have your splenectomy because of hereditary spherocytosis?

rebgirl420 is offline Registered+
    I never used cocoa butter or anything for my cancer scars. They kind of just went away on their own. My oncologist was even shocked by the fact that the biopsey scar on my neck is almost completely gone. You can only see it if you realllllly look.
    Vote for me to be Miss High Times 2011!
    http://misshightimes.com/users/rebgirl420

"I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like, victory. Someday this war's gonna end.."

- Kilgore (Apocalypse Now)

Xavina is here! August 22nd, 2010!
    4 1/2 Years Here and Counting

thcbongman is offline Registered+
    Mederma works really well. I'm using it to smooth my scar so I can tattoo over it in a few months when it's ready.
    Happiness only real when shared

JoeBear is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by birdgirl73 View Post
    Did you have to have your splenectomy because of hereditary spherocytosis?
    Birdgirl... Yes I did and it's progressing into polycythemia. I got it from my dad. My mom says it's so weird watching me have things happen at the same ages they happened to my dad. I am the only one of my siblings who got it, I am the only daughter too. My blood gets so thick it's like watery pudding. The headaches and period cramps are absolute murder. I have moved to a new state and the doctors are waiting here for all my medical records so I can get perscription. My immune system is wrecked since my spleen came out. I get sick from every little thing that comes along. Little things in every day food make me throw up while everyone around me just munches away. Annoying LOL