Cannabis.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hearing voices while stoned

Dream of the iris is offline Registered+

hearing voices while stoned

This just recently started happening to me and it's a little unerving since I know so much about schizophrenia. I want to know if anyone else here experiences this and is quite sane. It ONLY happens while I'm stoned, so I'm NOT SCHIZO and have no history of mental illness in my family. It's only voices, not delusions or paranoid beliefs or anything like that.

2. Cannabis Seeds | Cannabis Seeds

Cannabis Seeds Delivered World Wide, Top Free Seeds with ALL orders. 

Medical Marijuana Dispensary Finder

Medical Marijuana Directory

Me.
    Me. is offline Registered+
    Distinct words and sentences? Or just a jumbled mess?
    You are in an altered state of mind when you are high so your mind could just be playing tricks on you. Some people report hallucination's when they are high so auditory hallucination's couldn't be that much out of the ordinary.
    If I may ask, what are they saying??

No, just a jumbled mess. They're not saying anything really. Nothing discernible anyway. Just to throw this out, weed does make me more sensitive to spiritual and psychic energies, especially since I've started doing yoga and meditation. So it might actually be spirits. Dunno, just a thought.
    Last edited by Dream of the iris; Oct-03-2007 at 19:22.

Zonyc is offline Registered+
    I can relate. Everytime I'm blazed, no matter where I am, i hear thumping in my head, but never when i'm sober. I'm thinking it's just my mind reorganizing my thoughts of the day, although I'm sure that I'm just bsin my self

FluidS is offline Registered+
    sometimes i see shit after i take big hits and/or when i'm really high. it's kind of like a lack of vision in certain spots but they look like they are actually there. first post btw!

beachguy in thongs is offline Registered+
    Maybe, you have thin walls.

Maybe, but I dunno I don't think that's it.
    Last edited by Dream of the iris; Oct-04-2007 at 10:35.

Kai as a kite is offline Registered+
    Are you in the same spot everytime it happens? It sounds pretty nuts. Not crazy nuts, but off the chain cool nuts. Maybe you're just hearing neighbours or something. Go share a bowl, and use some sort of visual aid (lava lamp, something shiny, etc.) to distract them while you go back to your place and enjoy your session in peace.

It gets worse at my house. I think I have ghosts and I'm not kidding. I can actually feel the presence of something in this house. It's not a bad spirit or anything, in fact I think it's good, but I dunno. I might have attracted some spirits when I experimented with Out of body experiences's a while back, but I don't want to turn this into a spiritual discussion.

weedmant is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by Zonyc View Post
    I can relate. Everytime I'm blazed, no matter where I am, i hear thumping in my head, but never when i'm sober. I'm thinking it's just my mind reorganizing my thoughts of the day, although I'm sure that I'm just bsin my self
    I also hear the thumping myself. but then i realize its probably just my heart beat. but i dont know it sounds cool when im blazed.

Forwhat420 is offline Registered+
    i hear voices sometimes when im smoking some good sativa..it scared me at first but now im used to it. also see things sometimes that are not there. i been smoking a long time though and it just started happening when i got back from iraq.

bigtymer13 is offline Registered
    that shit happens to me all the time but i think i lost my mind so i cant really say its the bud but i dunno

Like only when high, right?

And guy from Iraq, did you see some crazy shit there?

M1K3 is offline Registered+
    As long as the voices are not talking about you, there should be nothing to worry about.

robo scat is offline Registered+
    Find something to distract yourself from thinking about them. Don't worry about it at all unless it gets worse.

. . - R O B OS C A T - . .

Nailhead is offline Registered+
    That's kind of weird, I don't believe in ghosts but only because I haven't personally had any experience with that kind of stuff, but I do know of people that have had experiences and they don't seem crazy...so...maybe it is a ghost?

Now being an atheist I'm not much of a ghost wizz, but I would assume ghosts don't come and go, they just stay there, so it seems weird it just started happening recently, making me think it's probably with you...not casper. Do you hear them in certain places of your house, or away from your house? When did you start hearing these sounds? Have you had any recent tragedies, like someone close to you dying, moving away, or anything that would cause you to be severely depressed or something?

No, nothing tragic. It is stronger in my house then anywhere else and I really haven't done any experimenting with it as I've stopped smoking for a while. It might just be noises that my brain is interpreting as voices (as they really aren't clear cut voices) that's one possibility too. And I've read that ghost can just show up if they're attracted to your aura.

TheGreatBenzino is offline Registered+
    I have never expierence this or been with someone who has expierence this.... It would be pretty fucked up!
    "My joints and blunts burn slow, like pissing drunk with gonorrhea"
    "My hits are like my dick, white and thick, but a a little harder to swallow"

Coelho is offline Registered+
    Ive experienced somewhat similar to this... i live alone, in a very quiet place, so i basically live surrounded by silence. And so, my mind also is usually silent.
    But when my parents come to visit me, there was, of course, a great deal of talking, noise, and so.
    Well... after they leave, whenever i smoked i would "hear" their voices into my head, as if their voices were still there, echoing... fortunately, after some time they left, the silence of my house seemed to take it over again, and my mind come back to its silent ways.
    And i noted that when i go to a party, or some noisy place, when i smoke after it i hear the sounds of the place into my mind...
    In my own experience, they are just my mind re-playing the sounds i heard before... Or, as the weed increase the senses, the voices i hear are from some TV of some neighbour, or from someone in the street... but it doesnt rule out the possibility of ghosts in your case...
    Last edited by Coelho; Oct-07-2007 at 00:27.

Yeah I hear that too. Like if my friends were over at my house and I was stoned, I would hear them talking in my mind. It's really strange.

Forwhat420 is offline Registered+
    iraq is no place for anyone to be. Crazy shit? i guess you could call it that.

cali14 is offline Registered+
    i know what youre talking about everytime im high no matter where im at i hear babys crying and a dogs barking

tenajtimmad is offline Banned
    i know what your talking about and thank goodness cause i guess its just auditory senses fucking with us.. last night and on many nights i hear like whispering or words coming from the distance.. it was even creepier last night cause i had this wooden chair in my room that my friend was using a couple nights ago and its setup as if someone was sitting down and watching me sleep

JohnnyII is offline Registered+
    Yeah I think it's normal. I generally get pretty intense audio hallucinations from more sativa-based bud. One time I was smoking some Satori in the backyard and kept hearing what sounded like short clips of kids playing on a playground. It was a very intense head high, nonetheless.

TryptamineScape is offline Registered+
    That happens to me alot man. I always have auditory hallucinations when I'm really high. Sometimes it's leftovers from people I talked to earlier in the day, sometimes it's just sounds, and sometimes it's actual noises like the house popping or something and it seems amplified. Sometimes I think I'm having OEV's but it's really just a shadow that I caught out of the corner or my eye or something, it's really nothing. I had a bad wreck about two years ago in which I broke my back, completely destroying some nerves and having to live with that pain for the rest of my life. Some mornings I can't even get out of bed and I'm only 20. That's fairly traumatic, so sometimes I actually hear the car crashing in my head. That's the only time the auditory hallucination's bother me, when that happens I find myself getting sweaty and little lightheaded but I control it now. I'd much rather be completely blazed and not have to feel my back. It's fairly normal, doesn't mean you're going crazy, just watch your perception of it, that's where the only danger lies.
    www.myspace.com/tryptaminescape
    Stand upright, speak thy thoughts, declare The truth thou hast, that all may share; Be bold, proclaim it everywhere: They only live who dare.
    Voltaire
    Anyone using this IP, or the user name TryptamineScape is not held responsible for any of the comments made anywhere in this forum. All remarks are fictional.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast