Thread: Smoking after donating blood?

jmcbubbles is offline Registered

Smoking after donating blood?

Hi all - I'm a newbie to this forum but a seasoned smoker

Just wondering, I'm donating blood after work today, but have been busy and have not had a joint since Saturday, and I was really looking forward to chilling out at home later and getting high - you know the way they tell you you shouldn't smoke a cigarette for about an hour after donating blood cos it can make you lightheaded - do you think it would be okay to smoke a joint later in the day? Like I'm planning on having dinner and all that before I skin one up, so it'll be a couple of hours after giving blood, but I just don't wanna make myself sick from it... Has anyone ever gotten high after donating blood? Is it okay?

Thanks

melodious fellow is offline Registered+
    I would say you should be fine. the most important things to do after donating blood are to drink LOTS of fluids, juices and water. And to avoid physical activity. have fun
    VOTE DR. RON PAUL

Disclaimer: None of the information posted under this screen name or this IP address is to be taken seriously, nor do the authors advocate any illegal activities, as posts in these forums are for entertainment purposes only.

hero3279 is offline Registered+
    Sorry I'm being really selfish here but thought it's a perfect time to ask.

I'm now assuming it's ok but I've always thought about this. I've ALWAYS wanted to give blood but I thought me smoking would affect my chances of giving blood as no one would want a tokers infested blood with the devils harvest seed in it?
    lol

So ...it's okay to give blood even if you toke?

Hell yeah!
    "All that we are is the result of what we have thought.If a man speaks or acts with an evil thought, pain follows him.If a man speaks or acts with a pure thought,happiness follows him, like a shadow that never leaves him."

“The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is.”

jmcbubbles is offline Registered
    hero - yes smoking dope isn't a problem at all when it comes to donating blood, so go forth and do it!! They don't test for it and it doesn't affect the blood in any adverse way that would affect somebody receiving it. They DO care if you inject or snort any drugs, but smoking joints is fine.

melodious - LOL I definitely do not have any physically activity planned - unless the whole arm-to-mouth action (both smoking and munchie-attack) counts!!

I have donated a few times before so I know the score, and as I said am a regular smoker, but the two have never coincided til now - dunno how I managed that!

FakeBoobsRule is offline Smackdown Moderation
    I give blood all the time and I have smoked as soon as an hour after donating. I've never really thought about it. If you don't weigh very much or are a small person you may want to eat and drink something and wait a few hours before smoking. Take it easy on how much you smoke, make sure you aren't going anywhere or driving or have anything important to do and give it a try. Hell, reward yourself for doing something nice.

LuckyG is offline Registered+
    SMOKE AFTERWARDS. I can't recommend it enough. Me and my roommate were reminiscing about our best highs the other night, and I couldn't remember why my best was my best. Thanks for the memory jog - I remembered that I had donated blood an hour or two beforehand. I took my dog for a walk; the sun was shining in a clear blue sky, with big cumulus clouds billowing on the horizon. We sat down under a tree and I could feel every single hair in my body as a breeze blew over us. It was one of the most enjoyable moments of my life.

Weedywildwoman is offline Registered+
    You will have the eating something covered as you said you are having dinner before you skin up. You will be absolutely fine to enjoy a well-deserved smoke.

By the way, thank you for your time and generosity! Enjoy!